• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    edited July 2019
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

A 3000GT was always one of my dream cars. Closest I got was this.
    m9zwwva19vo2.jpg
    (not a borrowed image)

Here's your chance to get one that will be worth big money someday...
    https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/55124413

d13tgtugzvcz.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    edited July 2019
    Options
    [/quote]
    Why would people buy cars they're ashamed of?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

I had an ugly, beat up looking 78 Dodge pickup with a loud muffler that served me well as a work truck for years. But my high school age girls were ashamed to be seen in it. Whenever they "missed" the bus I would take them to school in that old Dodge right up to the front entrance. Somehow this stopped the problem of the missed buses like magic.

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options

¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

Years ago worked with a guy who showed up at work driving a camaro. Said the wife decided they had enough money put back to get a new car, and he could pick it.

Less than a month later, he showed up in a rag top Geo Metro. It all of a sudden was a little to small to take the kids to school and various activities. He said the worse part was people pointing and laughing when he was stopped at a red light.

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

I had an ugly, beat up looking 78 Dodge pickup with a loud muffler that served me well as a work truck for years. But my high school age girls were ashamed to be seen in it. Whenever they "missed" the bus I would take them to school in that old Dodge right up to the front entrance. Somehow this stopped the problem of the missed buses like magic.

[/quote]

Had one of those that I built a custom 440 for. During the local "Hot Neon Nights" car cruise we would do burnouts and get lots of cheers from the spectators. The kids LOVED riding in it then!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Hello Lasareath light.....

mwd232l9m9q6.jpg

He approves of this post....

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Someone should have asked him to take a few steps back for sake of a better picture...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    That poor car! :)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ask me about my electric car...

He should have stuck with the stride bike instead of the leaf

See what happens when you don't burn g-a$$
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2019
    Options
    If Rosie O'Donnell ever decided to become a man, that is what she would look like.

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    That dude is a real person. So, you don't care for him? So what. No need to publicly poke fun at him for no reason.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That dude is a real person. So, you don't care for him? So what. No need to publicly poke fun at him for no reason.

Russ is a real person too. Everyone here has been or will be joked with or about from time to time. Sal is a big boy, and were he still coming by here, he would have laughed at that as well.

• mdaudioguy
    Options
    Lightman is a real person too...
    That's different, and you know it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

Don't kid yourself....we have lots of reasons to poke fun at him. More than a lot actually.

Now Russ, we have no reason but simple self gratification.....plus he's so darn entertaining you gotta love the guy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Don't kid yourself....we have lots of reasons to poke fun at him. More than a lot actually.
    Still, no benefit to it whatsoever, unless folks just have a need to feel better about themselves. Heck, we don't know how he's doing right now, or where he is in life.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options

Now Russ, we have no reason but simple self gratification.....plus he's so darn entertaining you gotta love the guy.
    Russ takes it in stride, and actually encourages it. It's part of his persona on here, but I'm sure I didn't really have to clarify that.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I despise each and every one of you chowder heads.

Except Cathy....
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

Still, no benefit to it whatsoever, unless folks just have a need to feel better about themselves. Heck, we don't know how he's doing right now, or where he is in life.

If you want to see how he is doing, you can reach out to him here...
    https://www.facebook.com/sal.cameli

• mdaudioguy
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Except Cathy....

I get it. Cathy's cool. :D
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

Except Cathy....

We all LOVE YOU Russ!!!! (Except Cathy. I think she still has that restraining order...)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Sal is a big boy, and were he still coming by here, he would have laughed at that as well.

Sal still drops by and got himself on the troll list for good reason !! He has no one to blame but himself. Not only was he given ample chances he then went and threw gas on the fire and ADMITTED he wanted nothing better bet to spread c rap here to see how twisted we could get with his flinging fecal matter. THEREFORE Ken banished him to where he is at.

I have seen him make a post from time to time yet none of us can see it.... FOR GOOD REASON

• mhardy6647
    Options

Except Cathy....

Chowdahead in her case, being in Bahsten and all...

B)
  • mdaudioguy
    edited July 2019
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Sal is a big boy, and were he still coming by here, he would have laughed at that as well.
    I have seen him make a post from time to time yet none of us can see it.... FOR GOOD REASON
    Wait, what? Are you like that kid in The Sixth Sense??
    I see dead banished people!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wait, what? Are you like that kid in The Sixth Sense??
    I see dead banished people!

Nope you see his avatar on the front page yet when you go to the thread he's not there.

Hey maybe I am dead....

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    If Rosie O'Donnell ever decided to become a man, that is what she would look like.

I thought he/she was a man. :)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I just flashed on an hallucination of Russ rapping
    I like soy milk and I cannot lie
    All you otha brothas can't deny...

B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options

Except Cathy....

and me because I'm Canadian!! ;)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

Except Cathy....

and me because I'm Canadian!! ;)

Of course JF!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    no way to hate Canadians -- they're too polite and self effacing.

:)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    There is one Canadian here that managed his way to my ignore list in less than 10 posts...