Group-buy-2019-dreadnought-avel-lindberg-1000va-isolation-transformers

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Got home today and 2 heavy boxes were at my doorstep Woo Hoo! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Mine showed up yesterday. Still working on my plates. I took my flycutter and milled off all the powder coat...ready to be anodized.
    mbkuq4zo6j49.jpg
    40hegrjywlyr.jpg
    Thanks again to all involved for making this happen.

nice counter sunk holes. what color you going with?
  • I think I'm going to go with a dark blue. I know Larry's are red so I dont want to copy him.lol
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • verb
    So newbie question on the Neutrik chassis mount connector. Is this the preferred one? I've read that this is built better than the 2-pole version.
    emgo12n4vffh.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    That's the one I got
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Correct. Use that one.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    I think I'm going to go with a dark blue. I know Larry's are red so I dont want to copy him.lol

Very nice that should be sweet.
  • pitdogg2
    verb wrote: »
    So newbie question on the Neutrik chassis mount connector. Is this the preferred one? I've read that this is built better than the 2-pole version.
    emgo12n4vffh.png

Yes and air tight.... Don't need any molecules escaping the coffin.
  • verb
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    emgo12n4vffh.png

Yep. Seen some builds with the mating gasket.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    If you want to go wild, you can use this one, you would have to enlarge the hole though -

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/071941-neutrik-nlt4mp-heavy-duty-4-pole-speakon-chassis-connector-nickel?gclid=CjwKCAjwxrzoBRBBEiwAbtX1n0zdd4Uq2F0TWMwcgf2AfvHXq0h7Enmam_9NCJv3jv8KDqDIPhd_NhoCt8sQAvD_BwE

I used this one on the utopias, liked the metal chassis
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    emgo12n4vffh.png

Yep. Seen some builds with the mating gasket.

Yes but some even with the gasket are not air tight. I still seal inside the with hot hot glue with the air tight models and around all binding posts.
  • verb
    VR3 wrote: »
    If you want to go wild, you can use this one, you would have to enlarge the hole though -

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/071941-neutrik-nlt4mp-heavy-duty-4-pole-speakon-chassis-connector-nickel?gclid=CjwKCAjwxrzoBRBBEiwAbtX1n0zdd4Uq2F0TWMwcgf2AfvHXq0h7Enmam_9NCJv3jv8KDqDIPhd_NhoCt8sQAvD_BwE

I used this one on the utopias, liked the metal chassis

I saw that one! Have to open up the hole to clear 31mm diameter, doable for sure! :smile:
    ix4lzuhz8cfi.png
  • verb
    Ugh, and the mounting hole spacing has to increase! NL4MP panel cutout:
    t1v2hem20g4b.png
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That's the wrong one, you want the NL4MP-UC. Fits perfectly in the hole.

The gasket just gives it a finished look.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    PM sent to the six who have not confirmed receipt here in the thread.

Sure hope @erniejade is not the last to receive his. :#
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Great news! Just sat down to listen to the finished product and the first thing I noticed was dead silence. I’ve been running without the interconnection for a year because I couldn’t get it quiet with it, ground loop or something. Well worth the wait.
    Currently listening to Weather Report and the bells and cymbals are crisp and clear like never before.
    Thank you again for including me in this upgrade!
    This concludes two years of upgrades to my 1.2’s
    Until something else comes along of course!
    Eric
  • verb
    F1nut wrote: »
    That's the wrong one, you want the NL4MP-UC. Fits perfectly in the hole.

The gasket just gives it a finished look.

Gotcha. Same interface as the NL4MP, but that's the one with a higher current rating. Thank you sir! :smile:
    pjre1y8t1ggw.png
  • F1nut
    You got it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• verb
    edited June 2019
    Ok, next question, should've asked all at once, but I'm slow. :smile: And too lazy to search the basement for my box of 1C upgrade goodies from @westmassguy :smile: What is the preferred cable end connector?
  • F1nut
    NLT4FX-BAG

President of Club Polk

• verb
    NLT4FX-BAG

Thanks again brother! :smile: Beautiful.
    d3ri57jgkiul.png
  • pitdogg2
    Great news! Just sat down to listen to the finished product and the first thing I noticed was dead silence. I’ve been running without the interconnection for a year because I couldn’t get it quiet with it, ground loop or something. Well worth the wait.
    Currently listening to Weather Report and the bells and cymbals are crisp and clear like never before.
    Thank you again for including me in this upgrade!
    This concludes two years of upgrades to my 1.2’s
    Until something else comes along of course!
    Eric

What brand is your amp?
  • F1nut
    NLT4FX-BAG

Thanks again brother! :smile: Beautiful.
    d3ri57jgkiul.png

If the end bell is too small for your cable you can rip off the rubber tip and the clip ring inside. If it's still too small grind out the end like I did.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Rotel
    RB-1092

Interesting. It should be common ground. I was thinking you might gave a hybrid type amp. Butler comes to mind.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Fwiw, the gold tipped neutrik allows cables upwards of 5/8 thick
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2019
    The NLT4FX-BAG max opening with the rubber bushing still in it is also 16mm or 5/8". I needed 22mm for the MIT cable, which is why I enlarged the end bell by grinding out the inside. I know someone else simply cut off part of the end bell. I thought of that, but I was concerned the end bell would be too short. I will say the grinding process was a PITA.

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Another option to enlarge the holes on the neutriks is to use a step drill. This is how I enlarged mine for my bi-wire MIT's. If I had to do it over I would not use bi-wires as that was a real challenge for my fat and not so steady fingers.