You've been on Club Polk too long if...

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Viking64 wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

Then how did you accumulate 8100 posts? :)
    Laughing at my comments.

Another post LMAO! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    edited December 2019
    You've been here too long if you reply to spammers to get your posts up.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188789/drain-line-block-removal#latest
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    While taking a nap you have this dream that your just reading some posts and all of a sudden, one long time member attacks another long time member that turns into the most brutal verbal attacks ever seen here. :o

Seemed so real, had to get on the computer to see if was real..

Heck of a dream, SHEESH..... :D
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,035
    You've been here too long if you've tried stacked sda's...... >:)
    7xm50sbhcj7v.png
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Ugh
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    I'm guilty of doing that. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Tony M wrote: »

You're guilty of doing 4 layers of that. :p
  • motorstereo

Ok then; have you ever done this? That's a pair of klh 12's on top of those 2.3s.
    9ojqw0lohp8g.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    You been here too long if you remember the days BEFORE Jesse became a vampire. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb

OMG I have my CRS's on top of the SRS's! And I'm new! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    edited December 2019
    Yes but that's because you need a bigger house! You can move them to the new garage when it's done though...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Yes but that's because you need a bigger house! You can move them to the new garage when it's done though...

Exactly! Just there for storage! :smile:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874

Ok then; have you ever done this? That's a pair of klh 12's on top of those 2.3s.
    9ojqw0lohp8g.png

Now that. That right there. That's crazy.

KLH 12s were pretty beefy loudspeakers (and not all that common, either).

:|
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Stacking SDA's? I remember at a certain Carverfest, we did that just for S'ts and G'les. 2-1.2TL's stacked one upon another....or something like that. It was just as stupid as having 3 Carver speakers side by side in stereo.

Platinum, ALS and then a AL3 for one channel...in stereo. Sounded like crap for a purist but was a once in a lifetime experience for those that were there. Closest thing to an actual concert that one could have without actually being at said concert.

I was lucky enough to experience both.

Well, that and a Polk speaker experience that many will NEVER hear. I forget what speakers but it was with good gear. Outside on a deck that overlooked the mountains. Nothing on each side of the speakers. 4 feet away from the speakers as if we were nearfeild.

To this day, I have never heard such a good sound stage.....and I have heard well over million dollar systems.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Stacking SDA's?
    To this day, I have never heard such a good sound stage.....and I have heard well over million dollar systems.

Tom

ask Russman about my parts express 150.00, coaxial rock speakers open air no boundaries experience completley mind blowing good sound for 150.00
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    sorry just reminded me of that night and how a cheap set up blew our skirts up
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • treitz3
    Knowing you......I do NOT doubt your experience. It was the same for me.

Sometimes it's not about the gear or money. It's about the "magic".

I am planning on making a thread about just that soon. I just need to gather my thoughts on the subject.

Good to hear from you again bro'!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2019
    I remember that CF,, Brock and Jerry stacked em,, I could say more but I wont
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • treitz3
    ....in Brock's cabin.

G...why do you not speak anymore bro'? You have been there, done that....slacker.

BTW, I miss you and the other half. Greatly. Merry Christmas and if we don't GTG here? Hit me up on other avenues you slackers...

Tom
  • treitz3
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    Ask Russman about my parts express 150.00, coaxial rock speakers open air no boundaries experience completley mind blowing good sound for 150.00

RuSsMaN.......

Do tell 'hautch!

Tom

• Merry Christmas Tom and family,, you still have the Dodd?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • treitz3
    Yes sir.

Tom
  • motorstereo
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

9ojqw0lohp8g.png

Now that. That right there. That's crazy.

KLH 12s were pretty beefy loudspeakers (and not all that common, either).

:|

Lol; that was about 15 years ago and I hoisted those heavy buggers up there alone; contour boxes and all. That's something I'm no longer capable of or have the desire to attempt. I had forgotten all about doing that till this thread and I started looking back at the nonsensical setups that I tried in the past. That one has to be the worst configuration.
    I don't feel quite so bad now though knowing that I'm not the only one to have ventured into stacking sda's.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited December 2019
    I remember being here under 2 different posting names, but after numerous issues signing on the first time, just gave up for a year or so.....

The 2nd time, Ken S hugely tried to help me, but to no avail, and came back again as this name.
    But never was banned as some had surmised, but just a casualty of the forum software.

So a total of about 10 years, but under 3 names, but can not remember the first 2 at all, and found MOST older posts are gone anways...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    I met my fiance(financé) because of this stupid God forsaken forum.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    lightman1 wrote: »

You and K_M are getting hitched???? :p

I need your address....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Shoot me a PM...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    lightman1 wrote: »

I HAVE got to hear this story....

Ryan spill it!

If Kelly can hold her liquor half as well as Sasquatch it's gonna be a long fun night LOL