Adorama blow out prices on LSiM series

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I did it! And may God have mercy on my soul...lol. Two new 707s and a 706 for $1,447.00 shipped. Just couldn't pass it up.

Sweet victory
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Congrats, you'll love them.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Milito wrote: »
    Congrats, you'll love them.

Thanks. Had 703s for a while and liked them, but wasnt happy with the rr tweet. Have changed up some gear since then and think it will be lovely.
  • deronb1 wrote: »
    I did it! And may God have mercy on my soul...lol. Two new 707s and a 706 for $1,447.00 shipped. Just couldn't pass it up.

Congrats! You can’t beat that deal. Less than a pair of 705s on a F&F sale.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

Good job. Now you have a decent base to upgrade in a few years. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    Good, Good. Now feel your wife’s hate flow through you. You have taken your first step to The Dark Side.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• deronb1
    Good, Good. Now feel your wife’s hate flow through you. You have taken your first step to The Dark Side.

Ha!
  • deronb1
    I cancelled the order. Sober brain prevails.
  • BlueFox

That sucks.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

I think it’s for the best!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    She got to you. :/

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907

That sucks, well at least you won't have to sleep with one eye open.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • deronb1
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I think it’s for the best!

Me too!
    BlueFox wrote: »

That sucks.

Meh. Im fine with it
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    Boooooooooo!

In all seriousness it sounds like you made a financial decision that was correct for you. I hope you get another opportunity To get a great deal on a great upgrade.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    These were calling me also but I really need new couches more than speakers right now. There will always be deals on speakers. Besides, I've been wanting to build some speakers for awhile now.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    ^^^ tie a cot between the speakers!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • deronb1
    Adorama said since the order has been packed and invoiced, that it can't be canceled, eventhough it hasn't shipoed yet. I told them if it hasn't shipped, it can be canceled and if it isn't, I'll refuse delivery and it will be coming back to them anyway.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Maybe you can cancel the credit card payment... that might get their attention!

They may still decide to contest the cancellation if they ship the speakers anyway, so the reversed charge might still be reinstated if the CC company sides with them (considering conditions of sale, return policy etc.)... 🤔

If the order hasn't shipped today, it might ship tomorrow, Monday. You might want some form of written proof that you canceled the order before it shipped. At the very least, records of when you called to cancel etc. if everything was done over the phone.
    Alea jacta est!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    It’s a sign that they were destined to come to you.
  • deronb1
    I canceled the order early this morning. A few keystrokes can make it happen. Im not accepting delivery if it happens and will contact Chase if need be.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited October 2019
    Adorama said since the order has been packed and invoiced, that it can't be canceled, eventhough it hasn't shipoed yet. I told them if it hasn't shipped, it can be canceled and if it isn't, I'll refuse delivery and it will be coming back to them anyway.

Uggg coming from experience returns to Adorama are a major PIA. They won’t refund until they receive the return and their staff checks the items. So figure a week to receive it, a week to return it and another three days for them to process, and a couple more for your bank to receive the funds.

I’d accept the shipment then schedule a return. This way you’ll know when they were returned.

In my case I never received my 707s; UPS said they never picked them up, and Adorama said they did. I had to prove I didn’t receive them then was offered store credit as Adorama had no more stock at the time.

Lots of calls and about three weeks I got my money back....more to the story but that’s the jist of it.

Good luck.

Also unlike most Adorama charges your account before the product actually ships; which they shouldn’t.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    I canceled the order early this morning. A few keystrokes can make it happen. Im not accepting delivery if it happens and will contact Chase if need be.

Hopefully they don't try to backcharge you for shipping both ways if you refuse delivery - possibly be issuing you less of a refund than the original order.

Good luck!
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Then again this could work in your favor.

They don't cancel even after you send an email. You then tell the wife you tried to cancel them and have the email prof. Sure she will be mad for a bit.

Now seriously, once you have the tracking numbers call UPS. Tell them you don't want the shipment and see if they will refuse pickup or turn it around.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • dromunds
    Don’t count on Chase, just sayin’
  • rooftop59
    dromunds wrote: »
    Don’t count on Chase, just sayin’

I’ve done two legit charge backs on my amazon chase card no problem. Just submitted the form and got be money back...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • dromunds
    My mother had nothing but trouble and incompetence.
  • BlueFox
    I have never had any issues either with my Amazon Chase card.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I have never had any issues either with my Amazon Chase card.
    dromunds wrote: »
    My mother had nothing but trouble and incompetence.

I am surprised, because this is one of those times where I appreciate having the HUGE corporation on my side. Chase v. Adorama. Who ya think's gonna win that battle?!?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • dromunds
    Yeah, I ended up helping her or she would've given up. I dealt with a string of incompetents, I've never seen anything like it. She and my father used them for decades and this was the first time she ever contacted them to cancel a transaction, which was irrefutably in her favor (they finally conceded after months and many requests for reconsideration and her card was refunded in full,) now she cancelled her card and went elsewhere.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Low prices generally don't equate to the best customer service
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.