Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Suck it Enders!

Brady...GOAT!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    WTF is the press doing... Like rabid dogs
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • I got my 250, great game!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2019
    Quick math lesson:

In the past 17 years, New England has won...

12 CHAMPIONSHIPS

ji4hhfaf8jxa.gif
    Post edited by obieone on
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • obieone wrote: »
    Quick math lesson:

In the past 19 years, New England has won...

12 CHAMPIONSHIPS

ji4hhfaf8jxa.gif

I proclaim thee Title Town. Sorry Green Bay.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    woot.
    that is all.
  • Yueck.

The credit belongs to the defense on this one.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    This public service reminder of how bad your NFL franchise sucks has once again been brought to you by the New England Patriots.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I think the N.E. punter should be MVP! Not Edelman.

How many records were broken. One I think.

Longest Punt! By the Rams Punter. YEA! :D That was an exciting roll wasn't it?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2019
    MVP was a tough one. Nothing really stood out like a sore thumb. Like someone mentioned, probably NE defense as a whole. Other than that I was thinking Edelman or Gronk because it seemed like they were the only ones making plays. Brady just didn't do enough.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    MVP was a tough one. Nothing really stood out like a sore thumb. Like someone mentioned, probably NE defense as a whole. Other than that I was thinking Edelman or Gronk because it seemed like they were the only ones making plays. Brady just didn't do enough.

Correction, they, including Brady, did just enough. People just don't appreciate good defense.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Well therein lies the problem with an award such as the MVP. It has to be whittled down to just one guy, which is pretty silly actually.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Well therein lies the problem with an award such as the MVP. It has to be whittled down to just one guy, which is pretty silly actually.

Yep... everyone gets a trophy these days.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Rams got to the Super Bowl running the ball. Gurley was definitely hurt the last few weeks. All LA football teams have a lot of trouble selling out stadiums. Why do you think they leave? Most boring Super Bowl ever with two boring teams. Now comes the most boring part of winter for me. No more football.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    What an amazing turnaround for the Pats from how they played earlier in the season. I don't think anyone (including me) expected them to make it to the bowl let alone win it all once again.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Best part of this Superbowl for me....

Gladys singing the national anthem

Nfl's 100th anniversary commercial
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Honestly, didn't give a s***. It's done, forget about it.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Rams got to the Super Bowl running the ball. Gurley was definitely hurt the last few weeks. All LA football teams have a lot of trouble selling out stadiums. Why do you think they leave? Most boring Super Bowl ever with two boring teams. Now comes the most boring part of winter for me. No more football.
    Love yours. D

Nope. Rams got into the superbowl by not having two severely missed penalties not called upon them. Enough said. I really don't care who was in the superbowl, or who wins. But to say that there weren't missed calls in the Saints Rams game is ridiculous. Honestly, I gave up on watching football back when Tony Dorsett was still playing. I hope others enjoy it though.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    jhqwip32g8qx.jpg

Haters gonna hate...
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    My Man Mahomes!

Maybe next year! ;)

u67xbtl2lq6r.png
    n3ms7y7oqkj6.png
    hx448m71axlt.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^I also thought the Chiefs had a great shot at going all the way. Too bad they had to play the Patriots twice and lose both times.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    jhqwip32g8qx.jpg

Haters gonna hate...
    Everyone hates a winner....especially that Viking guy who disappeared...waa waa waaah.

• nooshinjohn
    I love winners, I look up to them in fact... I despise those that cheat to win.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Everyone hates a winner....especially that Viking guy who disappeared...waa waa waaah.

You were the one doing the crying. :p
  • motorstereo
    I love winners, I look up to them in fact... I despise those that cheat to win.

WOW!! no player on your favorite team has ever been suspended for using performance enhancing drugs? What team might that be that does no wrong; or better wording might be doesn't get caught doing it?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2019
    Can't compare an individual player using PED's to a coach stealing plays from opposing teams, or to their QB deliberately altering footballs. Here's the list...
    https://www.elitedaily.com/sports/history-new-england-patriots-allegedly-cheating/910436

And for what it's worth, I think players that get caught doping should be disciplined a bit more severely than a 4 game suspension. Teams that get caught placing bounties on the heads of opposing players for the purpose of causing severe injury should have any and all personnel involved in the scheme banned from the sport for life and those participants criminally charged for assault and battery.

I also believe convicted felons should be barred from taking the field for life.

• motorstereo
    ^^^^^Again; who's your favorite team? I'm guessing they're squeaky clean but could post their rap sheet as well because we do want to be fair. Hmmm using PED's isn't cheating? Check again; that extra 20lbs of muscle or shaving a few 1/10s off a 50 yard dash is more often than not the difference between winning and losing. It most certainly is cheating that's why there's random testing.
  • nooshinjohn
    Please cite for me where, in any of my posts, I said I was ok with my team cheating. I said that I despise cheating in any form. I would rather my team lose honorably than win with a bunch of asterisks next to their title.

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Can't compare an individual player using PED's to a coach stealing plays from opposing teams, or to their QB deliberately altering footballs. Here's the list...
    https://www.elitedaily.com/sports/history-new-england-patriots-allegedly-cheating/910436

And for what it's worth, I think players that get caught doping should be disciplined a bit more severely than a 4 game suspension. Teams that get caught placing bounties on the heads of opposing players for the purpose of causing severe injury should have any and all personnel involved in the scheme banned from the sport for life and those participants criminally charged for assault and battery.

I also believe convicted felons should be barred from taking the field for life.

A few footballs out of several were slightly, SLIGHTLY, over inflated in a game were it wouldn't have mattered if he was using a Nerf...that's your basis for cheating? Really? That may be a new definition for ignorance, or hating.