Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Agree Tony I seen more Hawks, Falcons, Eagles and Ospreys in the last 10 yrs. than i seen in my first 40yrs.

Love watching them
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited March 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Agree Tony I seen more Hawks, Falcons, Eagles and Ospreys in the last 10 yrs. than i seen in my first 40yrs.

Love watching them

That's a direct result of the banning of DDT. Took a while for the benefits to work their way through the ecosystem, but changing habitat & time have brought the raptors back with a vengeance. [EDIT: oops, that was already mentioned! Sorry! :p ]

Dozens of eagles along the Connecticut River near us nowadays.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    7bo3tp2iveym.jpg

Old farmhouse in Orpund, Canton Bern, Switzerland
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Love watching them

That's a direct result of the banning of DDT. Took a while for the benefits to work their way through the ecosystem, but changing habitat & time have brought the raptors back with a vengeance. [EDIT: oops, that was already mentioned! Sorry! :p ]

Dozens of eagles along the Connecticut River near us nowadays.

We have Amber Alerts on highway to slow down for eagles in roadway
    Randy/Maine
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    We used to have a lot of Bald Eagles here in Wilmington NC. but that was probably 70 years ago.

They have JUST started to show back up. They've been slowly coming back South. But lead poisoning is the major concern for a lot of birds of prey here of late. Here's a female Eagle who was rescued and cleaned of lead in her system over a long time.
    This was a day she was released back to the wild. She was HUGE! <3
    b4tsm3uav1ez.png
    t7gtrn4ef3m9.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Amen, TonyM!

53472681_10156669804259024_2488385776493002752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.frkh1-1.fna&oh=fcfd70d7ac58d8aeb04277c2bc04f846&oe=5D0BE7A5

Hey, you did say "any" picture, right?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Speaking of Las Vegas:

One of my favorite books below. Las Vegas where the Devil takes up residence for the end of the world.

The 1978 fan favorite has been greenlit as a 10-episode event series for the streaming service CBS All Access.

rxfih5its072.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited March 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just saw an article that they're (Hawks) so prevalent, there has been an alert given out somewhere to be careful about outdoor pets under 10 lbs.. :#

One of our beautiful tamed outdoor feral cats, who was only 5-6 lbs, used to love being on the roof. She disappeared about a year ago. She was sweet, very spunky and greatly missed. I strongly suspect she was taken by an eagle or owl, in part because her littermate, twice her size, is terrified of overhead bird sounds. I think he witnessed it. Here are the two of them on the front porch:
    iip6mrxwxja1.jpg
    Assisting Myra with pot garden:
    smjsc6bflnz3.jpg

Post edited by CGTIII on
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Jim Shearer
    Jim Shearer Posts: 369
    edited March 2019
    Enough with the POLITICS!!!!

I don't come here for that! There are lots of places where you can discuss politics, it's not appropriate in this venue.

Thank you.
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Back away from the bong
    Randy/Maine
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I LOVE Las Vegas.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Another radical wildlife change is coywolves, even in urban areas. They seem to combine all the strengths of coyotes and wolves, mentally and physically, including jaws that can crush the bones of much larger animals.
    Meet the Coywolf - A 2014 PBS Documentary
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I LOVE Las Vegas.

The Mrs and I go every year. At least once. Love it every time. So much to do, even if you're not into gambling (like me). Dining, Shows, Sightseeing, Decadence, you name it, Vegas has got it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    2if0dddd3ut3.jpeg
    So close, I can almost taste it.... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    A little pulpy?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Tell the cabinet installer to touch up the end of the toe kick on the island @mrbiron
    And run scribe on the base left of the base in the bottom left of the picture like he did for the wall cab above it.
    Gotta watch these installers ;)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Tell the cabinet installer to touch up the end of the toe kick on the island @mrbiron
    And run scribe on the base left of the base in the bottom left of the picture like he did for the wall cab above it.
    Gotta watch these installers ;)
    This man would know more than probably ANYONE on this forum!

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    la2vegas wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I LOVE Las Vegas.

The Mrs and I go every year. At least once. Love it every time. So much to do, even if you're not into gambling (like me). Dining, Shows, Sightseeing, Decadence, you name it, Vegas has got it! :smile:

Dining, shows, sightseeing? Never new Vegas had any of that.
    2 hours sleep daily, a couple of quick snacks and the rest of the day on the tables is enough for me. :#

Hehe! Oh yeah, and plenty of cigar bars! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    mrbiron wrote: »
    2if0dddd3ut3.jpeg
    So close, I can almost taste it.... ;)

Nice! Love the contrasting color of the island. We did a similar thing with the granite on our island.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    1xxxztb8u9by.jpg
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    I don't know whether to laugh or be mad at this; I'm mainly the later. I searched to see if the photo was real. What I found was a couple compilation videos of this behavior, mainly with women and girls. Disgusting. Won't post here because this is an audio forum and doesn't belong here.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    Took this in Vegas one morning in Mid February.mblil8b6h7lj.jpeg
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein