iPhone 11 or pro max

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
It's iPhone time again. I took back the iPhone 10 when it came out and went with the 8 plus. I like the bigger screen and the 10 sucked with it's stupid screen size which is smaller then the 8 plus.
The 10 R had a weak camera so I skipped it. BUT the 11 seems like the right choice unless I want to go with the Pro Max. I'm not sure it's worth the difference in cost and was looking for all you Mobile guys to chime in with some opinions.
Thanks guys
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Following
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Huawei recently introduced their Mate 30 Pro, I feel like they have the best camera specification. I am using P20 Pro and I say that this smartphone is really impressive. I used to be an iPhone user but have decided to change a cellular device after the released of Mate 20 last year.
    A web content writer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    So I’ll start with a caveat: I love the iPhone X, and you hate it! So there’s that! 😬

However...

I ordered the 11 Pro because of the camera to replace the significant other’s 7. The X was already a huge leap forward compared to the 7, and I’m also expecting the 11 Pro to be a significant jump in camera quality, even compared with the X.
    • Ultrawide lense as well as telephoto (which the X has already)
    • New night mode (that’s getting rave reviews so far)
    • Auto adjust and other improvements

The offspring will get an 11 because he doesn’t use his phone all that much and the extra size will help for what he does in class with it (it’s his first new phone, and he’s only been using one for a month).

For your case, both the 11 and 11 Pro Max are bigger. The Pro Max is almost an inch bigger, but if you subtract the notch, it’ll be a tad less than an inch (subtracting the notch on the X reduces the diagonal from 5.8 actual to a 5.5” notch free rectangle). The Pro Max, for the same memory capacity, is $100 more than the Pro. Not a huge price to pay for all that screen.

In both cases, you will get the A13 Bionic chip, which is the best performing chip in any phone today.

For the 11, I will get the 128GB version, which is only $50 extra. Total is $750 before tax, which is what we paid for the 128GB iPhone 7 in 2016, so not too shabby at all IMO.

For the 11 Pro, I ordered the 256GB version, which is $150 extra. Total is $1150 before incentives ($350 trade-in of iPhone 7 + 2 years 0% interest payments). We will keep this phone for 3 years (unless something earth shattering happens).

So, if photographic capabilities are important to you, the Pro or Pro Max are worth it IMO, but the 11 is $400 cheaper, and still a very good camera (comparable to the 8 Plus, with some significant improvements).

Also, not sure what your experience was with FaceID, but I much prefer it to TouchID, and having lived with both over an extended period, I would never go back.

nvqkoz3ahib4.jpeg

In terms of battery life, both models are a significant improvement compared to the 8 Plus, up to 30% better for the Pro Max, but ONLY the Pro models include an 18W charger and thunderbolt to lightning cable. This isn’t important to anyone that charges overnight, and it’s not quite as compact as the original design 5W charger, but it’s worth mentioning. It is $30 for the OEM18W charger on its own, and you’ll still need to add $20 for an OEM thunderbolt to lighting cable ($50 in total).

5g4c48b4sjbj.jpeg

In terms of size and weight, the Pro Max and 8 Plus are similar in external dimensions, but the Pro Max is about 10% heavier. It might not seem like much, but it IS noticeable. The 11 is actually slightly smaller than the 8 Plus, and lighter as well. Both size and weight will be influenced by what type of case you like to use (none vs. slim protection vs. rugged maximum protection).

3v0a9b7al79x.jpeg

So in conclusion, I’d suggest that if the additional camera improvements are not important to you, then you can save $400 with the 11, or $350 if you want fast charging.

If the camera improvements are important to you, and you don’t mind paying extra (depends on what promotions your carrier or preferred retailer are offering), then for $350-400 extra, you’ll not only get the better camera, but an even bigger, better screen.
    Alea jacta est!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I'm still rocking my 6+ for personal use! My work phone just got upgraded to an 8. Woo Hoo! Yeah I know.

Following this thread anyways! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited September 2019
    verb wrote: »
    I'm still rocking my 6+ for personal use! My work phone just got upgraded to an 8. Woo Hoo! Yeah I know.

I am also using an iPhone 6S Plus. I do not have personal experience with the new iPhone 11 models but, from what I have read online, the biggest upgrade in the new phone is the camera. If the camera is important to you, that may be reason enough to upgrade now. However, it is not enough for me. If I decide to upgrade at all, I will wait until next year because, according to rumors, next year's iPhone (iPhone 12) will be a major upgrade: new design, 5G, OLED screen, etc. I know these are just rumors, but, in iPhone land, a lot of rumors turn out to be true in my experience.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mrgrtt123 wrote: »
    Huawei recently introduced their Mate 30 Pro, I feel like they have the best camera specification. I am using P20 Pro and I say that this smartphone is really impressive. I used to be an iPhone user but have decided to change a cellular device after the released of Mate 20 last year.

