New TOOL

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Off today, on the office rig enjoying my coffee! :)
    9iav2mf01lcc.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    The end half of Invisible is heavier than elephant balls.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    How does everyone feel about the packaging? Does it have a wow factor, or more of a gimmick factor?
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Package delivered at 11:49 CT. Just about 10 minutes after I left to go to PT. Derp.

Well, I know what I’m doing when I get home :D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Pretty decent sized tour announced. I wonder what the pre-sale situation is like for the Tool Army. Could be worth the $50 to join if it guarantees a good seat. I'd imagine these shows will sell out pretty quickly, even though it's mostly large arenas.

I'm waiting until this evening to pop the Fear Inoculum cherry. Still haven't heard a second of it, I can't wait to blast the CD tonight once I'm in the right state of mind!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    How does everyone feel about the packaging? Does it have a wow factor, or more of a gimmick factor?

I'll admit, the screen and speaker is a little 'gimmicky', but it's pretty cool that technology has come so far to allow an HD screen and speaker to play a video automatically included with the CD for such a reasonable price.

Kind of reminds me of the Pink Floyd Pulse packaging back in the 90s. It had a flashing LED light and a battery. That CD flashed on my CD rack for a good 3 years!

t06pvln37ira.jpeg
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Downloaded from HDTracks at 24/96. They had it for 20% off, so it was around $14. Since Friday is a beer and music night I will listen to it tonight. The stereo is turned on and warming up.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    halo wrote: »
    Package delivered at 11:49 CT. Just about 10 minutes after I left to go to PT. Derp.

Well, I know what I’m doing when I get home :D

You beat me anyways! Later USPS delivery here. You dog! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Ok had to move on down to the big rig! :)
    hlhrhv45psp3.jpeg
    ehnwx8zk6tea.jpeg
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2019
    So I clearly have a case of a misprinted one, you can see the difference on the sides and face, the one with the silver lines is the one I picked up from the record store this morning, the other is the pre order from amazon..Seems the gloss print and silver lines were missed, I haven’t opened the one I deem a misprint . 07bqyw4qq8eo.jpeg
    1rph8l18v89n.jpeg
    u8g9qcz7f1eg.jpeg
    zqjj52gwacar.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    FYI and FWIW, NPR's All Things Considered gave it a positive review. B)
    https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/756034638/music-review-tools-fear-inoculum-album
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    So I clearly have a case of a misprinted one, you can see the difference on the sides and face, the one with the silver lines is the one I picked up from the record store this morning, the other is the pre order from amazon..Seems the gloss print and silver lines were missed, I haven’t opened the one I deem a misprint ...

Misprint or bootleg? :/

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    So I clearly have a case of a misprinted one, you can see the difference on the sides and face, the one with the silver lines is the one I picked up from the record store this morning, the other is the pre order from amazon..Seems the gloss print and silver lines were missed, I haven’t opened the one I deem a misprint . 07bqyw4qq8eo.jpeg
    1rph8l18v89n.jpeg
    u8g9qcz7f1eg.jpeg
    zqjj52gwacar.jpeg

Larry,

I just noticed one of the four that I got is like that. Both purchased from Walmart, so I highly doubt one is a bootleg. I wonder if some are slightly different... upon a closer look, there are very faint lines. So I wonder if it’s just a different design?

lwcv2ghm0jnm.jpeg
    3nbftuqz9fq8.jpeg
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2019
    I knew I wouldn’t be the only one, a bootleg would be difficult to pull off on this package so soon IMO, with the HD screen and all..
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I knew I wouldn’t be the only one, a bootleg would be difficult to pull off on this package so soon IMO, with the HD screen and all..

Depends on where the authentic ones were produced (and/or by whom), don't you think?

:*

In seriousness, the differences may just be lot-to-lot variation, although there's certainly a history in the LP era of misprints and other interesting variants. :|

• halo
    edited August 2019
    9gcgxuvhaiot.jpeg

HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    Boy, am I glad I hung on to that “outdated” Pioneer Elite CD/DVD/SACD player!
    h97fljag51mf.jpeg
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    How do you like the KEF's vs the Dynaudio's?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Mine is just black on the sides. Ultra limited indie store custom US version obliviously. Bids can start at $250 :p
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Might just be two different factory's producing them.

Only 2 came to my town and a few "Tools" stood outside for several hours waiting for the Target to open. I was told it was a mad dash to the endcap to grab them this morning at 8A.M. lol 😂
    Target told me there will be more next week. No biggie. Maybe I'll wait for a black Friday deal :D
  • Toolfan66
    The symbol on the backs are different as well, not sure why that didn’t catch my eye but the sides did, LOL!!
  • halo
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How do you like the KEF's vs the Dynaudio's?

I love these KEF Q150’s. No contest against the Dyns but, I didn’t own Dyns when I lived here. So, the KEFs may be very well suited to the room’s acoustics, more so than the Dyns were suited to my previous apartment’s acoustics. The Dyns were never lacking but the KEFs just amaze me.

I hope that helps.
  • Toolfan66
    Here is a different variant I found on eBay..

j5hn84ldu0xk.jpeg
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2019
    Would be cool if there were 7 different variants like Led Zeppelin’s In Through The Outdoor... The number 7 seems to run in the CD..

Edit: There were 6 variations of Led Zeppelin In Though The Outdoor.. Thought I was on to something.. LOL!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Glad I just downloaded the high-res files. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Would be cool if there were 7 different variants like Led Zeppelin’s In Through The Outdoor... The number 7 seems to run in the CD..

Edit: There were 6 variations of Led Zeppelin In Though The Outdoor.. Thought I was on to something.. LOL!!

As I was reading your posts with the different images on the back, the first thing I thought of was "In Through the Out Door". :p
  • verb
    Interesting that there seems to be different variants. Really good marketing play, IMO, as folks (I myself included) will seek them out to get the whole collection. Sigh! :)
  • verb
    Just got mine. My son And I opened it together. Both got a big kick out of the video screen! Super cool! :)
    h3ewub24hcgq.jpeg