OFFICIAL POLK L200 DEMO PROGRAM

Comments

• Do it.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Seconded.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Oki doki
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Thirded.....is that even a word ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    The I's have it....
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Ya, reviews would just get lost in this thread.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Yes.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • tonyb
    Soo, who got these speakers first ? Chop chop with some impressions boys.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Ears on 'em today in NH, courtesy of the gracious hospitality of @Manticore and Mrs. Manticore!

r3nkxmdcr4gx.jpg

More to come...
    Film at Eleven (as they used to say on teevee).

;)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    5 more hours? Just tell us how they sound now! ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    5 more hours? Just tell us how they sound now! ;)

I can't hear them now -- I'm too far away...

;)
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2019
    They sound very good for their size. The tweeter is very, very sweet-sounding.
    I am still a little puzzled by their price, but not to the point to say they're outrageously expensive. They are expensive for rather ordinary-looking little two-way, ported bookshelf speakers, though, you know? Other than being rear-ported, the form factor's pretty evocative of the ELAC Debut B6.2-whatever things, e.g.

Do they sound better? Yes. How much better per $ is the question I can't really muse upon.

I wonder how they'd compare to the wired morph of the KEF LS-50?

• F1nut
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Ears on 'em today in NH, courtesy of the gracious hospitality of @Manticore and Mrs. Manticore!

r3nkxmdcr4gx.jpg

More to come...

;)

Hey, no grubby fingerprints allowed on the speakers.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited September 2019
    I've started a new thread for the reviews in the Speaker section.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188179/polk-l200-speaker-demo-reviews

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    F1nut wrote: »

r3nkxmdcr4gx.jpg

More to come...

;)

Not sure if I should fall on my sword or throw my gracious host under the bus...

:#
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2019
    oops, I should not post L200 comments in this thread, should I?

Following directions/coloring inside the lines was never my best thing. You can kinda tell that I was never in the military. :#
    JayCee wrote: »

r3nkxmdcr4gx.jpg

More to come...

;)

Those aren't finger prints..... :neutral:

ewww...

:#

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    Can we get an update? I need to know when my time is getting close, so I can be ready to get the most out of the time I have. I have no idea who has the speakers at the moment.

Thanks

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    Brock, you are after TonyB, so about 3 to 4 weeks I believe.

President of Club Polk

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Jesse, can you give me an estimate when I may get them?
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Thank you by the way!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    Brock, you are after TonyB, so about 3 to 4 weeks I believe.

Thanks Jesse, gives me a time frame.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    Jesse, can you give me an estimate when I may get them?

I don't know....5, 6 weeks.

President of Club Polk

• Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited November 2019
    Good to know as well. Looks like I might get them about February. Lots of time to finish the upgrades.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• I’m in and will send info.

I have one question Jesse.

If two participants are really close and willing to DRIVE to meet (and save a chance of shipping damage), can that be done?

IE if someone in a Chicago or Louisville is willing to meet someone from Indy at a mutually beneficial location..... is that allowed?
  • tonyb
    meledis wrote: »
    I’m in and will send info.

I have one question Jesse.

If two participants are really close and willing to DRIVE to meet (and save a chance of shipping damage), can that be done?

IE if someone in a Chicago or Louisville is willing to meet someone from Indy at a mutually beneficial location..... is that allowed?

You better get cookin' then, I believe you need 100 posts min. to be in.

...and yes, handing off to another is acceptable over shipping.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's