Moderator Vote

12346»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Nailed it, thank you!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dang Kerry...when you take a swing your not hitting foul balls bro. Rock on with your bad self.

Ken has pretty much put this to rest now. Thanks to all who stepped up, stepped into the weeds to help protect the forum.

Now can we get back to talking about speakers ? I hear Polk has some new kids on the block and I'm jonesin for some member reviews. We can also talk about food, wine and women....those things accompany audio too...right?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Well said Kerry!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    F1nut wrote: »
    Only 3 members stepped up to the plate, two more were seemly joking about stepping up.

Sorry Jesse. You are correct. Though I could possibly be a good moderator, I lack the ability to commit due to work constraints. Was just trying to lighten the discussion.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Only 3 members stepped up to the plate, two more were seemly joking about stepping up.

Sorry Jesse. You are correct. Though I could possibly be a good moderator, I lack the ability to commit due to work constraints. Was just trying to lighten the discussion.

Nothing to be sorry about. B)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited September 2019
    Vote for me!

vlsrpm1vbsal.jpg

This just in...our exit polls are telling us that Ken Byrdson has won the open seat for moderator on the Polk forum in a landslide.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I would like to clarify a statement I made earlier referring to those that chose to say nothing...there are some here, because of the nature of their business, or, position with a particular company, made the politically correct decision to refrain from commenting. There are times where political correctness, or, being judicious on what you say on a public forum, is, for lack of a better word...correct. I understand the need to refrain from the muck, and, hope I didn't offend those in that position.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Don’t worry about it. With that many words in a post then 99% didn’t read it. Out of the remaining 1% that did read it then 99% couldn’t really care. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Maybe someone from Russia or the Ukraine could moderate for us. ;)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Maybe someone from Russia or the Ukraine could moderate for us. ;)

krz3h2wmc6tj.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You guys can't take a hint can ya.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    edited September 2019
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Kex wrote: »
    ...The role of being an active club member, given to the occasional outburst or take down, is not compatible with the requirements of impartial moderation. You can do one or the other, but very few could do both.

I respectfully disagree. I think being an active member, and “given to the occasional...takedown” is not only compatible, but essential to the role of moderator. Do we really want a mod with no dog in the fight
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Good grief!
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Clipdat wrote: »
    "LOLing" posts you don't agree with is passive aggressive.
    Yeah... I could have done some LOL'ing of my own... Thankfully, I grew up a long time ago.
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    Kex wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    "LOLing" posts you don't agree with is passive aggressive.
    Yeah... I could have done some LOL'ing of my own... Thankfully, I grew up a long time ago.

That is not evident in this thread.

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I would vote for the man with the perfect hair!

On which part of the body?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Willow wrote: »

On which part of the body?

swlzl2ib3k75.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

The Werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's?

• Waaaaaa,, you know who
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited September 2019
    I'll step up to the plate.

Jesse is my vote, hands down.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited September 2019
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WOW, I missed a bunch. Here is a serious question, is there anyone else on the Polk Forum that works as hard as Jesse on the forefront, and behind the scenes as he does? Especially the last couple years? I don’t see it, for someone that is not employed by the company he has had a solid commitment to the brand since day one, so he tells it like it is, that’s one of the things I love about the guy, love him or dislike him, you can’t dispute the facts...

Completely agree Larry.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee