Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Tony M wrote: »
    djc3xmjpc4s2.png

Didn't MAD MAX drive one of those to start his trilogy? His family station wagon that is.
    I guess not...but close though!
    982g3wb2rfnr.png

A true shaggin wagon these two were. The one above and MAD MAX's too.
    I had to look this up.. https://www.shearcomfort.com/blog/mad-max-car-interceptor/ At quick thought i thought it was a AMX or something strange like that. I always liked the Pinto wagons decked out.. So this ad says 1973 Falcon V8 very interesting. I like Falcons which i thought were older. Learned something :)
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Aussie Ford Falcon, methinks.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Indeed. The Police V8 "Interceptor" in Mad Max / The Road Warrior was/is an Australian Ford Falcon.

https://madmax.fandom.com/wiki/Ford_Falcon_XB_GT_Coupe_1973_%22V8_Interceptor%22

Want one?

Step right up! madmaxcars.com/

mad-max-1-final-shot.jpg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    zingo wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Cool man. We have a decent scope here and this time of year is the BEST!! My fav has to be the double cluster.

Here are my three telescopes and the red is robust enough for the kids. My next step is probaby a mount for my Nikon, but I would need to do some research.

rk56b8cf97zo.jpeg

vbk7kutwx30n.jpeg

qmfhu254bvp8.jpeg

Nice! I actually built a Dobsonian back in the day. Optics were purchased from Edmunds Scientifific. Everything else was fabricated. Still got it, albeit in pieces!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2018
    I've always wanted to join our local star gazers club but...

I found looking at Venus or some other planet years ago with a hobbyist $ scope and tripode,( I still have it too ;):) ) the planet moved very fast out of view. :#:'(

I then did some research and saw there are motors that turn in relation to what your viewing. They were $$$$ so I aborted the hobby. :'(

I've always been heavily into astronomical science and knowledge. I saw a huge poster at a goodwill store years ago that showed a lot of solar system exploration missions shown on a great picture of our solar systems' planets. It had a lot of cool missions on it showing the distances getting further and further as the years progressed. There was a lot of info at the bottom of the poster. It was like 4' X 6' on poster board too and in color and MINTY too :) and I just didn't have the extra 17.00 or so they wanted for it. :s:'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    halo wrote: »

Indeed. The Police V8 "Interceptor" in Mad Max / The Road Warrior was/is an Australian Ford Falcon.

https://madmax.fandom.com/wiki/Ford_Falcon_XB_GT_Coupe_1973_%22V8_Interceptor%22

Want one?

Step right up! madmaxcars.com/

mad-max-1-final-shot.jpg

An Aussie Ford Falcon (1976):

45622638252_5939e93ae8_h.jpg1976 Ford Falcon from Australia by JOHN LLOYD, on Flickr
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    I LIKE! B)

Notice how Mad Max's rear tire fills up that rear wheel well! :DB)
  • verb
    I've always wanted to join our local star gazers club but...

I found looking at Venus or some other planet years ago with a hobbyist $ scope and tripode,( I still have it too ;):) ) the planet moved very fast out of view. :#:'(

I then did some research and saw there are motors that turn in relation to what your viewing. They were $$$$ so I aborted the hobby. :'(

I've always been heavily into astronomical science and knowledge. I saw a huge poster at a goodwill store years ago that showed a lot of solar system exploration missions shown on a great picture of our solar systems' planets. It had a lot of cool missions on it showing the distances getting further and further as the years progressed. There was a lot of info at the bottom of the poster. It was like 4' X 6' on poster board too and in color and MINTY too :) and I just didn't have the extra 17.00 or so they wanted for it. :s:'(

Yep I hear ya. That's why I built mine! Didn't have the confidence/skill/patience to grind my own optics, so I purchased them.

I also made a spotting scope from a projection TV lens assembly! Got that little baby here somewhere too!

Here's my latest. Celestron CPC 1100. Wish I had more time to play with it. Stock image.

fuzh7a4wtsmf.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s a great scope.
    I will say for me the planets are cool but deep space is so much better for me personally.
    Orion’s Belt, double cluster, owl cluster and andromeda are stunning when the sky is black through a light gathering tube. Can look at that all night. Saturn and Jupiter get kinda old (that sounds teriible I know) after a while
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    :o

That's the kind I'd like to get!!! Programable... :DB)

Maybe later sometime...I'm going to go see if I can afford one like that now.

