Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    Thanks bro'!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,496
    voltz wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    If you get a chance look me up I looking forward still to meeting you!

Hey bro,
    What time will you be in on Thurs
    May come see u

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,494
    Tom, I am driving down and bringing gear with me along with my LSAF virgin buddy, Joel.

I warned him about you and your propensity to fall asleep naked in random spots around the hotel.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Cool, he can take the photos this year, since Tony chickened out for the job. We will break him in real quick like..

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 4,105
    Don't think we have to worry about snow this weekend :D
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,308
    I plan to get there around 11:00 Friday morning and stay until sometime Friday night. I was hoping to be able to stay the night and spend Saturday as well, but it wasn't in the cards.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,800
    edited May 2019
    Does anyone know how much it costs to have a hotel room to exhibit at at Lone Star? Just curious.

Edit: I see that it's just whatever a typical hotel room costs per night. Interesting.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it costs to have a hotel room to exhibit at at Lone Star? Just curious.

Edit: I see that it's just whatever a typical hotel room costs per night. Interesting.

that's why some people bring their own system just to be a part of the scene.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Clipdat wrote: »

Yeah...and the second floor is entirely set aside for exhibitors. While there is overflow on the third floor and some exhibitors grab conference rooms on the lobby level.
    But ask Skip how those big concrete boxes work for showing off your wares. ;)

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,463
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Cool, he can take the photos this year, since Tony chickened out for the job. We will break him in real quick like..

Tom

I'm not sure "chickened out" is the right term...the man is in intense therapy after what he witnessed last year. Scarred for life!
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,423
    I should be in around 2-3 pm Thursday afternoon, I talked to Ron on the phone and he well be up Thursday night for awhile as will Marvin.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure "chickened out" is the right term...the man is in intense therapy after what he witnessed last year. Scarred for life!

Shoot, let's be real...he fell in love. You saw him showing off the photos, right? And he refuses to delete them.

Tom

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,916
    treitz3 wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Shoot, let's be real...he fell in love. You saw him showing off the photos, right? And he refuses to delete them.

Tom

We ALL saw them Tom.... and I must say I bet you look mighty fine in a pair of skinny jeans and flip-flops.

Porsche Boxter or a Miata would just put you over the top! :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Suddenly my skinny man jeggings and flip flops don’t seem like such a great idea...

Just finished lunch in Joplin. Grabbing gas and then back in the road.

heading out to beat traffic, will stop for lunch.
    Made it. Grabbing food and then setting up.

I'd rather be there than sitting here at work. Enjoy.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,308
    I should be there in about 12 hours. Take my son to school at 8, 2 hour drive, stop off at Total Wine & Spirits...

Looking forward to a great Friday.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    What set up are you showing?
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,541
    DSkip wrote: »
    My sound is completely trumping what I had at axpona. You boys are in for a treat.

If that room is sounding better, I do not think "treat" is the proper word. You had an incredible sounding room at AXPONA.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,800
    DSkip wrote: »
    My sound is completely trumping what I had at axpona. You boys are in for a treat.

You finally made the switch to Monoprice XLRs?
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,736
    Day 1.... I'm still alive....
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 17,150
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Only because you’ve not spent a night there yet :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pglbookpglbook Posts: 1,898
    edited May 2019
    Very nice! It looks like it will be a great time. I wish I could be there to meet everyone and hear all of the systems, but it is just a little too far from upstate NY (btw, are there any Audio Fests in NY?). Have a great weekend at LSAF, Polkies!

You call THAT a life?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,736

You call THAT a life?

It's the one that I must live....

You call THAT a life?

But what about the poor goats?

• dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,125

You call THAT a life?

But what about the poor goats?

irl5fjfaw9ze.jpg
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009-B&W Cdm1nt, Cdm Center Channel
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino