Group-buy-2019-dreadnought-avel-lindberg-1000va-isolation-transformers

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Man, was it really 2014 when that all enemy down? Seems like yesterday...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Hey Neil good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Yes this one has been smooth so far we had some great folks in this one and some repeats from yours as well.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    It’s good to see y’all. The past year has been a wild ride. We bought the house and then decided to re-do the entire thing! So 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, 4 bedrooms, a living room and dining room later, I’m here to say hi! Haven’t been very focused on audio with all that’s been going on. But the interior work is just about done, now is the fun part - the pool and the landscaping!

Just for kicks I went back through that mess of a group buy thread. It gets interesting again on page 12 when he pipes back in. I forgot about the whole part where he called AL directly and tried to muscle his way into the group but through back channels. And then he accused me of only being in it for the air miles. All $52 worth. And that led me to a Githens donation as a result. Definitely an entertaining read!

I miss George Grand. In fact, that’s worthy of a new thread....
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Good to see you Neil. Yeah, that was head-shaking stuff handled superbly by you. The guy's immodest self-destruction is pretty hilarious in retrospect (also illustrates the shift in admin since that time IMO).

I hope you'll return often. You are responsible for several positive steps in my audio journey.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Wow Neil I had forgotten how much of a jerk that guy was and yes indeed you did handle it superbly. Thanks to that group purchase that you handled so well for us I've been able to use and enjoy monoblocks on my 1.2s ever since. It's been a few years since that group buy but my ears still thank you.
  • nspindel
    Wow Neil I had forgotten how much of a jerk that guy was and yes indeed you did handle it superbly. Thanks to that group purchase that you handled so well for us I've been able to use and enjoy monoblocks on my 1.2s ever since. It's been a few years since that group buy but my ears still thank you.

Yeah, that was one for the books! Glad the Dread is still keeping a smile on your face!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Received mine today!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!! >:)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Any updates on when these are expected to ship?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Any updates on when these are expected to ship?

14 weeks from the order. Probably another month.
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    I just bought DollarDave's CRS+ 4.1TLs. Before that, had no need of a Dreadnought. But, it appears it could put the icing on my "sound cake". I don't suppose there's any way to add me to the order this late?
  • pitdogg2
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    I just bought DollarDave's CRS+ 4.1TLs. Before that, had no need of a Dreadnought. But, it appears it could put the icing on my "sound cake". I don't suppose there's any way to add me to the order this late?

No order has been sent long ago we are now waiting for them to be delivered. Some of us will have an 800va tranny to sell so stay tuned.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dr_Wu wrote: »

No order has been sent long ago we are now waiting for them to be delivered. Some of us will have an 800va tranny to sell so stay tuned.

Yup, if you are patient enough I'd imagine quite a few of us will be looking to move our 800va's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Just in case anyone on this thread did not see this in the FS section

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/185715/dreadnought-case-sdas/p1

Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • audioluvr

Just bought these for my soon to be new dreadnought IC's

6p70np6dhha5.jpg

I absolutely love the neutral clarity of these cables. Been watching for a good deal on another set on eBay to complete the connections. Hard to believe these are only their 5th best cables!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2019
    Sweet Mini Eclipse 8 nice why not go all out, bet you cant wait to get your dreadnought up and running. I dont know yet what I'm going use got a spare pair of wireworld Solstice, but still undecided.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • audioluvr
    Chomping at the bit actually! I read a review on these when I was shopping for upgrade cables and the reviewer compared them to his Nordst Odin reference cables. Then when Skip recommended them I was sold. Had my eye on a set on eBay anyway so I jumped. I know it might be overkill for the SDA IC's but what the heck. Just money. I can always make more.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited March 2019
    Yeah I got a 800 VA like you do, l'm looking forward to comparing the two.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • audioluvr
    edited March 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    I finally feel like I reached the limits of the Equinox Speaker Cables. It took a $70,000 front end to get there...

That's quite impressive for an entry level audiophile cable!
    DSkip wrote: »
    I always have a pair of Mini Eclipse laying around though. It’s a thinner gauge than the Equinox but considered a higher model. /quote]

I think somewhere I read the Equinox originally were made with OFC but just recently changed to OCC.
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Thanks Skip. Contacted Wireworld about this and they said that the Eclipse lineup is cosmetic. Actual performance is in this link.

http://www.wireworldcable.com/speaker-cables.html#quickcomp_speak
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• nspindel
    gudnoyez wrote: »

I remember doing this comparison, thinking to myself "how much difference could it possibly make?" I was very surprised at how much better the 1000VA was!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    nspindel wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »

I remember doing this comparison, thinking to myself "how much difference could it possibly make?" I was very surprised at how much better the 1000VA was!

This^^^^^^^^^

• Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    nspindel wrote: »
    Fun times - can we rename this thread "Group Buys Gone Wild!" The action starts on page 8 towards the bottom. If anyone wants to see a case study in how to get yourself banned from Club Polk, here it is:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/162344/dreadnaught-avel-lindberg-1000va-transformer-group-buy/p8

Hah! Sorry to have been the instigator in all that...
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • audioluvr
    edited March 2019
    Getting ready! Just built the Wireworld Mini- Eclipse interconnect cables. Come on A/L!

k80b2u91wzfc.jpeg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• pitdogg2
    Sweet in with 54
  • audioluvr
    Auditioning them now on the 800va Dreadnought. REALLY nice! Sorry Dog, I'll be moving the old stuff to the barn for my 2.3's
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• vcwatkins
    Hey folks, I haven't heard anything from A-L on expected shipment dates. Typically, they don't give a heads-up before completion but, just out of the blue, start sending out tracking emails. Since this Thursday is the end of week 14, I'll check in with them today to see if they can update.

Craig
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • vcwatkins
    I'm afraid the news is not good:

cqz0xrn3px0b.jpg
    50% longer production time, sigh. Since this is a dramatically different deal than what group members were buying into, I will buy out any members who are not willing to wait until mid-June. Please PM me if you want out.

So sorry about this guys,

Craig
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Well @vcwatkins , not your fault. Mid June it is. Thanks for doing everything for us!!!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's