You've been on Club Polk too long if...

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    Gosh some of you guys are ancient, like pre vbulletin forum ancient

Craziness

Lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    If you remember Candyliquor created the tin foil ear prosthetic for enhanced SDA listening.
    Carl

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    ^^link?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I knew Mark Suskind's father...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    schwarcw wrote: »
    If you remember Candyliquor created the tin foil ear prosthetic for enhanced SDA listening.

Remember how Joe had that prosthetic for his bad ear?

Ron (rsaravan?) The old SL 2000 tweeter with resistor in series trick?

Remember the Polkfest headquarters visit where I introduced myself to someone as Ron and all heads snapped around? Now that was funny!

The SL2000 trick was Candyliquor and it was a 2.2uF capacitor not a resistor. He liked those SL2000's so much he mounted one in the front doors of his car. He also complained to his HOA and police that his neighbors were parking their cars in the street instead of the driveways. I could go on......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    When you could pick up an ELP for less than $400.00

Ha ha....I owned one of those back then.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    I'll bet not many here remember Nascarmann, RIP. Super guy with great sense of humor. I believe he was the first to respond to my first post.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    F1nut wrote: »

The SL2000 trick was Candyliquor and it was a 2.2uF capacitor not a resistor. He liked those SL2000's so much he mounted one in the front doors of his car. He also complained to his HOA and police that his neighbors were parking their cars in the street instead of the driveways. I could go on......

Thanks for correcting my old memory. Yeah, he was a trip you didn't want to go on.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2019
    I’m not as old as most but Gary (TNRabbit) comes to my mind as of late. RIP :cry:

He was a great guy. We talked often about going active..... I was gonna try to find a pair of Carver AL+ and follow in his footsteps.

Hey @nooshinjohn how’s about JinJinku :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Yeah, Gary was a great guy taken from us way too soon. Both Gary's actually. Him and Gary Dodd.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    VR3 wrote: »

Craziness

Lol

Shut up sonny!
    :*
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Craziness

Lol

Shut up sonny!

I know where he lives, Ivan
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    lightman1 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Craziness

Lol

Shut up sonny!

I know where he lives, Ivan

I'm not sure if i should be impressed or scared for you.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,002
    schwarcw wrote: »

I was trying to work in a Candyliquor reference in my OP, but somehow I couldn't think of anything. I had feeling his name would come up in this thread :D

Some good stuff mentioned so far. Some of it I remember and some of it pre-dates me.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,649
    Sad part is I remember lol
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    You've got to save stuff for the future generations.......or it gets lost in the ether.

.tugj3htr1g9y.jpg
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    When Sal would take pics of himself in tiny bathrooms and not talk about the Nissan Leaf
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    You've got to save stuff for the future generations.......or it gets lost in the ether.

.tugj3htr1g9y.jpg

It's the SDA effect simulator module.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'll bet not many here remember Nascarmann, RIP. Super guy with great sense of humor. I believe he was the first to respond to my first post.

You were the first to reply to my first post! Nicely, too, not like some would have people believe...

Doro as mod is a rich memory. He started the "show me your A$$" thread!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    GAWD!

Y'all are kids! KIDS!

I remember when Club Polk was a bulletin board with a pretty banner graphic and had an actual news paper that got MAILED to you through the POST OFFICE!

I still have some of those hanging around in a box somewhere. Especially the one with Micah on the cover lookin' like a hippy of a hobbit.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,002
    Jstas wrote: »
    GAWD!

Y'all are kids! KIDS!

I remember when Club Polk was a bulletin board with a pretty banner graphic and had an actual news paper that got MAILED to you through the POST OFFICE!

I still have some of those hanging around in a box somewhere. Especially the one with Micah on the cover lookin' like a hippy of a hobbit.

Dude, that's awesome.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited March 2019
    I remember Micah.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    46890.jpg

46909.jpg

Scary bunch of dudes like this
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Ya' know, zingo. I think you are the only one here that has a designation of "audiophile". It slipped through 2 different audio forums if memory serves.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    My favorite club polk past time was the BDT, RUSS, MANTIS, LIV4FAM flame threads. Epicness
    Those where the days LOL

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    I've been here so long that the join date is years ahead of when I actually joined.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.