Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    and
    au4myfgt0j6k.jpg
    bv1ul96oytd3.jpg
    tnu7melxr8nr.jpg
    vmd4kxv4bxkg.jpg

Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    and
    zud15jq8wmao.jpg
    7j7ai577hziu.jpg
    znq7yau65c9y.jpg
    e6nf3a9pky99.jpg

Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    and
    obpt8tltvkj3.jpg
    j8qe3sutdwny.jpg
    ekywtz2uwovh.jpg
    nqosi2feaezu.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    and
    7fik98s9l3z5.jpg
    sogzkgtm0ukz.jpg
    3wy9w4h4pgwf.jpg
    djoznduxdx9g.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I just now realized, Josh never did play his TT when I was in there. He always used the big boy off to the right....which sounded really, really good.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I just now realized, Josh never did play his TT when I was in there. He always used the big boy off to the right....which sounded really, really good.

Tom
    I didn't see him use his own table either, but I did talk to him briefly about it. He said they wanted to show it off, but he liked that Kodo so much he just couldn't stop spinning it.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    and
    jnwu272jzzhl.jpg
    d7q6rhia6oh8.jpg
    v42u6pbewapp.jpg
    7xl8h6xbeeug.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    and
    h4mg4ynuw5gy.jpg
    kvipset53ukl.jpg
    epcd3tgvmdme.jpg
    fgl6w65rvpcs.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    and
    gtdoykjuqvlt.jpg
    zze43g87afq4.jpg
    9bqq52dmq1tq.jpg
    f2zfacsd3r3p.jpg

Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom
    I didn't see him use his own table either, but I did talk to him briefly about it. He said they wanted to show it off, but he liked that Kodo so much he just couldn't stop spinning it.

100 :'( lb $65,000 table
    Puritan PSM156
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I know, that thing was insane. Hard to believe that his speakers were probably the most affordable piece of gear in use.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Marvin telling stories again! w5w1fw8zsz2b.jpg

the dude in the black shirt saw I had a Omega Subwoofer and reconized it instanly as he has Omega speakers also, we got to talking and they chatted we me & Marvin for almost a hour!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    My favorite part of the show is when Danny reach out to skip and they some time in each others room chatting a swapping out gear and they to the pleasure of us there, they went to Danny's room and they hooked up the Norma gear to his speakers...

Me & Barry got the front rows seats. I told Barry they should have charged us to sit here as I would have payed a lot for those seats :p
    qyn1edl4cxaz.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• voltz
    I never thought to take pics while hanging out with Skip and Gunny as they have become a common site to me I forgot others may have enjoy seeing some pics of them too. Helping sit up their rooms and taking them down and my room was between them this year so they like old furniture I see all the time! as we got to hang out as we went back and forth from the 3 rooms!

• voltz
    Andy who went from room to room doing reviews told me he like my setup better this year then last year!

I wish I had ask him if it was because:
    (A) Last year I used Modwright gear and this year I used the Norma Gear?

(B) Last year I used Acoustic Zen cables and this year it was all Wireworld?

(C) Last Year I had the bigger Usher Mini X's and this year I had the Smaller Usher SD-500 I think?

or (D) Last year I setup my room and this year Skip set it up for me?

Skip will appreciate this ;)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    voltz wrote: »

the dude in the black shirt saw I had a Omega Subwoofer and reconized it instanly as he has Omega speakers also, we got to talking and they chatted we me & Marvin for almost a hour!

The shadow behind Marvin... that's not Russ tryin' to sneak in from behind, is it?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

The shadow behind Marvin... that's not Russ tryin' to sneak in from behind, is it?

Dude is quick for an old man! Mission failed!
  • voltz
    edited May 2019
    marvda1 wrote: »
    too many beers. i don't remember this. :D

What else don't you remember?? >:)

My only regret for the show is I didn't spend enough time in Ryan's room. I spent only a little bit when I had something I remembered I had to do and left to early then was jelly brained for awhile when he went back to his room to finish Pink Floyd's wish you were here! and I didn't follow...some things will haunt you for a long time!

The talk is LSAF maybe in June next year...I saw Berry in the Computer room so I snuck in and called him a Hacker!! and I'd see him in next month in June :p He was like ohh how i wish LOL me too as a year is a long time to see old friends!
    Post edited by voltz on

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited May 2019
    I would've liked to set in this room for a bit, amount the many others. I have a ModWright LS 100 Preamp and thinking about the KWA 100SE Amplifier to accompany it, driving a nice pair of Bookies.

I would imagine the Ushers were very good with this set-up.

cs8zk62q6e6u.jpg

• marvda1
    the mods were not hooked up.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Mike Reeter

WTH ;)

• marvda1

WTH ;)

just the little norma integrated.
    Puritan PSM156
  • voltz
    I use the Modwrights at home with some Rosso's Fiesole & before that I powered the Usher Mini X's with them, I got the preamp from Ron and I found the amp at "THe Music Room" for $2600 list new at $5200.

We ran Norma gear in all 3 of Skips room it power the usher in my room and Sonner Audios speakers and the Fiesole in his room!

• Mike Reeter
    edited May 2019
    I use the Modwrights at home with some Rosso's Fiesole & before that I powered the Usher Mini X's with them, I got the preamp from Ron and I found the amp at "THe Music Room" for $2600 list new at $5200.

We ran Norma gear in all 3 of Skips room it power the usher in my room and Sonner Audios speakers and the Fiesole in his room!

How did the Ushers sound with the ModWright combo?

How do you like the KWA 100 ???

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Were you all using IPA 140? or 70?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.