Huawei also embeds spyware into their products... no thanks.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    pglbook wrote: »

I am also using an iPhone 6S Plus. I do not have personal experience with the new iPhone 11 models but, from what I have read online, the biggest upgrade in the new phone is the camera. If the camera is important to you, that may be reason enough to upgrade now. However, it is not enough for me. If I decide to upgrade at all, I will wait until next year because, according to rumors, next year's iPhone (iPhone 12) will be a major upgrade: new design, 5G, OLED screen, etc. I know these are just rumors, but, in iPhone land, a lot of rumors turn out to be true in my experience.

Battery life on the new 8 was a big improvement for me, over the work phone iphone 6 that it replaced. My personal 6+ had an issue with the battery, but apple replaced it for free a few years back.

The Mrs and I used to get new iphones as they became available, for Christmas. Then, I would buy her a new one, and I would get her hand me down. Now, she doesn't even want a new phone anymore. She's rocking an 8+ currently.

Maybe it's time! Wait! Gotta save my pennies for the L800's! ;)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Kex
    I'm still rocking my 6+ for personal use! My work phone just got upgraded to an 8...
    @Verb, I was using a 6 (and a 5C for work) when I upgraded to the X. I thought the 6 worked great (as did the 5C), and I felt no need to upgrade either at the time. What changed my mind was the camera experience below.

We bought a property in late 2017 that we started looking at in early 2016, so over the years I took photos with my Android phone first, and then with the 5C, 6, 7, and X. The 6 (that I inherited from my better half) took much better pictures of the property than the 5C, and the 7 was so much better than either. The X, on the other hand, crushes the photo quality of the 7. When we see those photos in slideshows today, it really stands out how much we lost by upgrading too slowly.

So think of all those pictures you take of vehicles! They will be sooo much better with the 8 than the 6S, but a dual or triple lense iPhone will be an even bigger improvement.

The 2013 5C still worked great in 2019. I mostly used it as a hotspot and I didn’t even bother with the free upgrade available from work three years ago (by then I was mostly using my own phone instead), but yeah... the 6S will still get iOS 13 (available today, but I suggest waiting until next week for iOS 13.1), and you could even have had the battery replaced by Apple for $30 until last December (now $50), but the camera is where you are losing out most IMO... even with the 8.
    Alea jacta est!
  • verb
    Funny just got this email! :)

y00vvoys2tdc.png
    mjv1vxqglw2d.png

• mantis
    I went to best buy to look at them and of course they are sold out of the MAX. After looking them all over the MAX is really the only one that makes any sense for me.
    The Pro sucks IMO the screen is smaller then my 8 plus even though they say it's bigger, no it's not. It's taller and thinner which sucks.
    The 11 is about the same size as the 8 plus but after comparing photos the 8 plus is bigger in the picture display.
    The MAX is where it's at, it's equal to the 8 plus when comparing a photo, when using the phone it's slightly bigger and just about the same width so apps from the 8 plus will look the same.
    Quality of screen the MAX is nicer then the 8 plus . I own the 8 plus and think it's a great phone. I have no issues at all with it. It's been rock solid and the battery lasts about 2 days with my normal use. I damn near can get almost 2 and 1/2 days out of it easy with lighter use. The battery never runs low on my. I charge it over night and it goes all day and into the next night and I usually have at least 50% or more power left. It's pretty damn awesome.
    The MAX camera system is what I really like about the new phones. The speed of the phone my 8 plus is plenty fast and doesn't seem slow to me ever.
    The Notch I hate as I think it sucks and takes away from the overall look of the screen especially if you watch a video, the notch is in the shot and cutting off it's screen area. How stupid is the notch? It's a stupid as the Shifter in my 2017 Durango R/T the stupid knob.
    Well I really like the Green but after a case who really cares what color you have? I plan on another Apple Leather case and that covers up the entire color so it could be any color and it's fine.
    I currently have 256g and plan on sticking with that size.
    Dan
  • BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    Still rockin' the IPhone 6 and will do so until that sucker dies.

I replaced the battery last year which is tedious but not overly difficult and it runs like new.

I just can't fathom paying that much for a telephone....I mean at some point I'll have to I suppose but....

Cheers,

Troy
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sheeeeet Troy, if I had your money I'd throw mine away. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mantis
    BDT wrote: »
    Still rockin' the IPhone 6 and will do so until that sucker dies.

