Moderator Vote

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    tonyb wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Well, I for one can't abide by any more nasty talk against pugs!

Pugs lick themselves...

So does Russ, we all like him still. :D

Like is pushing it...I think you meant tolerate ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Willow wrote: »

Pugs lick themselves...

Nah....if you've ever met Russ, it's impossible to not like the dude.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »

Pugs lick themselves...

True... although we actually always ARE laughing AT him, NOT with him :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Just curious, did my name come up in this abusive attack ? I must admit, I feel a bit left out....alienated. Must be off my game or somethin'.

I never get a chance to use my snarky comments anymore, shucks. :) Jesse and Ivan keep beating me to the punch.

Fear of concrete is keeping you safe....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    I can use Jello, if that makes people feel better. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow

Pugs lick themselves...

Russ knows I have nothing but love for him! I'm pretty much his twice removed Canadian cousin from 3 different marriages where his great grandpa once dated a co-worker who met him at a bus stop....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited September 2019
  • tonyb

Pugs lick themselves...

Russ knows I have nothing but love for him! I'm pretty much his twice removed Canadian cousin from 3 different marriages where his great grandpa once dated a co-worker who met him at a bus stop....

Soo, a bus stop is the anchor to this chain ? You can't write this stuff bro. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow

Pugs lick themselves...

Soo, a bus stop is the anchor to this chain ? You can't write this stuff bro. :)

The secret is out...sorry Russ.
  • nooshinjohn
    Come on Viking... don’t engage with this loser. It is not worth the expense or the potential banning that may come from it. Just because he is more than a few cards short of a full deck does not give any of us an excuse to lower ourselves to his level.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb

Pugs lick themselves...

The secret is out...sorry Russ.

LOL...ol' Russ is once again on the short end of the jokes around here.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    edited September 2019

https://youtu.be/It75wQ0JypA
  • Hope someone can determine the ip of the punk that is stinking up the forum and contact his mommy (as it's obvious his daddy bailed years ago) and ask the poor woman to put this little snaught in a corner for the night and lock his little touchimself pad away for 2 months!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • F1nut n TonyB has my vote. Though I don't chime in much. I've been here long enough to understand that those 2 will make Ken proud.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited September 2019
    Ha...I seem to recall Ken S. installing a 2 strikes and your out rule after much aggravation. I would make it a 2 dead fish rule. You get a dead fish in your mailbox after each offense. :) Somehow, I think that message is fairly universal, no ? :)

You guys really want to open the door to the mob? You'll get PM's asking for protection money. You balk and you get a nasty computer virus, then they'll give you the blue screen of death. And the whole fish in the mailbox thing...I don't want to open up the forum and have my phone smell like dead fish.

Love ya Tony
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I feel you should find someone we know is going to survive for at least the next couple of weeks. Those guys belong in a museum.

:p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    I vote F1Nut
    I've seen all three Godfathers. :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited September 2019
    There should be three POLKATEARS!!! Moderated moderators.....F1 moderated by Tonyb, and Nooshinjohn moderating Tony . : ) Who all three agree to Moderation Law enforcement ..Judges and Jury..
    Three well blended characters with a poopp load of knowledge.
    The Polk Fathers..
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    ptrooper wrote: »
    There should be three POLKATEARS!!! Moderated moderators.....F1 moderated by Tonyb, and Nooshinjohn moderating Tony . : ) Who all three agree to Moderation Law enforcement ..Judges and Jury..
    Three well blended characters with a poopp load of knowledge.
    The Polk Fathers..

Lol. Not a bad idea.

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • nooshinjohn
    dolbyd wrote: »
    With the last couple of days being so bad.

John Wick for moderator

If we are going to do this, I vote Chuck Norris...

42ugkro33l6u.jpg

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2019
    Hello all, after today's attacks we will be having a discussion tomorrow. As most of you know, there has not been a moderator since March when Ken S left and the Forum hasn't burned down. It does not look good for us as a company to have this on our walls, so we will be acting on this.

Also, I will keep this discussion top of mind tomorrow and the days going forward in consideration if we do choose someone from the Forum for moderation.

Thanks Ken! I remember when I first joined, not knowing any of you, including Ken S.

And then my first post was removed! IIRC, it had to do with St. Patrick's day, some limerick I pasted, a key word that rhymed with "snit" :), well that is now history.

And over time, saw folks get put on time out. Not knowing why, but thinking about it, and upon their return was glad they came back!

Other folks, get banned, come and go, some or most of them I was them happy to see their departure.

Oh yeah, duh, there are rules of decorum in any institution. One must abide by those rules, or there will be consequences. And there is Ken S, whom I've reached out to many times, for help, and understanding of those rules.

Over time, I learned about these rules. Both written, and not. Rules of decorum. Yeah at times the banter was hilarious, often edgy, but then poof! The thread was gone! :)

Ken S., IMO, was a great moderator. Love him or not, IMO he was consistent. And impartial. He did not jump into the fray, get into the weeds, or proclaim his disdain toward anyone. If you did not abide by the rules, poof, either the comment or thread was gone. Or you were gone!

Do I know Ken S personally? No. All I know is that he had a great passion, knowledge, and love for all things audio related, and especially Polk! And, he was consistent in enforcing the rules, and impartial. He was/is a gentleman.

That is the kind of person we need.

One the other hand, as was stated, this place, sans moderator, has not burned down. So maybe we need someone just to moderate the incoming threads and have the ability to disable users as the attacks arise. Not sure if you can separate between that and a full fledged moderator, but for the most part we have been self governing, and successful at it.

Just my thoughts.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    the easy answer to at least some of this is implementing the mute
    that exists on some other sites. When you "mute" someone, everything
    disappears. Their stuff never appears at all. No interaction is possible.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • verb
    @la2vegas my man! It looks like your addendum is part of my original comment! Please edit it, to show it as being quoted! Thank you sir! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    la2vegas wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    @la2vegas my man! It looks like your addendum is part of my original comment! Please edit it, to show it as being quoted! Thank you sir! :)

Sorry for soiling your good name Verb! :)

Never my brother! Thank you! :)
  • Perhaps I should “moderate” your forum. Nobody is less forgiving than I am.
  • nooshinjohn
    Russ.... shut UP!

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Russ.... shut UP!

Yeah! Oh, by the way, you better get use to that statement cuz you're going to hear it a lot now that you're getting married.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    lightman1 wrote: »
    dsdxphk1aa2d.gif

Jesse, John and Doc......
    Fear their wrath!

lxdtiiotfh59.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a