Adorama blow out prices on LSiM series

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,807
    Solution:
    Just have them sent my way, I'll send you 15 one hundred dollar monthly payments. :D
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,496
    edited October 20
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Adorama said since the order has been packed and invoiced, that it can't be canceled, eventhough it hasn't shipoed yet. I told them if it hasn't shipped, it can be canceled and if it isn't, I'll refuse delivery and it will be coming back to them anyway.

Uggg coming from experience returns to Adorama are a major PIA. They won’t refund until they receive the return and their staff checks the items. So figure a week to receive it, a week to return it and another three days for them to process, and a couple more for your bank to receive the funds.

I’d accept the shipment then schedule a return. This way you’ll know when they were returned.

In my case I never received my 707s; UPS said they never picked them up, and Adorama said they did. I had to prove I didn’t receive them then was offered store credit as Adorama had no more stock at the time.

Lots of calls and about three weeks I got my money back....more to the story but that’s the jist of it.

Good luck.

Also unlike most Adorama charges your account before the product actually ships; which they shouldn’t.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mak99mak99 Posts: 339
    I canceled the order early this morning. A few keystrokes can make it happen. Im not accepting delivery if it happens and will contact Chase if need be.

Hopefully they don't try to backcharge you for shipping both ways if you refuse delivery - possibly be issuing you less of a refund than the original order.

Good luck!
    Main HT:
    Epson 5020UBe
    135" Elite Screens fixed frame
    Marantz SR7007
    Emotiva XPA-100 x3 (fronts), UPA-7 (surrounds)
    Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Panamax M5410 Pro x2
    Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X RT (80F/X Ls needs installing), 65-RT
    Seaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" (orig. AV123 MFW-15)
    Velodyne SMS-1
    I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruout
    Harmony 1100
    Salamander Twin 30 C/B

* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 2,150
    Then again this could work in your favor.

They don't cancel even after you send an email. You then tell the wife you tried to cancel them and have the email prof. Sure she will be mad for a bit.

Now seriously, once you have the tracking numbers call UPS. Tell them you don't want the shipment and see if they will refuse pickup or turn it around.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,377
    Don’t count on Chase, just sayin’
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,018
    dromunds wrote: »
    Don’t count on Chase, just sayin’

I’ve done two legit charge backs on my amazon chase card no problem. Just submitted the form and got be money back...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
    My mother had nothing but trouble and incompetence.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,304
    I have never had any issues either with my Amazon Chase card.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I have never had any issues either with my Amazon Chase card.

I am surprised, because this is one of those times where I appreciate having the HUGE corporation on my side. Chase v. Adorama. Who ya think's gonna win that battle?!?
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
    Yeah, I ended up helping her or she would've given up. I dealt with a string of incompetents, I've never seen anything like it. She and my father used them for decades and this was the first time she ever contacted them to cancel a transaction, which was irrefutably in her favor (they finally conceded after months and many requests for reconsideration and her card was refunded in full,) now she cancelled her card and went elsewhere.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,573
    Low prices generally don't equate to the best customer service
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • bostonvr6bostonvr6 Posts: 34
    edited October 21
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Pick-up something cheap on Craigslist to at least run them at low volume. There have been enough QC issues that I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting months.

Honestly if you're in a decent sized market you can probably find an older non-hdmi beast of a receiver for a $100 or less.

This for instance has a pretty stout power supply. Run optical out of your TV and you'll actually get pretty darn good SQ especially considering the $$$:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-AVR-3805-Audio-Video-Home-Theater-Surround-Sound-Stereo-Receiver/202800089463?hash=item2f37d3c977:g:sAoAAOSwlkhdpOpC

Not a bad idea.

I have this laying around (link below).... would it be good enough for basic testing? 100watt per channel might be low even for testing.

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avr2309ci

Also reading people with bad customer service experience, ill share mine. Had great experience. Ordered 705s, opened them looked fine, 2 weeks later the 707s went on sale for only $100 more. To ward off buyers remorse for not going bigger for only$100 i returned the 705s and ordered the 707s. No hassles at all. I did have shop-runner so shipping both ways was free. Also the 706c i ordered went down in price by $40, talked to chat support, first they offered me credit, then they offered refund of the difference after i asked nicely.
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,533
    There are times of the year during religious Jewish holidays when Adorama shuts down. They should be up again later this week and can take care of issues. That’s been normal for some of the New York area camera and electronics companies for decades.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 Preamp; Classe Model 25 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio Power Director; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Parasound JC2BP and A21; Sony 48" 4K TV; Wyred4Sound DAC 2; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 2,150
    bostonvr6 wrote: »
    Pick-up something cheap on Craigslist to at least run them at low volume. There have been enough QC issues that I wouldn't feel comfortable waiting months.

Honestly if you're in a decent sized market you can probably find an older non-hdmi beast of a receiver for a $100 or less.

This for instance has a pretty stout power supply. Run optical out of your TV and you'll actually get pretty darn good SQ especially considering the $$$:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-AVR-3805-Audio-Video-Home-Theater-Surround-Sound-Stereo-Receiver/202800089463?hash=item2f37d3c977:g:sAoAAOSwlkhdpOpC

Not a bad idea.

I have this laying around (link below).... would it be good enough for basic testing? 100watt per channel might be low even for testing.

Also reading people with bad customer service experience, ill share mine. Had great experience. Ordered 705s, opened them looked fine, 2 weeks later the 707s went on sale for only $100 more. To ward off buyers remorse for not going bigger for only$100 i returned the 705s and ordered the 707s. No hassles at all. I did have shop-runner so shipping both ways was free. Also the 706c i ordered went down in price by $40, talked to chat support, first they offered me credit, then they offered refund of the difference after i asked nicely.

sure just don't turn it up too loud
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,830
    Adorama said since the order has been packed and invoiced, that it can't be canceled, eventhough it hasn't shipoed yet. I told them if it hasn't shipped, it can be canceled and if it isn't, I'll refuse delivery and it will be coming back to them anyway.

Uggg coming from experience returns to Adorama are a major PIA. They won’t refund until they receive the return and their staff checks the items. So figure a week to receive it, a week to return it and another three days for them to process, and a couple more for your bank to receive the funds.

I’d accept the shipment then schedule a return. This way you’ll know when they were returned.

In my case I never received my 707s; UPS said they never picked them up, and Adorama said they did. I had to prove I didn’t receive them then was offered store credit as Adorama had no more stock at the time.

Lots of calls and about three weeks I got my money back....more to the story but that’s the jist of it.

Good luck.

Also unlike most Adorama charges your account before the product actually ships; which they shouldn’t.

They want $119.00 for a shipping label to send back. I canceled the next day. As of today, the items havent even shipped yet due to a holiday. How is it so hard to cancel an order that hasnt even shipped? If they show up, Im refusing delivery, then contacting my bank.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,304
    You got a good deal. You should have stayed with your original plan.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,830

It is a good deal. Can always try em out and if I dont like, return em. Only $119 to find out. Of course, my better half wont be too happy, but we've been married for 31 yrs, so this too shall pass...lol.
  • Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,232

Beginning to think the same thing. Buyers remorse sucks.
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
    bostonvr6 wrote: »

Not a bad idea.

Sure, it would be fine for testing, I would just go easy on the volume. The nice thing is you can break them in at low to medium volume. Use it to watch tv, put a cd or playlist on repeat during the day while you're gone. These LSiMs take a LONG time to break in, so I would definitely plug them. BUT resist the temptation to crack them up!
    ; Master Bedroom
  • Grimster74Grimster74 Posts: 2,522
    The urge to pull the trigger on the LSiM703 for my rears and the LSiM702 F/X for sides is killing me beings they are selling so cheap. Think I'm just gonna stick with my original plan and get the matching in-walls and be done.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,609
    msg wrote: »
    So just the two kids, then?

That one's gonna leave a permanent mark. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • B_T_CB_T_C Posts: 4
    Is Polk discontinuing the LSiM line? I have four of the 703s and the 706c. I've been on the fence about getting the 707 at these prices, but looks like Midnight Mahogany is out of stock. I have two Rythmik F18s, so maybe there is no point to getting towers, but at these prices it's hard to not be incredibly curious.
  • Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,232
    If you’re curious and you’re not buying you’re missing out.

I’m sure that once they’re gone they’re gone and you will never get this kind of a deal again
    Down
    RTiA9 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,885
    Isn't the sale over now?
  • B_T_CB_T_C Posts: 4
    The sale is still on, but they are starting to run out of stock, particularly in Midnight Mahogany.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,885
    Maybe I should get some 702's to stick on the ceiling?
    B_T_C wrote: »
    The sale is still on, but they are starting to run out of stock, particularly in Midnight Mahogany.

Lots of folks will be kicking themselves for missing this deal. I don’t see resale being a problem if you decide they are not for you.
    ; Master Bedroom
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,672
    edited October 26
    B_T_C wrote: »
    Is Polk discontinuing the LSiM line? I have four of the 703s and the 706c. I've been on the fence about getting the 707 at these prices, but looks like Midnight Mahogany is out of stock. I have two Rythmik F18s, so maybe there is no point to getting towers, but at these prices it's hard to not be incredibly curious.
    Two Rythmik F18's? Well..... there might not be a point in getting them. :neutral:

However, outside of just bass and the expansiveness that subs can add to the soundstange. Some say the 707's added even more of the LSiM experience over the 703's. Member DarqueKnight posted some interesting thoughts.
    Summary of improvements over the 705s:

1. Wider and deeper sound stage. Imaging of the 705s did not extend beyond the outer edges of the speakers. The sound stage of the 707s extends 3 feet beyond the speaker outer edges. Projection from the 707's front plane was 2-4 feet depending on recording...same as the 705s. the 707's depth was 1-2 feet further back than the 705's.
    2. More image weight at sides of the sound stage.
    3. More clarity, detail, and bass weight and definition. Enhanced rumble and growl around bass notes.
    4. More cohesive integration with the center channel speaker, which uses the same tweeter, midrange driver, and midwoofer drivers.
    5. A more immersive experience with multichannel music.
    6. More tactile sensation.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/182984/how-my-lsim-707s-sound-to-me-a-review

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/176867/another-lsim-705-review

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/187536/my-new-lsim-703s

While the Midnight Mahogany 707's are out of stock at the Adorama blow out prices. They are available for a little bit higher price through Polk, eBay dealers, amazon, and other Polk dealers. Search google shopping.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-LSiM705-47-Floorstanding-Tower-Speaker-PAIR-Midnight-Mahogany/183905800799?epid=112158030&hash=item2ad1a3d25f:g:dQkAAOSwis5dQmuL

https://www.discountbandit.com/polk-audio-lsim705-47-floorstanding-tower-speaker-single-midnight-mahogany.html?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqtar1Ly65QIVoP7jBx3zNgo0EAkYAyABEgLd3PD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Flagship-Floorstanding-Loudspeaker/dp/B07FT8ZWKL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=LSiM707+midnight&qid=1572111911&s=electronics&sr=1-1

https://www.adorama.com/pklsim705b.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqtar1Ly65QIVoP7jBx3zNgo0EAkYASABEgKIcfD_BwE

https://www.polkaudio.com/collections/home-audio/lsim-series
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster