Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    My automatic watches have to go out for service...

I’ve been putting it off, but I’m losing time consistently.

I might actually get an Apple Watch as a daily wear. The Omega I want is about $6-7k and I really can’t get over that much for a watch.

I could get a REALLY nice bike for that much $$!

0m8fuoesdmjn.jpeg

Loaded in carbon fiber and electronic shifting goodness...

And still have money left over for accessories!

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    But the Omega is a bad A$5
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    My issue is that I have too many obsessions. If I buy the Omega it takes away from budgets for other fun stuff and that’s just too difficult!

The bikes take A LOT of maintenance and I do like to upgrade them.

I put watches through a spending filter and I always say I want other stuff over the watch.
  • joecoulson
    No doubt
    I’ve had my watches for sometime with no upgrades in over 5 years.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    I do like Omegas

Maybe one day again

I’ve had 2

Including the 2250 which is what you have Joe
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    cmy330go wrote: »
    So I had been wanting a bronze watch for a while, and intended to buy the Tudor Black Bay Bronze, but after an unfortunate issue with my new Black Bay GMT, I was soured on Tudor, so instead I snagged a new Oris Carl Brashear limited edition chronograph in September in anticipation of a trip to Jamaica in December. The first pic is what the watch looked like the day after we arrived in Oyster Bay. The next pic is what it looked like just 6 days later. The entire time we were there it was constantly changing. Totally won't be my last bronze watch!

vp7yl2fbrnbg.jpg

bkpuzmc9oxax.jpg

That's a cool looking Oris. I hear they make a great watch. I have been eyeing Tudor’s for awhile curious what soured you on the GMT?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2019
    ugsu28iilaz5.jpeg
    This one is a stunner.

Maybe someday.

It’s something I’ve never seen in real life.

Even my dealer who my family bought 7 Rolexes through (4 for me, 1 for my younger brother, 1 for my youngest brother, 1 for my father in law) has not been able to source one for me because they are all going to his clients who have spent more than 6 figures on watches.

Slightly disappointing.

Needless to say, I haven’t bought anything from him any more.

You realize you’re only as valuable as your last sale.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    My Daytona.

I don’t feel too bad.

4yl7skaf6bbk.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    You shouldn’t. That’s a beauty
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    Joey_V wrote: »
    ugsu28iilaz5.jpeg

Maybe someday.

Still hoping for arm hair?

• joecoulson
    Body shaming....want another 30 days...

J/k
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Body shaming....want another 30 days...

J/k

Shorts shaming warrants a permanent ban....
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited March 2019
    213lpkfy9xqh.gif
    I know you were joking, as was I. Its funny how these threads veer off at times.

Upstatemax wrote: »
    I might actually get an Apple Watch as a daily wear. The Omega I want is about $6-7k and I really can’t get over that much for a watch.
    I could get a REALLY nice bike for that much $$!
    0m8fuoesdmjn.jpeg
    Loaded in carbon fiber and electronic shifting goodness...
    And still have money left over for accessories!
    $6K-$7K is a lot for a bike. You must be in the upper $$$ range with Joey?

I used to be a bike mechanic when I was younger. I was into road riding and such and kind of got out of it during later years. Last year I picked up a used like new older Cannondale that I got for cheap. The guy bought it to use indoors on a trainer only (I bought the Kinetic trainer as well!). There are deals to be had in the used market for watches and bikes. Maybe one can have it all!

4fn30n4tr6ve.jpg

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,172
    6 to 7 is a good chunk for a bike but I completely understand it, my bike all on was about 2200 and I could easily double that to get what I really want (which still isn’t close to top of the line)
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    ugsu28iilaz5.jpeg

Maybe someday.

Still hoping for arm hair?

Jerk
  • Joey_V
    Here is my Tag next to a Monaco.

I used to own a Monaco but sold it in the past. I don’t think that was a smart move on my part as it is a good looking and classic watch.

Mine on the left (Silverstone)

Monaco on the right (dealers)d8gxe7grx3ok.jpeg
    38jlnrwxyk5p.jpeg
    p4k3brj5nam8.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    Although I like some Tag’s, not a fan of the square ones
  • Joey_V
    When I owned the Monaco, it was the most recognized watch I had.

It looks really cool and different. There is a glisten to the faceplate. The subdials have a design on them and the hands are cool.
  • joecoulson
    Got a new winder for the Omega. Used to spend a lot on Orbita winders only to find out the are just as likely to break as the cheaper versions. So I got a cheaper version.

wv34i4a7gd77.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    Where’d u get that one
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    That's a cool looking Oris. I hear they make a great watch. I have been eyeing Tudor’s for awhile curious what soured you on the GMT?

Mine was one of the early batches with the 'date change' issue. It varied slightly in symptoms from one piece to another, but basically mine would jump two days every 24hours. What soured me was that there were numerous people having the same issue with their brand new timepieces, and never once did Rolex/Tudor offer so much as an apology, or explanation for their screwup(s). When you buy a luxury product you expect a luxury experience, and IMO that experience was anything but luxurious.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • cmy330go
    Had a custom cashmere strap made for my Sinn 903 ST BE. Now looking forward to having one done for my Tudor GMT.
    cjn82b67a0tu.jpg
    96cbx4qjfvbp.jpg
    eb79pevnql7v.jpg
    rjaw61o1qb3g.jpg
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • joecoulson
    Nice but I do prefer the bracelet personally.
  • stangman67
    Rocking the Glycine combat Sub on a new Da Luca single strap olive band. Great combo

fh9szdikj4x0.jpeg

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    Bracelets are the best IMO, most comfortable.
  • cmy330go
    Bracelets are the best IMO, most comfortable.

Can't argue with that. All but one of my watches (Oris) came on bracelets. Just recently have I tried to venture into straps a bit.
    HT

2 CH
  • stangman67
    I like both. My oris will always stay on its bracelet. For the most part I like everything else (so far) on textile bands

• Joey_V
    I tried straps and well they look cool and add a little bit of dimension to the watch, just never felt the same.
  • Joey_V
    Definitely they look cool.

With bracelets i feel that it balances the weight of the case of the watch, with a nato or strap I feel the case of the watch is off balance and you gotta either deal with the offbalanced weight or strap it tighter to the wrist.

But yes, straps look cool.

But also maybe it’s because I have near hairless arms