12346»

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    meledis wrote: »
    I’m in and will send info.

I have one question Jesse.

If two participants are really close and willing to DRIVE to meet (and save a chance of shipping damage), can that be done?

IE if someone in a Chicago or Louisville is willing to meet someone from Indy at a mutually beneficial location..... is that allowed?

I hope you stick around since this is a great place and the more the merrier, but I really doubt Jesse is going to send a $1700 pair of speakers to someone who joined on Sept. 5...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Guys, this meledis idiot is a loser spammer who deserves to be exterminated from the gene pool. Don't give the **** any mind.
    meledis wrote: »

If two participants are really close and willing to DRIVE to meet (and save a chance of shipping damage), can that be done?

IE if someone in a Chicago or Louisville is willing to meet someone from Indy at a mutually beneficial location..... is that allowed?

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Yes John if you look at his page it is full of member post it "plagiarized" as its own.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes John if you look at his page it is full of member post it "plagiarized" as its own.

Hi.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    skip the noise (no offense @dskip!) vis-a-vis ham-fisted spambots* and concentrate on the signal -- the L200! :)

(yeah, I know, I am being a hypocrite -- it's one of my better things)

* heh. ham -- spam. I made a funny.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    meledis will never get these speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Inspector 24
    Options
    I feel I've been skipped, any help here? Did I miss a memo?

Coolsax
    Inspector24
    Nooshinjohn
    Rburgess
    Civilian
    JayCee
    Audioluvr

Thanks in advance. :)
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Is there a chance to get in the rotation? At the end of course.
  • Inspector 24
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out if there's a chance for me to demo them, somehow I've been skipped. I'm hoping that doesn't compromise my chances to demo them.

I've sent a few messages, haven't gone anywhere, I guess I'll send a few more. :)
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• deronb1
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out if there's a chance for me to demo them, somehow I've been skipped. I'm hoping that doesn't compromise my chances to demo them.

I've sent a few messages, haven't gone anywhere, I guess I'll send a few more. :)

Drag! Keep trying!
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited February 2020
    Options
    F1 has me on ignore. I guess I hurt his feelings. Is that one of the requirements, not be on his ignore list? 😄
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• deronb1
    Options
    F1 has me on ignore. I guess I hurt his feelings. Is that one of the requirements, not be on his ignore list? 😄

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm on it too...lol.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Where are we at in the Demo List?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Inspector 24 wrote: »

You have no one to blame, but yourself and your feelings.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »

You're not. Do you want to be?

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Where are we at in the Demo List?

Moving along. When your turn comes up you will be notified.

President of Club Polk

• deronb1
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Well...no, but I drink and sometimes say dumb things. Or is it i sometimes drink and say dumb things. Either way, I've been known to say dumb things. Like now for example.
  • F1nut
    Options

Well...no, but I drink and sometimes say dumb things. Or is it i sometimes drink and say dumb things. Either way, I've been known to say dumb things. Like now for example.

Everyone says something dumb from time to time.....no drinking required.

President of Club Polk

• deronb1
    Options

Everyone says something dumb from time to time.....no drinking required.

Agreed
  • Inspector 24
    edited February 2020
    Options

Care to fill me in? If you want to ignore me that's fine, but please explain how your personal preferences precludes me from participating in the demo? Per the requirements you outlined in your first post and every other demo program I've seen I meet both requirements.
    The program is for active members with at least 100 posts.

So please, explain why I am off the demo list?

Post edited by Inspector 24 on
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options

Care to fill me in? If you want to ignore me that's fine, but please explain how your personal preferences precludes me from participating in the demo? Per the requirements you outlined in your first post and every other demo program I've seen I meet both requirements.

So please, explain why I am off the demo list.

Maybe a PM is in order here?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Inspector 24
    edited February 2020
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

So please, explain why I am off the demo list.

Maybe a PM is in order here?

Just tried again. It doesn't allow you to if you're on their ignore list. I also contacted other members on the demo list before posting here. So far the only response I've gotten is what you see above.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Your "PM" from earlier went to the activity wall and not to Jesse's inbox. I don't think he gets a notification when someone posts on the activity wall.

tn3psthnuuyh.jpg
  • Inspector 24
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Your "PM" from earlier went to the activity wall and not to Jesse's inbox. I don't think he gets a notification when someone posts on the activity wall.

Thanks for catching that, I've missed stuff on my activity wall before, though I did it intentionally after finding I was unable to send a PM. :/

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    Does anyone have a photo of the L200's crossover?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS DEMO
    I have had the L200's for several days now and I have been listening to them with the following setup I put together for this demo

Rotel RX1052 Stereo Receiver
    Sony DVPS9000es DVD / SACD / CD Player
    Panamax PM5100ex Surge protector
    Audioquest Rocket 33 speaker cables
    Audioquest Mackenzie RCA analog cables
    Velodyne DD 10 Plus just 1 ( but also ran by themselves.)

BUILD QUALITY
    Beautiful build quality with high quality driver and Tweeter. Cabinet looks excellent with it's gloss black front and High satin like wood finish.
    The binding posts are top notch and I love the wired jumpers instead of the brass/coper/gold plated jumpers you usually find on speakers. Excellent touch and give it a higher end feel.
    I don't however like the Power port on the back. I think it takes away from the beauty of the speaker design. I don't know why Polk still uses this technology especially in a bookshelf speaker. Yes I know all the theory behind power port polk has been using this technology for decades. It's also just standard looking plastic. I don't what other material they could have used to improve on it maybe Carbon Fiber? But I think this speaker would have been more elegant if it was sealed or used a new port technology.
    Most people who run bookshelf speakers for theater or 2 channel usually have a dedicated subwoofer to match them. Restricting the bookshelf to higher replay frequencies I think would make them even better like cutting them off at 60-80hz sealed.

SOUND
    Man these things just take me back to a time when I had polk's in my main system. I have owned so many different polk speakers over the decades of being in this hobby and these are like the best polished versions to date. I would love to have a pair of LSIM703's which where here many years ago to vs them against them as memory serves me they sound a lot like they did but more refined more polished more detailed. Without having the 703's here and so m any years have gone by since I heard them I can only go on emotional connection I had with them.
    The high end is crystal clear and detailed without making you want to leave the room after a few minutes of listening. I could sit in front of them and play my favorite music without getting bored or tired.
    The Mid range is nice , slightly loose which I think is due to the port design but very pleasing to listen to. Warm inviting tones.
    The Low end I feel seems forced and un natural again I have to say the port port even though polk claims to have an updated design, still to me seems like same old same old. It's loose and not detailed or tracks notes very well. Nothing like when you pair a subwoofer into the mix sealed design( Velodyne DD 10 plus). Those who ever compared a sealed subwoofer or speaker to a ported sub or speakers knows that there is a tightness difference one can hear on certain bass heavy music. It's harder to hear when things are calm or light recorded bass material but when things get slammed the ports show there poor design to me.

PRICE
    For the money I think they would compete well against others in the price range. They have their own polk sound that is there in everything polk has ever made that was of higher quality. I can't speak for the sound bars and their entry level stuff as I have not spend any time with them but their RT SDA and LSI series I have a lot of experience with and that signature polk sound is there on every model.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.