Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    They were under-inflated. Making them easier to throw, catch and handle. :D

It's been on the record now that the ball guy took them into a porta-john to let air out. On cold day games, who wouldn't want a softer football to handle? But there is a standard pressure.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Tony M wrote: »
    They were under-inflated. Making them easier to throw, catch and handle. :D

It's been on the record now that the ball guy took them into a porta-john to let air out. On cold day games, who wouldn't want a softer football to handle? But there is a standard pressure.

But on a cold day...aren't all balls under-inflated :D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Can't compare an individual player using PED's to a coach stealing plays from opposing teams, or to their QB deliberately altering footballs. Here's the list...
    https://www.elitedaily.com/sports/history-new-england-patriots-allegedly-cheating/910436

And for what it's worth, I think players that get caught doping should be disciplined a bit more severely than a 4 game suspension. Teams that get caught placing bounties on the heads of opposing players for the purpose of causing severe injury should have any and all personnel involved in the scheme banned from the sport for life and those participants criminally charged for assault and battery.

I also believe convicted felons should be barred from taking the field for life.

A few footballs out of several were slightly, SLIGHTLY, over inflated in a game were it wouldn't have mattered if he was using a Nerf...that's your basis for cheating? Really? That may be a new definition for ignorance, or hating.
    And that’s why Brady and a few others lost their text messages, they lost draft picks, suspended for a few games to start the season, and fined a huge amount of money... just so you can call me ignorant and a hater. I had no idea I had that kind of pull with the league office. Maybe next year I will just ask for some Super Bowl tickets.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    edited February 2019
    Please cite for me where, in any of my posts, I said I was ok with my team cheating. I said that I despise cheating in any form. I would rather my team lose honorably than win with a bunch of asterisks next to their title.

Lol well ok Dudley Do-Right you must hate everyone in every sport known to man cuz they all do it in one form or another because "if ya ain't cheatin ya ain't competin"

I'll use our beloved hobby as a quick example; Tell me you've never exaggerated the truth on an expensive piece of equipment to your significant other or exceeded the posted speed limit to acquire it or perhaps sold a piece of equipment and didn't report it as income on your taxes?

Get over it and please post your favorite team's rap sheet while you're at it. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2019
    You need to learn how to construct a better argument than all those straw men you threw out there. I don’t share your cynical world view, but the whole “if you ain’t cheatin’l thing.... if you believe that, I can only surmise that you have applied it at some point as well. Remind me never to play poker with you.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Gentlemen, chill out it's only a game.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    Agreed Jesse; it is only a game. Time for me to go hunt for a civilized cable conversation :)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    https://yourteamcheats.com/

Football...gotta love it ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Lol well ok Dudley Do-Right you must hate everyone in every sport known to man cuz they all do it in one form or another because "if ya ain't cheatin ya ain't competin"

I'll use our beloved hobby as a quick example; Tell me you've never exaggerated the truth on an expensive piece of equipment to your significant other or exceeded the posted speed limit to acquire it or perhaps sold a piece of equipment and didn't report it as income on your taxes?

Get over it and please post your favorite team's rap sheet while you're at it. :)

Sooo, you don't mind cheatin' as long as it makes you compete ? Is that what you tell your kids ? C'mon man...you know that ain't right.

BTW...It's not required, by law, to report sales of used gear between private parties. Least not in this state...yet. ;)

As far as the game goes, Patriots were simply better prepared. Rams didn't adjust and stayed with a losing game plan until the 4th quarter when Goff got his confidence back from being beaten into the ground so many times.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im ready for baseball season!
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^I'm not a competitor although I do hit the gym regularly and have for the past 40 years. I'm also not naive enough to think that cheating doesn't go on in pretty much every sport out there including the gym. As mrbiron's post shows they all do it in the NFL. I worked for a company in the past that ran 2 modifieds on the tour and that's where I first heard the phrase "if you ain't cheatin you ain't competin". I can tell you firsthand there's plenty of cheating going on in the racing world. As far as me telling my kids it's ok no sir I don't condone cheating but I didn't sugarcoat the world for them either.

As far as not reporting earnings of any type lucky for you don't live in Connectitax where the latest thing is they're considering taxing groceries. They'd love to get their money grubbing mitts on cash exchanging hands privately.

I agree with you the Pats were better prepared and also played a better game. But then again the Rams shouldn't have even been in Atlanta. Imo that overlooked call wasn't about cheating as it was about large amounts of cash changing hands. A more honorable coach might've said we're not flying to Atlanta based on that call. Replace that official and we'll do sudden death ot for a true winner. The Saints were robbed and we can only speculate what the outcome might've been
  • Please cite for me where, in any of my posts, I said I was ok with my team cheating. I said that I despise cheating in any form. I would rather my team lose honorably than win with a bunch of asterisks next to their title.

450wy6lbv17v.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    When your stud running back Gurley has 10 carries for 35 yards and your stud defensive lineman Donald has one solo tackle and no sacks you cannot expect to win. Game set match. Not to mention your receivers drop potential touchdowns. Just can't do that in the Super Bowl and expect to win. Plus, the Patriots' offensive coordinator called a brilliant game.
  • A more honorable coach might've said we're not flying to Atlanta based on that call. Replace that official and we'll do sudden death ot for a true winner.

Well .... just a second ....

Barkeep ! I'll have what he is drinking, and make it a double.

...I don't want to dampen anyone's spirit but I have to let you know: the Easter Bunny isn't real. :o There's been studies done and everything. :'(

cj86tc76nydn.png

WHOA !! Okay, okay, the Easter Bunny IS real !!!

Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Where's the Nike's?
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • nooshinjohn
    Caught some of it so far, and it's worse than this years superbowl, with the exception of there having been a couple of big plays in this one. Other than that, a root canal while watching paint dry is more entertaining.

• Tony M
    Who designs these uniforms? That previous league had some strange outfits too I think. These uniforms drive me crazy! My step daughters high school football teams uniforms look better than these to me. Again...who got paid to design these things?

I was hoping for something better than that last league but it does look the same. It's football though. Something to drink too maybe?
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Looks like Kaepernick has reached a settlement with the NFL. Rumor has it for 60-80 million.
    Love yours. D
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/colin-kaepernick-reaches-a-settlement-with-the-nfl-over-alleged-blackballing-for-anthem-protests
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Fins need to let Tannehill go and call it a day on that failed experiment. My early prediction for them is a 6-10 or 5-11 type season. It’s painful being a Fins fan....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Tony M
    Roger Goodell is the reason they settled.

I saw some commentators say the NFL just wanted Kaepernick to go away! He was like a horse fly that kept buzzing around. A big PITA!
  • Dabutcher
    He will probly play for a team next season too? The Packers could use a good backup next time Rodgers goes down?
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    He would be a great fit for the Packers IMHO...

• Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Back-up for the Patriots or the Rams.

If he puts on an NFL uniform, he has to repay the NFL what he just got then.

I wonder if that woman who had very hot coffee spill in her lap and sued McDonald's ever bought another cup of coffee from the drive-thru again?

Seems like the same scenario.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    …...
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Jason Witten returning to Cowboys
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Dabutcher
    Was he retired? Good for him. D
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    He was in the ESPN booth last season.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |