End Game?

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I’m nowhere near end game, but the games “paused” for now while other items take priority.

Hoping by end of year to have my HT back up and running with a full 5 channels, 4 subs and maybe even a HT Preamp added
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just a quick thread to see how many of us have reached the "end game" of our two channel audio pursuits. With my recent acquisitions of the Pass Labs X0.2 and the Carver Silver Seven Tube Amps(pray all goes as planned on that deal), I think I may be there. Who else is nearing the end of the road?

You change plans like a woman. What, a month ago you were selling everything or some such.

I gotta admit... this is kinda funny
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I am happy with what I currently have.....but, I still have the desire to push the envelope.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    OR like the car it's the woman of the house changing the plans :wink:
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    More than content where I am audio wise..leaves more $$$ for cars and fishing
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    More than content where I am audio wise..leaves more $$$ for cars and fishing

This is where I am at. I could and would love to spend more on my audio to get to where I really want to be but I have other things in life I enjoy and want to do.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    verb wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    A sub and some power cables and I am done.

Flippin the Minivee already? Dibs! :smile:

The mini is for my micros. I still need a sub for my minis.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    Just like car technology, audio electronics and speakers improve. Class D amplifiers are an excellent example. There is no end game, it's just a journey. B)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2019
    Unless something breaks, I'm done. I now have a Sony flat screen TV, and a BR player, I'm not interested in going any higher. I just plan on enjoying what I have.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Unless something breaks, I'm done. I now have a Sony flat screen TV, and a BR player, I'm not interested in going any higher. I just plan on enjoying what I have.

And keeping the money in the bank! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415

I wish, it's leaving the bank to pay a $700.00+ real estate tax bill due at the end of the month!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

I wish, it's leaving the bank to pay a $700.00+ real estate tax bill due at the end of the month!

That is a drop in the bucket for our tax bill. Ours is 7k a year. :s:o
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I may have already been at the summit while looking down over everything else (I've owned, that is). Life events forced the sale of that setup and I highly doubt I'll ever get back to what I had at that point in time. It wasn't perfect, but it was as close to an "end game" setup as I've ever owned.

Therefore, I'm definitely not done making changes but I don't see myself spending a lot of $ to get myself somewhere that I will be satisfied long term. That said, $ is subjective so, when I say that I don't see myself spending much it's relative to me and my limits.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009

:o:s

California taxes are needed to pay for those overpaid State Legislators and their benefits recipients.

Something HAS to change with that state and soon. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Why does CA have to change? It is the 6th largest economy in the world. Just like everywhere there are some that haven't benefited, but overall we are doing quite well.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Why does CA have to change? It is the 6th largest economy in the world. Just like everywhere there are some that haven't benefited, but overall we are doing quite well.

How many billions is California in debt for now? 400 Bil. in 2016.

I guess there are those who know how to skirt the tax system and do very well.

How many Cali. people are working TAX FREE and letting those that pay tax TRY to cover
    the budget?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-s-400-billion-debt-worries-analysts-6812264.php
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    How many billions is the U.S. In debt now? While I don't know, I suspect very few are skirting the tax system. I know I'm not.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

Bud, you live in a bubble.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Hotel California says it all in the song.

But I heard thousands ARE fleeing the state because I suspect they can't get to their end game system while paying the high cost of living there.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

You guys are special...thanks for the warning :)

For California Residents Only: California Proposition 65 Warning
    Warning SymbolWARNING: Some products may contain chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer.

Proposition 65, officially the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a law that requires warnings be provided to California consumers when they might be exposed to chemicals identified by California as causing cancer or reproductive toxicity. The warnings are intended to help California consumers make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals from the products they use. The California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) administers the Proposition 65 program and publishes the listed chemicals, which includes more that 850 chemicals. In August 2016, OEHHA adopted new regulations, effective on August 30, 2018, which change the information required in Proposition 65 warnings.

This warning and certification is on my data inserts, and application was not free

https://icc.com/product/cat6-rj45-keystone-jack-hd-style/
    https://icc.com/proposition-65-warning-for-california-residents/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I am convinced that getting out of bed in the morning causes cancer.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Some of these warnings are about as usful as those stuuppid tags they put on your bed :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited January 2019

I wish mine was 7k.

Between mine and my parents I pay 20,000/yr.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Near end game in the 2 channel room. I went as all in as I could when the Mrs.and.I remodeled: Vandersteen Quatro (2006), ARC LS 26 (2007), McCormack DNA1 Gold Ultra ( 2018, built just for me ). But I need a DAC to run the OPPO into. Keeping it CA, got my heart set on a Schiit Yggy. Father-in-law in assisted living, granddaughter in college... prolly not this year.
  • Tony M
    Joey_V wrote: »

I wish mine was 7k.

Between mine and my parents I pay 20,000/yr.

:o:s
    Dang you people pay a lot! :#

But when you sell your homes you're supposed to get that back I heard 30 years ago.

I just didn't want to play the game and stayed right here. 1200.00 here now but it used to be a lot less of course. :)

• dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited January 2019
    Just a quick thread to see how many of us have reached the "end game" of our two channel audio pursuits. With my recent acquisitions of the Pass Labs X0.2 and the Carver Silver Seven Tube Amps(pray all goes as planned on that deal), I think I may be there. Who else is nearing the end of the road?

John my question is, are YOU really at the end of your road? :wink:

And what is it about the silver sevens that bests those beasts of tube Amps you built? Those things are animals.

To answer your question. I'm not at the end of my journey as long as you keep getting the upgrade bug and selling me your hand me downs. :smiley:

.... and I want to eventually do the black hole mod on my SDAs and upgrade the speaker cables....
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

Sadly, it will all probably (probabilistically ) break (i.e., fail to operate properly) relatively soon, and the march of technology ensures that certain key parts (solid state components -- transistors and chips, predominantly) won't be available. :(

Such are the vagaries of "technology". Currently, the march of technology and the short duty lives of "tech hardware" suit folks' expectations and philosophy. I can't imagine this outlook is sustainable, but I'm a grumpy old guy, so I might well be wrong.

:)
  • mhardy6647
    wallstreet wrote: »
    Just like car technology, audio electronics and speakers improve. Class D amplifiers are an excellent example. There is no end game, it's just a journey. B)

Well -- it certainly changes. I think whether it improves is readily debatable.

B)

That said, see my grumpy old guy comment above :)

fsi4n83gjwfr.png

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2019

Yeah, but so does staying in bed. ;)

As I like to say about life:
    The thermodynamics is never in question, only the kinetics

oy73xmeivya9.png

:|

Here, this may help all y'all decide whether it's worth getting out of bed and getting cancer every morning. I've noticed that humans (at least in the 21st Century) are generally pretty terrible at risk assessment. :p

11946817256_ca5363f0f6_b.jpgDangerousness relative risks of activities by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

I love this thread!

:#