Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    stangman67 wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    stangman67 wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    Some nice watches being discussed.

@stangman67 that Omega is a great looking watch. In fact I had to stop by the local watch dealer yesterday and check it out.

@Joey_V that Daytona is a real show stopper.

I know this is not a for sale thread but if anyone is interested in a Omega Seamasster Professional shoot me a message.

Well what didn’t you think of the new Seamaster?!?

Maybe I mislead with my comment. I thought the new Omega was awesome. The one I’m thinking of letting go is one I have had for about 10 years.

We’re on the same page, just wondering what you thought after checking it out in person

I really liked it. It is striking. If I did not already have an Omega I would likely go that direction but I am looking to move into something else at this point.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I’ve measured the omega each day since I bought it on Thursday. It has very impressively neither gained nor lost a single second since I’ve owned it (both daily and cumulatively). Very impressive performance from omega
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I usually trend the resale market just so I have a clue to what the watches are doing. Got too busy with life so I stopped monitoring the resale market for a couple years. The GMTIIC was ALWAYS sluggish in gaining value... but then just jumped a couple months ago.

But it’s not like I can take advantage of the increased equity as it’s not like I’m selling any time soon anyway (knock on wood).

But it’s still pretty cool to know that the favorite watch in my collection has been appropriately valued by my contemporaries.

Things have changed quick. As you likely have figured out already, your GMT took a significant jump in value a couple months ago due to the fact that it went out of production with the announcement of the new Batman on a Jubilee bracelet at Baselworld. So now the only SS GMTs are the Pepsi, and Batman, both on Jubilees.

I'd imagine in the next year or two we'll also see the all black, and gradually other version updated to the new case, and movement. At which time it will be interesting to see if the values of the older models we have will slip at all.

HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Just got a call back from my AD. My Super Ocean is getting a new clasp, a new bezel, a complete tuneup/overhaul, and a good polishing/clean up. For $1,100 and 4-6 weeks of patience I'll have what will look like a brand new Breitling! Now I have to find that patience....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited May 2019
    My wife likes her Nixon tortoise shell watch:

4u2sxlb5t7q5.jpg
  • stangman67
    I went into the local dealer today with my fiancé. She found a Breitling she really likes. They want a cool 10k for it! Time to start saving my pennies

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I got the wife a Tag today for her b-day. She’s quite happy.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Pics
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Clipdat wrote: »
    My wife likes her Nixon tortoise shell watch:

4u2sxlb5t7q5.jpg

Love the look of that^ Nixon.

Here's a photo of mine.\/

xvdla07uo9b7.jpg

9ig50taqgbau.jpg

dedmzhcr2ikn.jpg
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • joecoulson
    Pic of the wife’s

smd3aogc2pm3.jpeg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    z8kdyeggaw02.jpg
    Her first nice watch
    k6bcl7rxuv80.jpg
    Her Tag Alter Ego
  • stangman67
    For all my watch aficionado brethren. I have my Oris Aquis small seconds on the eBay but would love to sell it to someone here. It’s the 2017 model and in very good shape. PM if interested, will offer a very good price to polkies

qc4v7y9gx4iq.jpeg

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    ue5xxbua9r25.jpeg

:#

Joey won't give a **** about the watch but is likely having arm hair envy...
  • Joey_V
    ue5xxbua9r25.jpeg

Joey won't give a **** about the watch but is likely having arm hair envy...

I’m gonna kick u in the gonads
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    ue5xxbua9r25.jpeg

I will say
    It’s a nice watch
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Happy with it so far.

The Swiss auto’s have to go out for service. I’ll keep those for fun.

The Garmin is nice though. Easy to use and tracks all the stuff I want it to!

The mountain bikes are going to be happy with the new Garmin, in the end that’s all that really matters...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Joey_V wrote: »
    ue5xxbua9r25.jpeg

I will say
    It’s a nice watch

I agree. Simple and uncluttered. Almost as nice as my Seiko. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    Time is too precious to let it go by on a cheap wristwatch
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Time is too precious to let it go by on a cheap wristwatch

LOL.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Just got a call back from my AD. My Super Ocean is getting a new clasp, a new bezel, a complete tuneup/overhaul, and a good polishing/clean up. For $1,100 and 4-6 weeks of patience I'll have what will look like a brand new Breitling! Now I have to find that patience....

Where did you send it? I have a couple of Superocean's that need service. The local shop where I bought em are, sadly, no longer there.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jflail2
    I went to Schawrzchilds and they sent it to Breitling’s repair center. Cost me $50 to send through them versus direct, but I don’t have to worry about it being lost in the mail or anything. My understanding is that you can send it directly to Breitling though. Let me find that link again.

• jflail2

• verb

Thank you! I also have an Emergency that needs a battery replacement. Oh dear, I see the cash flying out of my wallet! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jflail2
    Wait....is that the one that has the global gps emergency pull string thing? If so, I’d like to take a swim through your pool full of gold coins. Wow!

• joecoulson
    Service on a good watch is always expensive - but well worth it
  • verb
    edited May 2019
    Wait....is that the one that has the global gps emergency pull string thing? If so, I’d like to take a swim through your pool full of gold coins. Wow!

Hehe! I'm all about the good deal! But yeah, it's my pride and joy! :smile:

Stock pic, mine is the same color. Titanium case and bracelet!
    7yxl9543uj8x.png
  • jflail2
    Wow. I’ve seen them in the case but they’re so far out of my range I didn't even bother to try it on. Quite the score there!

• stangman67
    That thing is obnoxious Dave lol. Not my cup of tea but glad you have a quality watch. Trying to convince my fiancé to get a Tag instead of the Breitling that she likes, will save us like 3k