Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

15678911»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Fantastic amplifier being used in this room! How'd it sound?

f12w8exw9aqx.jpg

I have heard these speakers 3 years in a row now and all 3 years have been different amps.
    Long story short, they have sounded amazing all 3 years.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Mike Lundy makes all his speaker based on Danny Richie's design (GR Research) and his wood working is stellar!! serious talent there!

A really great person to get to know. he on Audio circle as is Danny...I talk to Danny for the 1st time and had a blast chatting with him this year at LSAF!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    nice review. congrats Skip
  • voltz
    Eric who did the review is a great person to talk about audio with, he is smart and knows his stuff and does a lot of shows and reviews and has heard a lot of gear.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Another glowing review . . . Congrats, Skip!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • voltz
    edited May 2019
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Another glowing review . . . Congrats, Skip!

you make your own bed and then you have to sleep in it! WTG SKIP!!!!

Yes , I am very bias...trust my opinion our not! it is all I can offer you!

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Joshua's system is now installed in the new owner's home...

64512212_2404599686441492_7650548287140790272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeEkJSyOtdSULrKsSCwkQqXu18Nvg80tXFvCr-ZgfxvmDGMSYKRlGEFS1cFdSgBMH1TGaIQwtPtUbOdKtBpkdIr1juenrYjP9soeQ-QcwYW-4w&_nc_oc=AQl-tUSny6JdMGSa-BpbmFJAbLQ1rO_VPvhRbsofuRmGsNdLS5LAtwsLSLiLLdBsDMQ&_nc_ht=scontent.frkh1-1.fna&oh=c403f6d752656f1e32f492c016eb9e22&oe=5DBF73AE

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    That custom center he built is beautiful

Nearly 500lbs
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Tell me about it. I still have a scar from helping him disassemble it! Even just one shelf is heavy as hell. The guy is a master at wood. (get your mind out of the gutter, perverts)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited June 2019
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I still have a scar from helping him disassemble it! Even just one shelf is heavy as hell. The guy is a master at wood. (get your mind out of the gutter, perverts)

Tom

And you were handling it eh :wink:

I love seeing his woodworking pictures on FB!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    Agreed. He has somehow mastered the art of making wood look like the grain is literally 3" thick and 3D, with colored epoxy to boot! His paddle boards are flat out awesome. He definitely has talent!

Tom
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Tom, where is he on FB ? Throw me a link.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    Sent.

Tom
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    That Blood Bubinga is frickin' gorgeous.

crivymj7iikf.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Great show report of this year's Lone Star here, including detailed coverage of Skip's rooms: https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/lone-star-audio-fest-2019/

I liked this part in particular about the Sonner/Audio Thesis room:

"The Sonner Allegro Unum with Norma IPA-140B system assembled by Surya and Skipworth was an exemplar of minimalism applied to high end Hi-Fi. The sound we usually associate with racks of boxes and big towers or columns all from just three sleek boxes. There was also a synergy or rightness to the sound I am not adequately describing. Very memorable, well worth seeking out."
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    ERMAGERD!!! ERM FERMUS!!!!
    Runs with Scissors
    230-Runs-With-Scissors-5.jpg
    The low cost fun grassroots nature of LSAF allows individual enthusiasts who want to show up for the comradery and good time's easy entry. This gentleman's LSAF weekend home base was setup with a well curated system, relaxing lighting, and a play list to my liking. Silverline Audio Sonatina Speakers, VTL tube amps, Rotel preamp and North Star Designs DAC. Nothing for sale, just present to enjoy the people, music, and equipment.
    230-Runs-With-Scissors-2.jpg

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2019
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    ERMAGERD!!! ERM FERMUS!!!!

Yes. That is nice gear, but are you sure about that?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.