I replaced the battery last year which is tedious but not overly difficult and it runs like new.

I just can't fathom paying that much for a telephone....I mean at some point I'll have to I suppose but....

Cheers,

Troy
    I get that, these thing have really increased in price over the years and upgrading once a year or so is pretty expensive BUT
    these devices are far from just Telephones. If you just step back and go through all these damn things can do now it's totally incredible. They are basically a 1 stop you get so many devices year ago we had to purchase separately. If you where to add up the things you have available to you, you would realize that these things are probably priced correctly.
    Yeah I wish they where cheaper but It's still fun and exciting to get a new one.
    Dan
  • BDT
    I get it Dan....and, hey, what folks spend their cabbage on, if it floats your boat....

That said, I've only had three cell phones in my entire life. A flip phone, an iPhone 4 and a 6. Now, going from a flip to the smart phone....yeah, that was a game changer. All kindsa stuff to waste time on. The 6 did it all a little faster........but I'm not a huge gadget guy so most of the stuff is lost on me. So long as I can talk, text, calendar and a web browser....I can't justify the expense and certainly not every year.

Just my .02. YMMV.

BDt
  • BDT
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sheeeeet Troy, if I had your money I'd throw mine away. :)

SHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAT

:smiley:
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    My wife and I just switched from Iphone 7 to the 11. Went with the 11 instead of the pro b/c of screen size and has same processor.. i really think the biggest differences are just the addition of the telephoto lens and slightly better display. Since I use a micro 4/3ds camera for most of my vacation shooting I felt fine w/o the telephoto lens.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    BDT wrote: »
    I get it Dan....and, hey, what folks spend their cabbage on, if it floats your boat....

That said, I've only had three cell phones in my entire life. A flip phone, an iPhone 4 and a 6. Now, going from a flip to the smart phone....yeah, that was a game changer. All kindsa stuff to waste time on. The 6 did it all a little faster........but I'm not a huge gadget guy so most of the stuff is lost on me. So long as I can talk, text, calendar and a web browser....I can't justify the expense and certainly not every year.

Just my .02. YMMV.

BDt

I am a tech guy and I am rocking a 7 plus and I agree that I can’t justify $400-700 to upgrade a few features that I will actually take advantage of. But yes as Dan says these are pocket computers, far more powerful than the apple we had in the late 80s. I have even taught class from my phone when I forgot my iPad lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    When using the Apple "upgrade" program, it's not a straight swap for the new phone. You have to pay the tax and fees on the new phone which, in and of itself, was about $200 when I went from the 8 Plus to the XR. I'll be hanging on to my current phone for a while now. Most analysts said that the 2020 iPhone will be a bigger upgrade than the current 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max line up.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    In negotiations with the Mrs on her Christmas present! My personal phone is a 6 plus, which means I'll be getting her 8 plus hand me down! :)
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    I pre ordered the 11 Pro Max, should be in next week.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Kex
    edited September 2019
    It may seem unreasonable to invest in a new $700-1000+ phone, but I would strongly advise anyone with a 6 or 7 to upgrade, unless photos are not at all important to them. I disagree with the analysis that next year’s phone is worth the wait. This year’s cameras are exceptional, and 5G is probably overhyped. The 2019 iPhone camera will be far more useful in real terms than the potential for any 2020 5G capable iPhone for the next couple of years. Current 5G standards are not fully in place, and today’s “first adopter” 5G phones could be outdated within 12-24 months (not to mention the additional charges that may be levied for using 5G anyway).

If budgetary concerns are a limiting factor, the iPhone 8 is $450 from Apple (and should be closer to $350 refurbished before long, but availability varies frequently, sometimes by the hour).

For those who think iPhone prices are unreasonable, the Motorola Razr in 2004 was $600 and didn’t do anything much other than make calls and send SMS messages. The average price for a new car between 2004 and 2018 has evolved from about 25K to over 35K.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I feel like the Pixel phones really made Apple step up their camera game.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Kex
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I feel like the Pixel phones really made Apple step up their camera game.
    Possibly true, although they have always been among the best. The biggest influence of Pixel phones, going by reviews anyway, might be the addition of a class leading night mode, but we’ll have to wait for the reviews to see how well they really perform.
    Alea jacta est!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Anyone buying a phone for its “exceptional” camera’s really need to try out camera’s. With each iteration of phones, regardless Samsung or Apple, talk is all the same. I personally found the camera’s sorely lacking in practically every aspect.

If the selling point of a smart phone is really dependent on the marketing of the camera, I guess it has worked for the masses.

They don’t know a dang thing about photography.

