Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    s2ko0rxh5atl.jpg
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    x6dl9fzrgvt6.jpg
    When people say gear is everything you had better believe it. These speakers @erniejade and heard in two different rooms. The first room was incredible they did everything right i couldn't believe what i was hearing. The tactical sensations, the realism, the fingers on the instruments, the impact of the music pure bliss.
    The second room oh my god it was one of the worst rooms of the day. Everything about the sound coming from those speakers was 180°. It was just painful to listen to. I actually got up and went to look at the speaker including looking at the back to make triple sure it was the same, it was @erniejade and I walked out and was just flabbergasted at what we just heard.

1000009% agreed. I was actually considering buying them today until i heard them in the black ice room.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    joecoulson wrote: »
    For you @SCompRacer

3j26ps054mfd.jpeg

Thank you Joe!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer

I was very disappointed in the Modwright room

Ivan, which one? Modwright had three. We liked the one with the long grey or white haired older guy. Cant recall which room. Ask Aaron. He's younger better memory.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    Another prop for Drew posting pics.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Anyone visit the PS Audio room and see/hear their prototype speaker for the new AN line (3 price points)? It's based on Arnie Nudell's work before he passed and, in the future, the statement piece in the new line is touted that it will best the infamous Infinity IRS-V....in a much smaller size and price.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    SCompRacer wrote: »

I was very disappointed in the Modwright room

Ivan, which one? Modwright had three. We liked the one with the long grey or white haired older guy. Cant recall which room. Ask Aaron. He's younger better memory.

Rich I believe it was 566. I personally didn't go in. I wanted to but the guys were like we can't let you do that to yourself. So when 5 of the 6 and I'm the 6 it was unanimous they grabbed my neck and legs and forced me to the black ice room, which was terrible. :D
    I ended up in a polite argument with that guy running the black ice room. He told me SACD was a dead format so they would never ever have anything other than CD players and may not be making many more of those. I had asked if their CD player was SACD capable silly me. I guess that was a bad question. I laughed and told him not too many years ago turntables and vinyl was called the same. I asked him if he noticed 95% of the rooms had turntables into 10's of thousands of dollars and they were selling vinyl downstairs by the stacks. He told me streamers were the only way to go and I had better get on board. I shook his hand and told him good luck and walked off.

I took their word. Besides i had not ate since 9a.m. and it was almost 6p.m. we really needed to go take Skipper hostage and pound pizza. We had sent Tonyb over the hustle us up a large group of tables at the local pizza joint. You don't keep that guy waiting long if you value certian parts of your body lol he did us good.

• stevep
    stevep Posts: 327
    JayCee wrote: »
    Anyone visit the PS Audio room and see/hear their prototype speaker for the new AN line (3 price points)?

Other more qualified will hopefully speak up but I did walk through the PS Audio space, looked at the prototypes and the sound didn't cause me to stop in my tracks.
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2019

Rich I believe it was 566.

Then the good Modwright room(s) were either 354 or 510.
    I ended up in a polite argument with that guy running the black ice room.

Yeah, there were a lot of arguable absolutes and too much talking going on in some rooms.
    …. i had not ate since 9a.m. and it was almost 6p.m. we really needed to go take Skipper hostage and pound pizza. We had sent Tonyb over the hustle us up a large group of tables at the local pizza joint. You don't keep that guy waiting long if you value certian parts of your body lol he did us good.

LOL I know what it's like being with hungry folks that look at you as prey....lol
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Back in the Sonner room. Seriously good sound for not that much money. Very nice.
  • Clipdat
    edited April 2019
    Benchmark room sounding nice!

Also they're super friendly.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Some show swag....

You got the cables for free?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Lol no. I wish.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Swag
    Some free. Some a kick to the ****
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    halo wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Carver room to meet & talk with the esteemed Frank Malik???

:D:p>:)
    ALL212 wrote: »
    I stopped in - he really needs to just play tunes and STFU.

I’m not a fan of that line array but I’d bet the amps are good.

But for cryin out loud. Play tunes and quit talking!!!

Yes about 6 of us went in to listen not once but twice in about 30min. all we got to hear was how great FRANK was and how lucky Bob was to have him as a partner. If you listen to Frank as Frank tells it, he owns the company and Bob Carver is Franks employee. Because Frank is SOOOO GREAT and the audio world is sooo lucky to have him bring us all the best audio gear because if it wasn't for FRANK the audio world would not have 3/4 of the gear it has. HOW EMBARRESING for Mr. Bob Carver. I thought about introducing myself to him but I didn't want to PUKE on his shoes. Trust me folks it WAS that bad.
    The guy is so full of himself I just do not know how he makes it through doorways!!

Frank if you see this remember this you asked to come by and say hi but we couldn't get a word in. You literally need to shut your mouth and let the product speak for itself.

If he did not have enough to BS about, his story of Bob's $10 wig was over the top. I doubt if anyone came to AXPONA to hear about how much Bob's net worth is or how preferences for cheap toupee prior to the time before he started shaving his head. I am curious just how much music got played in that room.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Clipdat wrote: »
    d320eai9dzf8.jpg

I did not go in that room this year, but last year it seemed like those speakers were just too much for that room.
  • Clipdat
    Volti Audio room on point today!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    indyhawg wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Carver room to meet & talk with the esteemed Frank Malik???

:D:p>:)
    ALL212 wrote: »
    I stopped in - he really needs to just play tunes and STFU.

I’m not a fan of that line array but I’d bet the amps are good.

But for cryin out loud. Play tunes and quit talking!!!

Yes about 6 of us went in to listen not once but twice in about 30min. all we got to hear was how great FRANK was and how lucky Bob was to have him as a partner. If you listen to Frank as Frank tells it, he owns the company and Bob Carver is Franks employee. Because Frank is SOOOO GREAT and the audio world is sooo lucky to have him bring us all the best audio gear because if it wasn't for FRANK the audio world would not have 3/4 of the gear it has. HOW EMBARRESING for Mr. Bob Carver. I thought about introducing myself to him but I didn't want to PUKE on his shoes. Trust me folks it WAS that bad.
    The guy is so full of himself I just do not know how he makes it through doorways!!

Frank if you see this remember this you asked to come by and say hi but we couldn't get a word in. You literally need to shut your mouth and let the product speak for itself.

If he did not have enough to BS about, his story of Bob's $10 wig was over the top. I doubt if anyone came to AXPONA to hear about how much Bob's net worth is or how preferences for cheap toupee prior to the time before he started shaving his head. I am curious just how much music got played in that room.

Yep that was so tacky.