Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

Comments

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 4,105
    and
    au4myfgt0j6k.jpg
    bv1ul96oytd3.jpg
    tnu7melxr8nr.jpg
    vmd4kxv4bxkg.jpg

Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    and
    zud15jq8wmao.jpg
    7j7ai577hziu.jpg
    znq7yau65c9y.jpg
    e6nf3a9pky99.jpg

Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2, Gabriel Gold Reckoning
    and
    obpt8tltvkj3.jpg
    j8qe3sutdwny.jpg
    ekywtz2uwovh.jpg
    nqosi2feaezu.jpg

and
    7fik98s9l3z5.jpg
    sogzkgtm0ukz.jpg
    3wy9w4h4pgwf.jpg
    djoznduxdx9g.jpg

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,617
    I just now realized, Josh never did play his TT when I was in there. He always used the big boy off to the right....which sounded really, really good.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 784
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I just now realized, Josh never did play his TT when I was in there. He always used the big boy off to the right....which sounded really, really good.

Tom
    I didn't see him use his own table either, but I did talk to him briefly about it. He said they wanted to show it off, but he liked that Kodo so much he just couldn't stop spinning it.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
    and
    jnwu272jzzhl.jpg
    d7q6rhia6oh8.jpg
    v42u6pbewapp.jpg
    7xl8h6xbeeug.jpg

and
    h4mg4ynuw5gy.jpg
    kvipset53ukl.jpg
    epcd3tgvmdme.jpg
    fgl6w65rvpcs.jpg

and
    gtdoykjuqvlt.jpg
    zze43g87afq4.jpg
    9bqq52dmq1tq.jpg
    f2zfacsd3r3p.jpg

treitz3 wrote: »

Tom
    I didn't see him use his own table either, but I did talk to him briefly about it. He said they wanted to show it off, but he liked that Kodo so much he just couldn't stop spinning it.

100 :'( lb $65,000 table
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 784
    I know, that thing was insane. Hard to believe that his speakers were probably the most affordable piece of gear in use.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,423
    Marvin telling stories again! w5w1fw8zsz2b.jpg

the dude in the black shirt saw I had a Omega Subwoofer and reconized it instanly as he has Omega speakers also, we got to talking and they chatted we me & Marvin for almost a hour!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    My favorite part of the show is when Danny reach out to skip and they some time in each others room chatting a swapping out gear and they to the pleasure of us there, they went to Danny's room and they hooked up the Norma gear to his speakers...

Me & Barry got the front rows seats. I told Barry they should have charged us to sit here as I would have payed a lot for those seats :p
    qyn1edl4cxaz.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

I never thought to take pics while hanging out with Skip and Gunny as they have become a common site to me I forgot others may have enjoy seeing some pics of them too. Helping sit up their rooms and taking them down and my room was between them this year so they like old furniture I see all the time! as we got to hang out as we went back and forth from the 3 rooms!

Andy who went from room to room doing reviews told me he like my setup better this year then last year!

I wish I had ask him if it was because:
    (A) Last year I used Modwright gear and this year I used the Norma Gear?

(B) Last year I used Acoustic Zen cables and this year it was all Wireworld?

(C) Last Year I had the bigger Usher Mini X's and this year I had the Smaller Usher SD-500 I think?

or (D) Last year I setup my room and this year Skip set it up for me?

Skip will appreciate this ;)

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,913
    voltz wrote: »

the dude in the black shirt saw I had a Omega Subwoofer and reconized it instanly as he has Omega speakers also, we got to talking and they chatted we me & Marvin for almost a hour!

The shadow behind Marvin... that's not Russ tryin' to sneak in from behind, is it?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,735

The shadow behind Marvin... that's not Russ tryin' to sneak in from behind, is it?

Dude is quick for an old man! Mission failed!
    edited May 2019
    marvda1 wrote: »
    too many beers. i don't remember this. :D

What else don't you remember?? >:)

My only regret for the show is I didn't spend enough time in Ryan's room. I spent only a little bit when I had something I remembered I had to do and left to early then was jelly brained for awhile when he went back to his room to finish Pink Floyd's wish you were here! and I didn't follow...some things will haunt you for a long time!

The talk is LSAF maybe in June next year...I saw Berry in the Computer room so I snuck in and called him a Hacker!! and I'd see him in next month in June :p He was like ohh how i wish LOL me too as a year is a long time to see old friends!
    Post edited by voltz on

• Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,981
    edited May 2019
    I would've liked to set in this room for a bit, amount the many others. I have a ModWright LS 100 Preamp and thinking about the KWA 100SE Amplifier to accompany it, driving a nice pair of Bookies.

I would imagine the Ushers were very good with this set-up.

cs8zk62q6e6u.jpg

SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
    the mods were not hooked up.

WTH ;)

WTH ;)

just the little norma integrated.
    I use the Modwrights at home with some Rosso's Fiesole & before that I powered the Usher Mini X's with them, I got the preamp from Ron and I found the amp at "THe Music Room" for $2600 list new at $5200.

We ran Norma gear in all 3 of Skips room it power the usher in my room and Sonner Audios speakers and the Fiesole in his room!

edited May 2019
    I use the Modwrights at home with some Rosso's Fiesole & before that I powered the Usher Mini X's with them, I got the preamp from Ron and I found the amp at "THe Music Room" for $2600 list new at $5200.

We ran Norma gear in all 3 of Skips room it power the usher in my room and Sonner Audios speakers and the Fiesole in his room!

How did the Ushers sound with the ModWright combo?

How do you like the KWA 100 ???

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,401
    Were you all using IPA 140? or 70?
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse RCA, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R,Wireworld Silver Eclipse SC, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Aries Mini, W4S recovery, LKS MH-da004,

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11.