My iPhone X camera sucks. Even when new and before all the later gens. I found my Samsung S6 Edge took better pictures.

Just my opinion.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    It's less about how good the pictures are in the grand scheme of photography and more about how good they are with a tiny sensor that's always in your pocket and ready to go.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Kex
    I understand your point @halen, and ten years ago I would have considered myself a photographic traditionalist, preferring slide photography to digital.

I no longer have an SLR, but I do have a recent Canon Powershot digital camera. I consider it much better than the iPhone X for zoom photography beyond X4, but it is not better than the X on X2 zoom or lower, and the iPhone clearly has more sophisticated color & light processing at those closer zoom levels, and also better vibration compensation (unsteady hand). The X can definitely outperform the Canon, and conversely, the Canon will definitely outperform the X by a significant margin at X4 zoom and beyond, especially when there is time to prepare the shot properly. The optical zoom of phones is still limited, so I don’t even bother using higher zoom levels on my phone.

The thing is, as @Nightfall suggests, I have to plan ahead to bring the Canon with me. It is much more bulky than the iPhone, more cumbersome to use, whereas the iPhone is always in my pocket. My expectations are that the new 11 Pro is so much better still than the X or XS. I will have ten or twenty times more good photos to share with my iPhone that I will ever have if I relied mostly on the Canon.

The other aspect is that my photos from my iPhone are almost instantly shared with my iPad and my Mac, and I can share them immediately with anyone else in my contact list. That takes a lot more work with the Canon. It’s not nearly as effortless.

P.S. I don’t think you will find many experts who will agree that the S6 is better than the X for photography.
    Alea jacta est!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited September 2019
    All good my man. I use first hand experience versus hear say. Maybe a couple years ago I was younger and hands were much steadier. Who knows.

What I do know. Any camera shot outside is inconsequential. It is under NOT ideal scenarios.... that is when you find the huge difference.

I used my phones a metric ton to shoot pictures. Try capturing the “kodac” moment with toddlers and infants... indoors.... with your phone.

I found my X did not perform very well compared to my S6. That is a fact. Or somehow I bought a second quality knockoff somehow. From one of the main carriers.

Back to the 11. Yes. Starting price is less. Great.

Innovation died with Steve Jobs.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Well, what is your point?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mantis
    I picked up a 256g iPhone 11 Pro Max in Silver today. First impressions is it's really nice but I still have a soft spot for my iPhone 256g 8 Plus.
    We all know the awesome things about this new model so I'll just share my thoughts so far.
    The claim with the screen being so much better I don't think it's a good as it's cranked up to be. Yes it's a tiny bit sharper and the blacks are deeper but compared to the iPhone 8 plus is very small improvement. I still don't like the notch but since it's larger and they do an ok job around it it doesn't bother me like it did when I got the X and then returned it. It's still slightly slimmer then the 8 plus as my wallpaper gets cut off on the sides as it fit perfectly on the 8 plus. I really wish apple would have kept the width and just made it taller but NO they didn't.
    Everything else I like a lot about the phone. I upgraded to 13.1 IOS and did a restore from my 8 plus backup. I use my MacBook Pro as my backup and connect hard wired to it. Yes I'm old fashion when it comes to this as most people will use iCloud. I'm strongly considering doing that as then maybe I can just get it all done at the store and not have to come home and do it all myself.
    I think the face ID think is fine. I don't find it any quicker or better then the finger reader. I actually like the finger reader and think it's fine. I actually think that was faster. I would pick up my phone press the button and away I go. With Face ID you still have to swap up to open the phone. I think that's stupid, your face unlocks it but doesn't go to the home screen. I stared at the phone the first few times expecting it to just open and it doesn't , you still have to touch it unless I'm doing something wrong or set it up wrong. Any face ID owners want to chime in?
    Anyway all the new jesters I'm gonna have to get use to . I had the 8 plus for 2 years and it was second nature to use it fully. Now I feel I have to relearn things, not everything but enough where I'm gonna have to spend some time getting use to the new ways.
    The Battery life display is annoying. It doesn't show percentage anymore on the home screen , you have to open control center to know your percentage. That I hate as that is the first thing I would set up on all my previous phones and like that much better then a battery picture. Stupid **** like that pisses me off. Apple in the past didn't take things away, now they do and I don't care for that one.
    As noted about the cameras which you can go on YouTube and watch tons of videos on how good they are which I'll also say they are wonderful. I haven't gone crazy taking videos and pictures yet but I tried out nightmode and that is a HUGE improvement over the 8 plus.
    Dan
  • hello guys,

I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your article , you are doing a great job . Keep it up

thanks and regards