Well.....maybe used. Or from a pawn shop or somewhere like that. Goodwill or estate sale maybe. But yea, that's the kind of scope I'd be happy with.

Has anybody spotted the moon land-rover on the moon with a home version telescope?
  • verb
    :o

That's the kind I'd like to get!!! Programable... :DB)

Maybe later sometime...I'm going to go see if I can afford one like that now.

Well.....maybe used. Or from a pawn shop or somewhere like that. Goodwill or estate sale maybe. But yea, that's the kind of scope I'd be happy with.

Has anybody spotted the moon land-rover on the moon with a home version telescope?

Used scopes are the way to go. Most are hardly used. And like this one, you can get a great deal! Kinda like audio equipment! :smile:
  • verb
    joecoulson wrote: »
    That’s a great scope.
    I will say for me the planets are cool but deep space is so much better for me personally.
    Orion’s Belt, double cluster, owl cluster and andromeda are stunning when the sky is black through a light gathering tube. Can look at that all night. Saturn and Jupiter get kinda old (that sounds teriible I know) after a while

I can still remember vividly my first viewing of Saturn with the Dobsonian that I built. Never forget it, the feeling of, wow, I built this! I was in my late teens. Ah, memories!
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    How many humans can say they've seen Saturn with their own eyes IN PERSON LIVE?

NOT MANY AT ALL!!! ;)

Heck most don't even care about it... :'( . But we do! :DB)
  • mhardy6647
    Sorry, not that I am not interested in optics (I am, very much) :p but speaking of Carz from Oz...

45564265601_2e2b11f63c_h.jpgHolden Sandman 1976 by Geoff Nowak, on Flickr
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    AHA! The cat's out of the bag! Boy those Aussies sure do know how to make an ugly car...
    Sorry, not that I am not interested in optics (I am, very much) :p but speaking of Carz from Oz...

45564265601_2e2b11f63c_h.jpgHolden Sandman 1976 by Geoff Nowak, on Flickr

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    Did you feel the earthquake this morning blue bird? I’m in Hall Co but was fast asleep.

Yes I did Joe. My cats too.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    audioluvr wrote: »
    AHA! The cat's out of the bag! Boy those Aussies sure do know how to make an ugly car...

It's GM that made the ugly car my friend. The fine print in the ad (in the lower right corner) signifies that Holden is a subsidiary of General Motors :#
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    How many humans can say they've seen Saturn with their own eyes IN PERSON LIVE?

NOT MANY AT ALL!!! ;)

Heck most don't even care about it... :'( . But we do! :DB)

The first time I show someone Saturn through a telescope, they are speechless. It is an amazing experience and gives someone a lot of perspective.
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    My wife had to explain that to me...DUH :s:D
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    My wife had to explain that to me...DUH :s:D

You don't wear underwear?
  • verb

It's GM that made the ugly car my friend. The fine print in the ad (in the lower right corner) signifies that Holden is a subsidiary of General Motors :#

Looks like a variant of the venerable El Camino from back in the day. Here's a recent rendition that almost made it to the USA! Holden Ute. Was in production in Australia.
    24516w7v699w.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    verb wrote: »

Looks like a variant of the venerable El Camino from back in the day. Here's a recent rendition that almost made it to the USA! Holden Ute. Was in production in Australia.
    24516w7v699w.png

I'm a small car/sports car fan, but that - hot diggity!
  • verb
    Yep. Was gonna be a Pontiac. Seen a few of em (early production) here in SE Michigan before, well, they killed the Pontiac brand.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    verb wrote: »
    Yep. Was gonna be a Pontiac. Seen a few of em (early production) here in SE Michigan before, well, they killed the Pontiac brand.

Dumbest move they ever made...
  • ^^^^Well, Ronnie, what do you think of that one ?

wkdhvp90i9tr.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    as seen Someplace Else:

ztpcmfufeh8l.png

huz29171v93q.png

The sideways Infinity towers really pull the whole room together, don't you think?

:#

For some reason, this makes me think of a Tetris game.
  • mhardy6647
    indyhawg wrote: »
    as seen Someplace Else:

ztpcmfufeh8l.png

huz29171v93q.png

The sideways Infinity towers really pull the whole room together, don't you think?

:#

For some reason, this makes me think of a Tetris game.

Brilliant! :)