Best jumper upgrades for LSiMs?

Hi guys.

Just wondering what the best upgrade choices would be to upgrade the jumpers on the stock LSiMs?

Are there are any affordable options that would produce a noticeable improvement in sound quality?

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    use the same cables as your speaker cables.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    MIT Shotgun jumpers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Here are two (8 inch or 16 inch) reasonable options from Zu Audio that usually sell for about $30-40 at auction end. I put them on two different Paradigm sets. One set was Studio 60; one set Monitor 7. Better than the straps. They are well made.

7sxizaz3krxk.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zu-Audio-IBIS-8in-20cm-Hi-Fi-Speaker-Jumper-Sets-Junk-Those-Brass-Straps/133131595663?hash=item1eff42ef8f:g:0NoAAOSwvt1WQ8EC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zu-Audio-IBIS-16in-40cm-Hi-Fi-Speaker-Jumper-Sets-Junk-Those-Brass-Straps/133124661766?hash=item1efed92206:g:0NoAAOSwvt1WQ8EC
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited August 2019
    I have a set of Zu jumpers I can let go of. I also bought them from their eBay auction for 35.00 plus shipping. Only reason i removed them was i went to all DH labs 14ga. silver clad OCC copper internally so i bought a 12ga set of the same for my binding post.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    The best connection by far, is to simply Eliminate the dual binding post option, and combine the internal crossover connections to ONE specific pair of posts and use ONLY that post.

Eliminates any connection issues, and is not only the best way to do it for lack of connection issues, but is free.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Not to dispute the assertion that it's the best way, but I would hardly call it free, especially if one has to de-solder the connections and reconnect them to one set of posts. It also involves taking the binding post plates out, and there may be lots of folks who are not comfortable taking a screwdriver to their speakers.

I eliminated the jumper issue by just buying a set of bi-wire speaker cables. Done.
    Yes, I know I wasted my money doing that, good thing I am not poor and destitute yet... ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I have a set of Zu jumpers I can let go of. I also bought them from their eBay auction for 35.00 plus shipping. Only reason i removed them was i went to all DH labs 14ga. silver clad OCC copper internally so i bought a 12ga set of the same for my binding post.

For the record these have been sold.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    Bi-wire?
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Bi-wire?
    If this is directed at my post, that's what I thought they were called?

Banana plugs into the amp (1 red & 1 black), spade terminals at the speaker end (2 red & 2 black). If that's not the correct terminology, I'm all for additional education. :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited October 2019
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Not to dispute the assertion that it's the best way, but I would hardly call it free, especially if one has to de-solder the connections and reconnect them to one set of posts. It also involves taking the binding post plates out, and there may be lots of folks who are not comfortable taking a screwdriver to their speakers.

I eliminated the jumper issue by just buying a set of bi-wire speaker cables. Done.
    Yes, I know I wasted my money doing that, good thing I am not poor and destitute yet... ;)

I agree! Not totally free (my way) and your way may be better at a slight cost!
    You have half the resistance (with double wires) and do not have to mess around with anything technical.
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    I picked up some Zu Audio jumpers a while back for my LSi15's. They seem very well made and very robust. I can't swear that they made a lot of difference in sound but it couldn't hurt.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zu-Audio-IBIS-16in-40cm-Hi-Fi-Speaker-Jumper-Sets-Junk-Those-Brass-Straps/113924615641?hash=item1a866fadd9:g:0NoAAOSwvt1WQ8EC
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601