Dreadnought Case Interest Check...

So with the Group-buy-2019-dreadnought-avel-lindberg-1000va-isolation-transformers I figured I would start a new thread to see who is all going to be wanting one, and see if it's going to be worth running them, I will do my best to keep the same cost as the last runs, but aluminum has gone up since the tariffs as well as Black Anodizing that I would use for the side panels..

My thought is if cost becomes an issue, and to keep cost down we could cut out the Black Anodizing for the side panels and just Powder Coat them a Smooth Black, and keep the case a Texture Black, that way we still have the contrast with the two colors, let me know your thoughts on this, if everyone is okay with this it shouldn't be a problem on cost as I can have the powder done in house, and cut out the outside process..

The cost on the last run's was $100 shipped...

Reminder: If you already have one of my cases, they fit both the 800va and the 1000va, so if you are just upgrading to the 1000va there is no need to buy another case if you don't want to...

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,358
    edited January 5
    Count me in Larry.
    Thanks for your time and expertise

I'm good with the powder coat to keep cost down as well.
  • BC6BC6 Posts: 102
    I'm in. Thanks!
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: Atohm front speakers and IB subwoofer. The rest is all Polk Audio: CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • ManticoreManticore Posts: 360
    Count me in also. Black Anodized sounds great!! Either way in.
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk RTiA 7's
    Polk CSi A6
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 251
    @Toolfan66
    Your tentative cost of $100 is more than fair and not a concern to me. If a pair of qualifying SDA's present themselves, the positioning of the 'Dreadnought' in my system would be in a visually dominating location and basically 'on display'. I'd probably be looking at having the case engraved and some custom grey anodizing to more closely match my 'Carver' gear. Is just the natural, un-textured aluminum finish an option? Thanks
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 459
    Larry, do you have any pics of the last run you did? Anodized does sound nice but not if it runs the cost up too high.
  • RobbyKYRobbyKY Posts: 102
    adca6u2cf6pn.jpg

The black anodizing on the end panels from the last run is a beautiful contrast to the powder coat on the body. Hard to capture black on black with a simple iPhone. And yes, I've not gotten around to sourcing out some decent knobs for the spikes yet...

I would consider a grey version if you could match the old Carver gear like ThomasD suggested as this next unit will operate with a set of Carver M-4.0t amps but I'm perfectly happy with whatever the group direction is. Of course, Bob couldn't match colors himself between production runs so picking which version of "Carver Grey" would be a monumental task without a specific sample I would think?? My current dreadnought operates with a set of TFM-55's that are black and I bought a new black faceplate for the C-1 preamp off the 'bay to be all matchy/matchy.

Put me down for one (1) case this go-round please!!

Robby
    SDA SRS 1.2TL x2 - SDA SRS 3.1 x2 - SDA 2BTL
    Adcom - Carver - McIntosh amps
    HT = Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65 -RTi-A3's - Marantz SR5012 - XPA3 - Epson 5040UB

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,337
    In for one case. Thanks Larry!
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,176
    I'm in for a plain one.
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    800 Va Dreadnought- Speaker Interconnect
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • GospelTruthGospelTruth Posts: 357
    As long as I got in on the transformer buy, I'm in for one of these.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 811
    In for one (1) please. I have one of your other (silver sides) cases, and it is top notch. I am not concerned about finish/color on this one.
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    RobbyKY wrote: »
    adca6u2cf6pn.jpg

The black anodizing on the end panels from the last run is a beautiful contrast to the powder coat on the body. Hard to capture black on black with a simple iPhone. And yes, I've not gotten around to sourcing out some decent knobs for the spikes yet...

I would consider a grey version if you could match the old Carver gear like ThomasD suggested as this next unit will operate with a set of Carver M-4.0t amps but I'm perfectly happy with whatever the group direction is. Of course, Bob couldn't match colors himself between production runs so picking which version of "Carver Grey" would be a monumental task without a specific sample I would think?? My current dreadnought operates with a set of TFM-55's that are black and I bought a new black faceplate for the C-1 preamp off the 'bay to be all matchy/matchy.

Put me down for one (1) case this go-round please!!

Robby

Let it be known that the outrigger feet are NOT included

Thanks

What?! That may be a deal breaker!! ;) ;)
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • RobbyKYRobbyKY Posts: 102

Nope, those are 80/20 "10 Series" 4199 pivot arm parts. I use a lot of their stuff and had these laying around. The small ones are about $5 each but they show out of stock on Amazon lately. Just bought some direct so still in production.

You can find them here:

https://8020.net/shop/4199.html[/url]

They also come in black but I liked the contrast:

https://8020.net/shop/4199-black.html

Robby

SDA SRS 1.2TL x2 - SDA SRS 3.1 x2 - SDA 2BTL
    Adcom - Carver - McIntosh amps
    HT = Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65 -RTi-A3's - Marantz SR5012 - XPA3 - Epson 5040UB

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,813
    I made the cut so yes Larry put me down for one, I'm pretty sure the one on my800va is one of yours fine workmanship indeed. I'm down for one of these from the new run . Thanks
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • verbverb Posts: 6,359
    I’m in! Thanks Larry for doing this!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,356
    I'm in, thanks for your help with this Larry.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 459
    Much nicer than my Hammond version...I'm in for one please!
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,403
    Hey what happened to the last thread from this morning?
    Anyway I’m in for one
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,220
    Larry--Count me in.
  • DNSPY007DNSPY007 Posts: 9
    Thanks Larry, for your generosity of time and effort.... I'm in for 2.

Doug
    2 Channel - polk Signature Reference Series 2.3tl's,all upgrades but Larry's Rings,Vpi Scout 1.1, w/ortofon 2m red, custom dust cover,(2)Carver Crimson 275 Tube amps,(built by me at CF2018,running mono), Carver C-11 BillD,Carver SD/A 490t,Carver Tx-11b,polk Omni - 1,Dreadnought 800va (David),Douglas "Bravo" Interconnects,Speaker cables (diy),Monster HTC 5000 Power Center
    H/T - polk Signature Reference Series 1.2tl's (rebuilt SL3000's), (2) Carver Silver 9t's (recapped),Carver CT-17,polk A-1 interface,32" Vizio (long story,quit laughing) :D
    Am I correct in assuming that these 1 KVA torrids don’t generate any appreciable heat when used in this SDA IC configuration? I see no venting on the cabinets so no ventilation issues?
    Never any heat
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,433
    I'm in for one case.

Thank you again Larry.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,859
    I'm in please
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room: Teac AI-3000,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• Put me down for a case please.

I plan to terminate my cable directly inside the box without fancy terminals. Already have an updated heavy gauge cable with speakon terminals.
    One less link in the chain.
    Any downside I’m missing besides the bling factor?
  • verbverb Posts: 6,359
    So Larry @Toolfan66 getting my read on about the whole dreadnaught thing, and found this:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/166261/finally-neutrik-dreadnought-etc

Gotta admit, those red panels look great, not to mention the other bling mods you made! Wow! :smiley:

Is this group buy only black panels this time? :blush:
    ld2816k8scqh.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 967
    Put me down for 1!
    verb wrote: »
    So Larry @Toolfan66 getting my read on about the whole dreadnaught thing, and found this:

Gotta admit, those red panels look great, not to mention the other bling mods you made! Wow! :smiley:

ld2816k8scqh.png
    verb wrote: »

ld2816k8scqh.png

@Toolfan66 I for one would sure consider paying an up charge for a different anodizing option. B)
  • B-ManB-Man Posts: 13
    Larry - thanks for your generosity. Please put me down for 2.