Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 13,187
    I'm back.

Though we've had some rough winter weather here thus far in 2015, I remain optimistic for an early spring. Of all years, I want spring to arrive sooner this year than any other has, since I have been fortunate enough to have been able to purchase my first brand new motorcycle. I cannot wait to hit the beautiful Upstate NY roads with 103 cubic inches of pure American Muscle between my legs..

Here are a few spring "inspirational" photos for your viewing pleasure...

4z7salfl93pz.jpg
    1.jpg 44.7K
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

mjo8li5h1wzd.jpg

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

ftvyd8bq441e.jpg

s60zeixtxycb.jpg

5aqx4odzthkv.jpg

n6nwxhuxe241.jpg

n74vp9zdwjsi.jpg

edited February 2015
    The silver paint is metallic, and shows up and looks far better outdoors than these indoors ones taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5 show. The kinda funny looking piece on the seat will be removed. It was made to move a shorter rider 1.5" closer to the handle bars and foot controls. The bike also has a 2-way adjustable handle bar, making it suitable for riders of all sizes. Of course, I'll do a bunch of my own "customizing" to it, as I've already purchased several accessories...

6b9wa5jgkncd.jpg

Post edited by Rick88 on

xqg173vrf8vn.jpg

aebz12k4t30m.jpg

sc8qewrs1ufe.jpg

q05g4ae1ml72.jpg

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,591
    Rick, when you come back, you really come back. Nice bike. Have fun in the spring. How is the Jim Beam and music doing? :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    t7rxr4j91qcc.jpg

I still love (and kept) my 2004 Sportster 1200 Custom. It was my first Harley, and I've made it my own true Custom, having changed many things from stock. It is a very quick/torquey/good handling bike, and is a blast to carve canyons on. It is equally comfortable for longer rides (believe it or not), as I've ridden her as many as 600 miles in a single day, with no soreness afterward. She's my little hot rod, and I've named her "Wendy", inspired by the girl in the Springsteen classic "Born To Run", 'cause baby my Sporty was indeed Born To Run...

Here is what it looked like when I bought it in March of 2012:

e4vctpick3kk.jpg

...And what it currently looks like

wqarbmffzjv8.jpg

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,836
    Enjoy, Rick, nice bike! There's something about buying toys brand new that attaches them to you that much more.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
    869o0iu5h5o0.jpg

icdav9qzkxk1.jpg

e1gi161ultnc.jpg

3l8sop2gc2ss.jpg

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,591
    edited February 2015
    My workbench for replacing the tweeter in my left Magico S5. Turns out, the cross-over was bad. :)

2nxegslojwx2.jpg

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Rick, when you come back, you really come back. Nice bike. Have fun in the spring. How is the Jim Beam and music doing? :)

LOL, and thanks!!

The music is still going strong, but I just finished the Jim Beam. That's OK, I haven't eaten much today (or should I say yesterday?!?!), so I must grab a bite to eat. I'll be playing one more on the main rig, then likely one more in the loft before crashing for the night.

Good to "see" you!!

Rick

dstjpjfijkaj.jpg

• scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,887
    Rick88 wrote: »
    n74vp9zdwjsi.jpg

HOLY FLURKIN' SCHNITT!!
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,887
    Beautiful bikes BTW Rick!! Love the custom seat on your Sportster. Looks absolutely incredible!
  • gfonggfong Posts: 1,077
    edited February 2015
    Diana Ross, Simply outstanding!
    q2pe2mfmot06.jpg

2 of the gorgeous Kate Bush
    wk263yp7vddm.jpg
    kuhzp2m11nnq.jpg

Jerry Hall... love the hair! I miss those big hair years!
    0e1zh6apq5w7.jpg
  • gfonggfong Posts: 1,077
    edited February 2015
    At the track a few years ago, going to get back into it on Spring.
    ed4dkd8dlb53.png
    jj6n5emh3nsp.png

I am with you brother, I have a strong fondness for the afro!! :)B)

Anyone remember this girl? Her name is Hayley Marie Norman, she was one of the original models on Deal Or No Deal (and my favorite). She was also in the hilarious love scene in the trailer with Will Smith in his "superhero" movie (I cannot remember the name right now)...

v8940hcl1w2a.jpg

glurxzz2ry64.jpg

• Erik TracyErik Tracy Posts: 4,691
    scubalab wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    n74vp9zdwjsi.jpg

HOLY FLURKIN' SCHNITT!!

It kinda does look like that... :o

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.