Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Well thinking of getting something like this one. Is a good excuse as my birthday is comming.

eushtl9x5o8q.png

Cheers
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    n4sm48ru8gry.jpeg

I’ve gotten to where I do t wear watches much anymore but my dad got this for Christmas knowing I’ve always wanted one:-)
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    That’s a classic
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    n4sm48ru8gry.jpeg

I’ve gotten to where I do t wear watches much anymore but my dad got this for Christmas knowing I’ve always wanted one:-)

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Indeed that is some patina
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    n4sm48ru8gry.jpeg

When the Mrs and I were first dating (many years ago) she decided to get a set of his/hers (all gold tone) for our 1st "anniversary". Still got it, love it! Memories!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Well thinking of getting something like this one. Is a good excuse as my birthday is comming.

eushtl9x5o8q.png

Cheers

Great looking watch.
  • joecoulson
    The Omega is FINALLY on its way back to me

Get it Friday.
    Should look brand new

All of this was done:

The movement rate is out of tolerance.
    - The bezel shows signs of scratches and/or dents.
    - The crystal is marked and/or scratched.
    - The movement has low amplitude.
    - The dial and/or hands are faded or discolored.
    - One or more pins and/or tubes in the bracelet are loose and will be replaced.
    - The crown is worn.
    - Presence of dirt/fibers on the dial.
  • joecoulson
    So I got the watch back today, everything looks fantastic. They replaced a ton of parts including a bunch of internal gears, all of the gaskets, a bunch of pens on the bracelet, the hands the crown the helium valve ETC
    I’m slightly surprised they didn’t replace the bezel which has a slight scratch in it but I would imagine that’s not really covered.
    The bracelet looks absolutely fantastic, looks like the day I bought it. In the interior of the watch looks flawless. I can only assume it runs perfectly also as that’s the whole idea behind the service.
    Anyway glad to be back up and running with this beauty and here are the pictures, including bags of all the parts that they sent back to me.

nwc4h6t4rthz.jpeg
    ep39a73vfmfa.jpeg
    ed8wryd2pwca.jpeg
    yj4runiht760.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    You’re right the bezel does have a scratch. Wonder why they didn’t replace

Is that red box from the service?

Rolex comes in a plastic box back.

Stupid cheap Rolex USA
  • joecoulson
    they said it was not a replaceable item, like the bracelet or case, but I didn't get emailed to ask if i wanted to pay to have it either. oh well, it doesn't bother me, the rest of the watch is immaculate.
    Yes the red case was what they shipped it back in - new to me.

this wasn't cheap though - $625 with shipping etc
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2019
    That’s alright

Rolex is like double that.

Patek is like 5x that.

Atleast you got a nice travel case out of it
  • Joey_V
    Now that reminds me, I may have to start planning on sending mine in.

I have 4.

Crap
  • joecoulson
    LOL, one day a Patek maybe
    I have a Ulysse Nardin 1846 Chrono thats beautiful but its only 38mm and looks tiny on my wrist, also have a Fortis Spacematic but it needs a service and they want $1k for that, only paid 2 for the watch

4 rolly's huh, big baller
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,172
    edited February 2019
    Wearing my very modest (ie cheap) Seiko baby tuna! Cheapish Japanese automatic watch at its finest. This watch just does it for me, I have watches that cost over 10 times this but I find this baby on my wrist more and more. Just such a fantastic looking watch imo

eef2x52tvdx7.jpeg

2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • joecoulson
    Good looking watch Zach
  • Joey_V
    joecoulson wrote: »
    LOL, one day a Patek maybe
    I have a Ulysse Nardin 1846 Chrono thats beautiful but its only 38mm and looks tiny on my wrist, also have a Fortis Spacematic but it needs a service and they want $1k for that, only paid 2 for the watch

4 rolly's huh, big baller

Yeah right big baller

I was in Beverly Hills once.

The guy wouldn’t even let me try on the Richard Mille.

• Joey_V
    Could not put it on, guy watched me like a hawk

Even my wife was perturbed.

He definitely scoped me out and figured I wasn’t a buyer.

s160dpe5uhst.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    Here are my 4

Haven’t bought a Rolex since 2011... I have been eyeballing the Smurf or the white gold Pepsi but at this time, I do not feel like I have done enough to warrant or deserve a gold Rolex.

So I will wait.

xfbrli2vydql.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    That Daytona is bad a55

I was in Vegas and almost tried one of these on until I saw the cheapest was $30k

rh8ytkxgyjbw.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    Richard Mille

The one time I felt like I was kicked out of a store.
  • joecoulson
    That's messed up, in my business (construction) I learned early on not to judge any book by a cover.
    Long time ago, a land developer pulled up next to our builder when we were standing chatting to him. The developer was writing a check to buy some land to have the builder give to the owner. This guy (developer) rolled up in a beat up old pickup, Labrador sticking its head out of the passenger window, wearing overalls and looking rough.
    But he stroked a check for $5 million in front of us to purchase a huge piece of land for the next project.This was in the mid 90's
    Never judge a book by the cover.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    Good policy. Too bad about your experience, Joey.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited March 2019
    Early in my adult life I thought I would be more into watches but that never really happened. These are the only halfway decent watches I've had since about age 21-23....so, that's about 30 years!

Current
    ESQ by Movado E5255 Chronograph Stainless Steel
    P1030425.jpg
    Current
    Invicta Reserve Collection Sea Vulture 0474
    invicta-reserve-collection-sea-vulture-black-rubber-strap-men_s-watch-0474.jpg
    1198327284_jGy6C-L.jpg
    Current
    Seiko Chronograph World Timer Two-Tone Stainless Steel 5T52-6B39
    seiko_image.4289108.jpg

Gone
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King Stainless Steel w/ Rose Dial
    51706-1.jpg
    Gone
    Seiko Chronograph World Timer Gold Tone Stainless 5T52-6A39
    seiko_image.4288998.jpg

Fantasy
    My dream $30K+ watch is the gaudy 18K rose gold CORUM Admiral's Cup Challenge 44 Regatta. If I ever win the Big Game!
    986-691-13-V761-AN32_FLA.jpg
    986-691-13-V761-AN32_BLA.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Joey_V
    ^^^

Buy me a gold Rolex if you win the Big Game W!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Other than as a piece of jewelry when you get dressed up, I really don’t understand any interest in a watch. But, then to each their own. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    Time is way to precious to let it go by with a cheap watch
    (or in @BlueFox ‘s case - none)
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Joey_V wrote: »

Yeah right big baller

I was in Beverly Hills once.

The guy wouldn’t even let me try on the Richard Mille.

Try Chatel in Carmel, CA. Walked in there with a buddy of mine one day about 2 years ago, not only was he not close to being in the market, he also didn't even remotely look like he was, and they didn't even hesitate to pull one out of the case for him. Needless to say he was a little shocked to realize the model he admired was worth almost as much as his house.

But to be honest... In my opinion, they did you a favor. That brand is nothing but tacky, & gaudy, pieces of plastic, with little-to-no history or substance. But like I said...just my opinion.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • joecoulson
    Yes. Now a Ulysse Nardin grand complication for $150k that’s worth every penny.
  • WLDock
    edited March 2019
    Joey_V wrote: »
    ^^^
    Buy me a gold Rolex if you win the Big Game W!
    Joey, since you asked before the fact, I've got you covered on the Gold Rolex. I'll swing through TX and I'll get me one as well. ;)

Now, back to reality...can you lend me about $5G's so I can buy lotto tickets and finish up some home projects before my Son's big open house on June 1st? :D

Man Oh man, how I wish I could hire this work done and have the kitchen remodeled. So little time and little money. If I had a gold Rolex right now I'd sell it like I did with the stainless one I had and get this remodel done. My wife used to be in jewelry sales and sold her stainless (and thousands in gold) years back during some tough times. I would love to be able to replace it someday.

Family priorities!

Back to it... I dropped in a new toilet in the master bath last night, now on to painting the guest room, trim, crown, and wainscoting the dining room. A man's work is never done!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    edited March 2019
    TMI
    Nope!, other can talk about their bathroom / house remodel, I can talk about mine. Sorry! :smile: This is the first time in life that I learned about Toto, Gerber, etc. brands. I went with an American Standard Cadet 3 because I have a 10" rough in and I found a deal on a new one at a discount house. I'd really TMI and blow this thread up if I dropped a pic... LOL!

Its my reality right now. I'm serious when I say, if I had some valuable watches, etc. I would sell them to fund getting this whole house finished. I just don't wear watches that much these days. Its been three years and I still have few rooms to finish. I saved a ton doing most myself but it still was not cheap.

Ok, no more house remodel talk on the watch thread. As far as watches, it would be nice to have a nice Omega watch at some point. Until then, I would like another Invicta. I think the Akula Diver designer are cool. A BIG man watch.

6a00d8341c6d1b53ef0147e195a9f3970b-800wi