• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Me too. 4p3fbi3zoy64.jpeg

Titties and beer not found. :|
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Options
    As long as bad driving habits don’t come with the car. I swear here in SoCal every time someone cuts me off or pulls a jackass maneuver they are in a Prius.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Or a BMW.... and they either drive like their about to lose bladder control or they forgot where the accelerator pedal is located because they are too busy looking at their dash telling them how well they are driving so they can save the planet....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rburgess714
    Options
    Or a BMW.... and they either drive like their about to lose bladder control or they forgot where the accelerator pedal is located because they are too busy looking at their dash telling them how well they are driving so they can save the planet....

Agreed that’s good, I drive roughly 20K a year around here and I have seriously eyeballed empty water bottles in my car thinking of repurposing them while stuck in traffic.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,047
    Options

Audis are the worst in Northern New England IME/IMO. Something about Audi drivers, at least up here.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    You can still haul a decent amount of gear in that environmentally concious vehicle, just have to be creative.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    It has quite a bit of speaker hauling space.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    I sold some BA 400s to a guy was roadtripping picking up various gear. He already had some WD 70s in the back and a big McIntosh amp. He managed to fit the BA400s in as well. It was packed, but he still had a little room left over.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I think we should band together, take up a collection and get Russ & his blushing bride one of these as a wedding gift.
    https://electrek.co/2019/07/03/tesla-pickup-truck-overtakes-ford-f150-talked-about/

It'll tow 300,000 lbs, too.

r5lbxy6ibig5.png
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    I guess sooner or later you can convince yourself that driving a Prius is something not to be ashamed. Nobody else of course, but your happiness is paramount.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I guess sooner or later you can convince yourself that driving a Prius is something not to be ashamed. Nobody else of course, but your happiness is paramount.
    Why would people buy cars they're ashamed of?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder that pretty much every time I see an FCA product on the road.

B)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    What is FCA?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B)
    Oh, plenty of cars I'd be ashamed to drive, but I assume no one buys a car they're ashamed of... I guess. I mean, I once owned 3 consecutive Mitsubishi's over a 13 year span. Not proud, but not ashamed, either!

Btw, my personal preference in hybrid is the Ford Fusion. My wife and I each drive one. Comfortable ride, and we certainly don't mind stopping for 12 gallons of gas every 600 miles or so... B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    What is FCA?

effin crap automobli, AKA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Thanks.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Chrysler had so much potential too! Great styling on most of their vehicles!!

I liked the Crossfire style a lot but Con. Rep. Mag. said the ride was horrendous. :#

And those mini-vans or just vans. The "Town and Country's" were fantastic! I loved their ride!

But the reliability sucked after 5 years I think.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    As long as bad driving habits don’t come with the car. I swear here in SoCal every time someone cuts me off or pulls a jackass maneuver they are in a Prius.

And there is always one on the 5 going 60 in the #2 lane. I thinks someone is paying them to do it between Oceanside and San Clemente
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options

It's not really about "saving the planet," John. The planet is going to be just fine, no matter what people do or don't do to be environmentally conscious. It's more about human beings being able to inhabit the planet in the future if steps aren't taken to make the air breathable, water potable, and growing enough food to meet the needs of the ever-expanding population numbers.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B)
    Oh, plenty of cars I'd be ashamed to drive, but I assume no one buys a car they're ashamed of... I guess. I mean, I once owned 3 consecutive Mitsubishi's over a 13 year span. Not proud, but not ashamed, either!

Btw, my personal preference in hybrid is the Ford Fusion. My wife and I each drive one. Comfortable ride, and we certainly don't mind stopping for 12 gallons of gas every 600 miles or so... B)

Our daughter's father-in-law had a Fusion Hybrid for a few years -- it had weird, and scary, braking system issues a couple of times. Ford fiddled and futzed with it, couldn't ever figure it out, so he threw in the towel on it... and got a Chevy Volt. Electric Blue; nice lookin' car. It's had myriad problems in a pretty short span of time (couple of years now, I guess) but, fortunately all fairly minor. Lots of trips back to the dealer, though. Lots.

Back to @mdaudioguy -- there've been numerous pretty darned cool Mitsubishi products.

cxexa1i4ve9r.png
    (borrowed image, of course)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What is FCA?

Sad but true. I've been a die-hard Mopar fan since the 60's but what Fiat did to the Jeep styling is a crime. Only reason they still make the Wrangler is because of all the death threats...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    What is FCA?

Sad but true. I've been a die-hard Mopar fan since the 60's but what Fiat did to the Jeep styling is a crime. Only reason they still make the Wrangler is because of all the death threats...

Totally agree...I mean look at this hunk of ****...
    37htztx2hcsb.jpeg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rburgess714
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »

And there is always one on the 5 going 60 in the #2 lane. I thinks someone is paying them to do it between Oceanside and San Clemente

Yeah you know it, it blows my mind. That’s the one stretch of the 5 that between 10 and 2 I expect to cruise at 80.
    Living Room

Office

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Totally agree...I mean look at this hunk of ****...
    37htztx2hcsb.jpeg

Wait, isn't that your hunk of ****???
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Speaking of Mitsubishi....My in-laws decided it was time to let go of their 2002 Eclipse GS...….with a whopping 74k on the clock. Not a fan of the brand, but hey, as a second car to tool around town in, what else you gonna get for 2k.

They literally used it to go to the store on weekends, hence the low miles, plus with my father in-laws health issues they only needed one car anyway. It just sat in the garage most it's life. What kills me is, even with the low miles, they've had to get a new fuel tank and lines, brakes and rotors done 3 times, timing chain at 60k, and they just did the front wheel bearings and a tune up. No rust on the car though, so that's a plus. My Lexus at twice the mileage hasn't had diddly squat except brakes and rotors. They paid 21k for the eclipse in 2002, I paid 26k for the Lexus as a CPO.....10 years later.

I forgot what it's like sitting so close to the ground in a car, coming from an SUV. Takes a bit of adjustment again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audioluvr
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Totally agree...
    I mean look at this hunk of ****...
    37htztx2hcsb.jpeg

Funny. I wasn't referring to the top, top, top of the line GC they are still pretty nice.

This is what I was referring to:

dn53yd8k0gxa.jpg

Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Just breaking balls. The Compass, Renegade and Cherokee are all modified Fiat platforms.

I do wish they would bring back a 7 passenger Grand Wagoneer type vehicle. They already have one for the Chinese market based on the longer Durango wheelbase platform but no big V8 option.

I would love to trade my current Summit in on a Trackhawk but my wife already is annoyed by the 18-29mpg we currently get with the “baby” Hemi.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Smart woman. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    but my wife already is annoyed by the 18-29mpg we currently get with the “baby” Hemi.

Jeez Ryan, that's great fuel economy. Are you sure that's what what she's annoyed with???
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• mdaudioguy
    Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B)

Back to @mdaudioguy -- there've been numerous pretty darned cool Mitsubishi products.

cxexa1i4ve9r.png
    (borrowed image, of course)
    A 3000GT was always one of my dream cars. Closest I got was this.
    m9zwwva19vo2.jpg
    (not a borrowed image)