Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I see that the recently fired Packers coach Mike McCarthy is in the news today for causing a ruckus at a high school basketball game that his stepson was in. Something about following the ref after the game which his stepson's team lost by one point and using language they never heard or want to hear in that gym. Sounds like athletic director filed charges against him or something. Stay classy big guy.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I guess he may have consumed a few 40 oz'ers in the parking lot before the game.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I saw Mike McCarthy at a live taping of a local TV show at Lambeau around Christmas of 2007. We sat about 15 feet in front of him. He seemed like a decent guy, although he was new to that job at the time.

Over the years he seems to have slowly become less and less content since the Super Bowl win. This last season particularly so. It is as if he is now overcome by bitterness and frustration. Guess which Nazareth song that is from? :p
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    dromunds wrote: »
    Miss Misery?

Correct.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Ol Mike McCarthy is going to be angry for quite some time I'm sure. Everybody around him better watch out.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I heard it was his temper that cost him the gig in Lambeau.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Even though I hate the packers more than any other team. His record speaks for itself. Funny nobody picked him up for a head coach jobs. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Dabutcher
    edited March 2019
    Clay Mathews to the Rams. Respect his skill set. Hate him because he’s a Packer and I think he plays dirty sometimes?
    Peace. D
    https://news.yahoo.com/clay-matthews-comes-home-rams-joins-veterans-love-000651319--nfl.html
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • dromunds
    As a Packer fan I was not a happy camper when I heard that news, although Packer fans were expecting it. He only had 3 sacks last year - but he's known for big plays at crucial times, like stripping the ball and then recovering it himself for example. He's a bit long in the tooth at 32 but the Packers have been saying for years they were going to get someone to bookend with him, and they never did squat. Now, the Packers sign two free agent edge rushers and what do they do? They let Clay Mathews go the Rams. At least he didn't go to the Vikings, or the Bears. Lol. What hurts the most is that I heard Clay turned down more money from the Packers to go to the Rams. Ok- he lives near the Rams workout facility, I get that - but it also sends a message that the Packer organization is not someone he really wants to work for. That'll make all y'all that hate the Packers happy. But its not a good sign for us here in Titletown. But regardless, teams are paying stupid money for guys, like Randall Cobb with Dallas most recently from the Packers. Cobb was hurt all the time since signing his big contract with the Packers. And look at all the QBs that got stupid money last year, mostly guaranteed, and then how many got hurt almost immediately or didn't do squat anyway.
  • nooshinjohn
    And just like that, the AAF is consigned to the failure pile...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Anyone else watching the NFL Draft?

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2019
    We are.

I love hearing the boo's when Goodell gets up on stage. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    The Giants just picked a dud...

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    The Giants just picked a dud...

Giants have made a number of head scratch'er moves of recent
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    The Giants made a MASSIVE mistake bringing Gettleman back.

He is all wrong in the head.
  • nooshinjohn
    Loved seeing the big dude almost drop Goodell on his pompous a$$...

• nooshinjohn
    I like the Vikings pick... looks to be the best center on the board and exactly what they needed.

• nooshinjohn
    edited May 2019
    Looking at the Vikings and their cap situation got me thinking... If I were a certain NFL quarterback with a bit of an image problem because I can't win a game when it really counts, and I suck in clutch situations, I think I might approach the team and voluntarily renegotiate my contract to give my team perhaps 7 million of the 30 mil I am scheduled to make and free up some cap space.

I would see that such an effort would show that I am about winning and helping my team win, which is why they paid me so much in the first place. It would show the guys in that locker room that I have their backs, and it might inspire them to have mine in return. I would show the fans that I care about this team, it's future and the city/state I now call home....

Wait a second.... what am I thinking! It's all about ME!

Kirk Cousins... the reason he will never be a winner is he has yet to grasp the fact that there is no "I" in "TEAM". The best thing that could happen for the Vikings is if he get's busted for heroin possession and they can invoke the morals-clause in his expensive but worthless contract.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Sounds like a page taken from Tom Brady's playbook. Thankfully there's 18 other qb's out there that don't quite grasp the concept either which give the Pat's yet another advantage before they even step on the field. Go Kirk Cousins; it's all about you and not your team.
  • Upstatemax
    Would you willingly seek out a $7 million pay cut?

I don’t blame him at all for taking the $$. That’s his and his family’s future.

I blame idiot GM’s that hand out that kind of cash to players that are not worth it without a plan to deal with cap space issues that are GOING to come up when one player is taking in that much $$$$.

The open market is simply very favorable to QB’s right now.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2019
    By the time he gets done paying taxes on that salary in Minnesota, his net loss would be about 2.5million... chump change when you have 100million in the bank. His deal could be reworked so that his full salary would be payable if he or the team hits certain goals, such as winning the NFC Championship or if he finally beats a team with a winning record....

There are any number of ways things could be shuffled around so that he gets his full guarantee while still benefitting the team.

And yes... Speilman and company are idiots for making that deal. 30 million could have given them a stud offensive line and the weapons needed to give Case Kenum or Teddy Bridgewater a shot at a Superbowl. By the time this mess cleaned up, the Vikings will be in a full rebuild mode yet again with nothing to show for it.

• Dabutcher
    edited May 2019
    A guy told me Kirk lives next door to his sister here near the new training facility in IGH. She custom built her house to help her special needs child. He told me I’d be surprised that he lives in a 1.5 million or less new house. Considering how much money he makes? Maybe he has houses elsewhere too?
    Peace. D
  • dromunds
    Say what you want about Brett Favre, but just about every year he would renegotiate his contract with the Packers so that the team could deal with salary cap issues. As John said, there are a number of ways things can be shuffled around. Drew Brees took less money last year IIRC so they'd have a shot at the SB, and they should've been there but for a major screwup by the so-called refs. I've said it before and I'll say it again, as Upstatemax said above also, idiot GM's get in a psychological thing where they think they have to pay this insane money to one player. Look at Aaron Rodgers, who signed his big guaranteed deal right after Cousins.... The Packers sucked worse last year after Rodgers signed the big deal than the year before when Rodgers was hurt most of the year. Yeah, money well spent there. Will Rodgers make a big comeback this year with a new coach? Maybe if the O-line stays completely healthy, but if not there's no depth because the GM doesn't even seem to have the common sense to protect his $100 million plus investment. Its common around the league overpaying these prima donna QBs while failing to provide in the trenches.
  • Dabutcher
    I think Rogers is the highest paid player in the NFL. Injury prone to boot! His salary is twenty percent of the salary cap. Watch the Bears defensive line give him fits this year!
    Go Bears!
    Love yours. D
  • Upstatemax
    Russell Wilson just took his highest paid player crown, IIRC...
  • Dabutcher
    Are you ready for some Football!
    First game this year is Packers vs Bears on Thursday Night Football. Both teams are celebrating 100 years in the NFL. The games oldest rivalry!
    Go Bears!
    Love yours. D
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im ready! Had two FF drafts this weekend. Let's go!
  • nooshinjohn
    I have my trepidations this season after watching Kissing Cousins attempting to play QB yesterday... the Vikings look like yet another shitshow this year.

• I’d be happy if the Browns made the post season for a change; best shot at it in years but lots of football to be played.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant