Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    ^^^^^ Sweet! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Set screw terminals on the back of this small welding machine.... Dan and I had the pleasure of hearing what it can do yesterday. Raw friggin power.

That's a BEAST of an amp!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    as9udwnm355f.jpg
    Set screw terminals on the back of this small welding machine.... Dan and I had the pleasure of hearing what it can do yesterday. Raw friggin power.

@lightman1 What speakers?
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    as9udwnm355f.jpg

I always wanted to give one of those a try but when I picked up a pair of these my search was over. Also, check out the binding post on the new versions of the McIntosh amps.

x7q6iywx9n4t.jpg

23yxfmboc0x3.jpg
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    DSkip wrote: »
    GlennDog wrote: »

That's a BEAST of an amp!

140 lbs. I wasn’t blown away by it but it has good sound and can power a city. The guy who bought mine is using it to power a subwoofer. It would be a great solution for a HT enthusiast who wants good 2ch sound as well.

Shut up Skip
  • lightman1
    tratliff wrote: »
    as9udwnm355f.jpg

I always wanted to give one of those a try but when I picked up a pair of these my search was over. Also, check out the binding post on the new versions of the McIntosh amps.

x7q6iywx9n4t.jpg

23yxfmboc0x3.jpg

I like your style....
  • lightman1
    as9udwnm355f.jpg

Bigazz JBL..
    @EndersShadow might know.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    as9udwnm355f.jpg

x7q6iywx9n4t.jpg

23yxfmboc0x3.jpg

Great looking 601's. I went from a pair of mc2500's to a pair of mc1201s which is more than likely my best upgrade ever. As nice as the old monsters were honestly there's no comparison imo to the much quieter newer Mac gear.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2019
    as9udwnm355f.jpg

Bigazz JBL..
    @EndersShadow might know.

I do but only because I got curious after we left.

JBL 250Tis....

https://audio-database.com/JBL/speaker/250ti-e.html

250ti.JPG

Coolest part was on the back...

3.thumb.jpg.2004bb86afe5573e9094dd048656cfb9.jpg

You could adjust everything in the crossover by using different jumpers.

And here’s the crossover info
    57dbdbd93124f_N250TiSchematic.thumb.jpg.8fe2a1d9a4d3aafa4033ea148377511a.jpg

The large-sized floor type speaker system developed as a flag ship model which supplies the technology of Ti series and represents the thought and the technology of a JBL loudspeaker

It calculated to the wide band thoroughly to the location of coexistence of flat frequency characteristic and power response, the phase matching of each unit, the diffraction effect of an enclosure, and a backplane duct, and the form is determined as it.

LE14H-1 which is 38cmSFG Woofer by the Aqua positive compound cone is adopted as low-pass.

20cm cone type 118H developed for 250Ti is adopted as inside low-pass.

104H of a 13cm special polypropylene cone unit is carried in the mid-high range.
    The special filler strip is raising the synthetic for polypropylene to the base sharply. And the same internal loss as polypropylene is maintained.

The 044Ti tweeter which used the pure titanium diaphragm is carried in the high region.
    The original technology of spraying the fault style of high-voltage nitrogen gas has realized dome molding of 25-micron thickness, and the response which was excellent in the origami work of Japan combining the diamond edge pattern and reinforcement rib which obtained the Tips is gained.

The strapping busbar scheme with little tone-quality failure is adopted as an Attenuator.

The round baffle is used for an enclosure in consideration of the influence by the diffraction effect, and high-density particle board is used for the material. Moreover, surface finish is natural teak finish.
    Furthermore, in order to prevent disorder of the response by reflection with a grill frame, the flooring grill using an original floating structure is adopted.

Scheme 3 ways, 3 loudspeaker bass-reflex scheme, and a floor type
    Using unit
    For low-pass: 36cm cone type (LE14H-1)
    For inside low-pass: 20cm cone type (108H)
    For mid-high ranges: 13cm cone type (104H)
    For high regions: Dome shape (044Ti)
    Frequency characteristic 30Hz - -27kHz six dB
    Allowable input (pink noise) 200W
    Impedance 8ohms
    Cross over frequency 400Hz, 1.4kHz, 5.2kHz
    Output sound pressure level 90dB/W/m
    Dimensions Width 572x height 1321x depth of 362mm
    Weight 68kg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Pretty freak’n cool
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Pretty freak’n cool

Yup, they sure were... we got the STORE to flex lol........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • honestaquarian
    g8s2ph6t9q07.png

Oh my god I remember those! They also did an entire lineup of speakers including updated versions of the iconic L-100’s. These were the only JBL’s I actually liked as I was never a fan of the very forward JBL sound. This series kind of toed the line between the classic JBL sound and something more refined and “ audiophile”. The L-100’s threw a nice soundstage and were capable of disappearing with the right electronics.
  • verb
    Man this thing is awesome! Makes my MC300 seem, well, a bit small! But, it is bridgeable! Hmm. Dang! You guys got me thinking again! :smile:
    g6diavm12stl.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    From the MC300 manual:
    ti2eeua50244.png
  • honestaquarian
    Upgradeitis*sic*- A side effect of the dread disease called Audiophilia Nervosa, which is a disease of the wallet. It afflicts mostly the male species (but is not exclusive) and there is no known cure. Some have been known to cure themselves, however their methodology remains suspect and it has been suggested they used a well known method of addictions called “ Transferrence”.
  • verb
    Yep. Unobtainium is another one. Try to find another NOS MC300, to match the one I got! But, I dare say, the search is on! :smile:
  • honestaquarian
    A LOT of audiophiles (snobs) have issues with bridged amps. Besides you would probably have more luck (and more fun) if you found a reputable dealer after another trip to Vegas and trade this one in for a newer model(s)
    OR you could simply be happy with the powerhouse that luck brought your way and spend that money on upgrades to the SRS’s instead 👍🏾😉
  • verb
    A LOT of audiophiles (snobs) have issues with bridged amps. Besides you would probably have more luck (and more fun) if you found a reputable dealer after another trip to Vegas and trade this one in for a newer model(s)
    OR you could simply be happy with the powerhouse that luck brought your way and spend that money on upgrades to the SRS’s instead 👍🏾😉

Yep! All sorts of possibilities for sure! :smile:
  • verb
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    ^^^^^That's an excellent price on a pair of fantastic sounding end game amps and it can be done to. I bought my 1201's last year after I'd been out of work for 3 months. Zero regrets and I'm still amazed daily at the sound they put out through my 1.2tl's. Just do it Verb!
  • verb
    ^^^^^That's an excellent price on a pair of fantastic sounding end game amps and it can be done to. I bought my 1201's last year after I'd been out of work for 3 months. Zero regrets and I'm still amazed daily at the sound they put out through my 1.2tl's. Just do it Verb!

Have to agree that is a great deal! :smile:
  • verb
    Head’s spinning! :smile:
  • honestaquarian
    bgt8pyb9iz97.jpeg

WOW😲 JUST LOOK 👀 AT THOSE BINDING POSTS
  • honestaquarian
    There is a make offer option on there as well ;)
  • verb
    Yes Sir! :smile:
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited March 2019
    That is a great deal on the 1201’s. But I really doubt you need that much power. If McIntosh is your choice take a look at a 452 or a pair of 601’s and use the extra cash for something else.

When I first got my 601’s I also had a SLP-05. It was a nice combo. Just food for thought since you just picked up the Cary. Let me know if you would like to discuss how they worked together.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    verb wrote: »
    Yes Sir! :smile:

Awesome see you there.
  • verb
    That is a great deal on the 1201’s. But I really doubt you need that much power. If McIntosh is your choice take a look at a 452 or a pair of 601’s and use the extra cash for something else.

When I first got my 601’s I also had a SLP-05. It was a nice combo.

Nice! Good to see another Polkie that has already traveled along the same road! :smile: