A McIntosh in Verb's House!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Tell him make it $500 and he can have it back. Unless you are enamored with it's sound quality, then tell him sorry.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Tell him make it $500 and he can have it back. Unless you are enamored with it's sound quality, then tell him sorry.

Don't do this... Better to just tell him no and move on. Trying to gouge the guy for more money is kind of a douchebag move IMHO. If the guy OFFERS, on his own, more money, then it's your call on that one.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Ok fine, for an extra $1k he can have it back.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Guy probably realizes he sold it too cheap. Trying to buy it back from you so he can re-sell for more.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Guy probably realizes he sold it too cheap. Trying to buy it back from you so he can re-sell for more.

truer words could never of been said....

he's betting your dumber than he was. tell him you have sand and instructions if he needs some.

KEEP IT !!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I see the MC300 retailed for 4G's when they were produced in the late 90's. Hopefully you got a heck of a deal and by the sound of the sellers remorse you sure did. FWIW it's darn near impossible to get a good deal on any Mac gear through craigslist or anywhere for that matter. My advice would be to keep it and enjoy it for many years.
  • Waitaminute
    Didn’t you describe this guy as sort of an audio hoarder who hadn’t even opened the box after he bought it?
    The only remorse he could possibly be having is a hoarders reflexive response to missing something that they never even used. THEY MUST HAVE IT DESPITE HAVING NO USE FOR OR NEVER EVEN HAVING USED SOMETHING
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Tell them you agree to sell it back for what you paid for it. Tell them that it's ready to ship and you will have tracking information soon. When they relist it for sale for $1000 more than the previous time, take a screenshot of the new ad and e-mail it to them with one word: "SUCKER!" :p
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    THEY MUST HAVE IT DESPITE HAVING NO USE FOR OR NEVER EVEN HAVING USED SOMETHING

This happens to me with women all the time. :o
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Viking64 wrote: »
    THEY MUST HAVE IT DESPITE HAVING NO USE FOR OR NEVER EVEN HAVING USED SOMETHING

This happens to me with women all the time. :o

I can totally see that! :smile:
    p8ndgqnfjuq9.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    edited January 2019
    Waitaminute
    Didn’t you describe this guy as sort of an audio hoarder who hadn’t even opened the box after he bought it?
    The only remorse he could possibly be having is a hoarders reflexive response to missing something that they never even used. THEY MUST HAVE IT DESPITE HAVING NO USE FOR OR NEVER EVEN HAVING USED SOMETHING

Yep. He supposedly has a bunch of unopened boxes of McIntosh stuff! :smile:
    Post edited by verb on
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Dogg,
    Keep the lines of communication open and flowing . . .
    You wanna upgrade, right? Of course you do! This is your play:
    See what other great Schiite he's got, and trade-up to the next level

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Dogg,
    Keep the lines of communication open and flowing . . .
    You wanna upgrade, right? Of course you do! This is your play:
    See what other great Schiite he's got, and trade-up to the next level

Yep. When I bought the piece, he invited me back to a listening session get together with his other buddies. His group does a quarterly thing, different guys houses, we'll see. That's my in! :smile:
  • I’m not sure I’d want to go that route with him if he really is a hoarder. He might end up doing the exact same thing again. Sell it and then regret it and want it back even though he’s never even used it (and probably doesn’t even have any plans for it) Who wants to deal with that????
    I mean if you did want to go that route I’d ask what he wanted to do with this amp or any of the other gear he has. What was the reason for selling it?
  • verb
    I hear ya my brother! We'll see. I'm pretty easy going. But this particular piece of his legacy, is mine! :smile:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    verb wrote: »
    I hear ya my brother! We'll see. I'm pretty easy going. But this particular piece of his legacy, is mine! :smile:

He doesn't know where you live, right?

:*
  • verb
    Nope! :smile: I see where you're going Doc! 2nd amendment in full force at Verb's house! :smile:
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

He doesn't know where you live, right?

:*

I dunno, there's a BirdDogg in 'da house that works on commish

JK!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2019
    -- and cement, chains, and hawser prices are still very reasonable.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Tell him that you been meaning to get ahold of him cause the thing caught fire and caused about $10,000 dollars in damage to your basement. Maybe he'll through in a replacement! MUUAAHHAAHHAAHHAAAAAA!!!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    Um, that was the Monoprice Amp! McIntosh, Monoprice, semantics! :smile:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I just have 2 questions.
    1. Where do you work?
    2. Are they hiring?

LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • verb
    edited February 2019
    Hint: We have a proving grounds in Yuma AZ! :smile:
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    F O R D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    audioluvr wrote: »
    F O R D

yeah -- he's deep undercover.
  • Seriously nice amp, keep her.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • Oh shoot...I thought that would make it past you! :)
    What about our antique cars? her or it ?
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2019
    Manticore wrote: »
    Oh shoot...I thought that would make it past you! :)
    What about our antique cars? her or it ?

I suggest asking the car what pronouns they prefer. Don’t assume anything. They might prefer to be called an automobile, or truck. Some may even be offended by the abbreviation of their name. SUV’s for instance, may prefer to be called by their full name, Sport Utility Vehicle...

And let’s not even get into the various makes and models. That’s where things get really complicated.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    *They.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.