PSW125 Problems: Periodic Humming, Static and Heartbeat Noises

13»

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,841
    Stop spamming our forum.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,841
    ^^ Again, this was directed toward a spammer that was posting links for people to click on, not at anyone having a discussion in this thread.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • rvs007rvs007 Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I started noticing the dreaded heartbeat noise a week or so ago with my PSW125. Found this thread when I was googling for a solution. I thought I was covered by the 5 year warranty (it was purchased in March 2014 from Best Buy Canada) but to my dismay, the amplifier is only covered for 3 years. Shameful that Polk Audio wouldn't cover all aspect of their product with the 5 year warranty. It's like they know the amplifier would fail first beyond 3 years.

I see some older posts recommending to contact someone at soundunited.com? Is that still the course of action for Canadian customers? Moderator can you post the latest contact information for getting the heartbeat issue fixed?

Thank you.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,600
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • Hi,
    I got Polk Subwoofer Model PSW125 and its not turning on.
    Initially Fuse got blown and replaced it .
    Now fuse is ok ,but the SubWoofer won't power on.
    Not sure on the issue.
    Any suggestions.
    Highly appreciated for your help.

Thank you
    Arulcckprbzo7l5w.jpeg
  • affnaffaffnaff Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a similar issue. started about 6 years since purchased:

If you want to listen to the sound. First 10 seconds is a low volume, last 10 seconds at higher volume.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j20xwkcoz4jtgrf/PWS125 Noise Inssue.mp3?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic
  • curglecurgle Posts: 1
    I have a PSW111 sub which has also begun making the heartbeat noise. Started infrequently but is now consistent and the sub is unusable. Seems this is a known issue???? What is the best course of action?

I'm in Canada (Toronto).

Appreciate any information or recommendations!
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,971
    Try contacting the Canadian distributor for Polk to see if a replacement amp is available.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• stjen666stjen666 Posts: 1
    Hi, PSW125 makes all sorts of weird noises if powered up. No audio connections just power. Bought at future shop not sure when definitely more than 3 years serial number AM122511042. How do I get this fixed?
  • mfd4843mfd4843 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have a Polk PSW110. It started with the heartbeat sound about a week ago. Now I am also getting what I've heard referred to as a 60hz hum. The hum comes and goes, but the heartbeat sound is constant. It doesn't change in loudness if you turn the volume up or down. Is Polk doing anything for this, or is it just too late. Any information would be appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Michael
    5/21/2019