Hegel Rost

Hi,
In an effort to downsize I'm thinking about integrated amps. I've read about Hegel but never heard any. I would use a pair of Polk 703 and a sub. The Rost looks about right. Anybody using Hegel with 703s?
Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Never heard of the Co. until now.

oiv46fzmixx5.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    Since I moved from two systems to one there's lots of stuff. Now have a tv, tivo and the hifi. The hifi is 11 components plus the modem and the wifi router. I need to play flac files, have a great dac with xlr outs,use a Sonora Ultrarender. Play fm radio, tv sound, vinyl. Would like to have fixed outputs for the House amp. The Rost can do all but fixed outs. Just thinking better WAF. I need to use 2 power conditioners plug everything in to ac! Its a lot.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • bikerboy
    Thanks DSkip for the ideas and advise. Got one of these on the way
    Tony bet you haven't heard about these guys . I hadn't
    http://lyngdorf.com/tdai-2170/
    Integrated 2.1 with room correction and dac. This one has all the optional boards hope it sounds as good as the bat combo
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    bikerboy wrote: »
    Thanks DSkip for the ideas and advise. Got one of these on the way
    Tony bet you haven't heard about these guys . I hadn't
    http://lyngdorf.com/tdai-2170/
    Integrated 2.1 with room correction and dac. This one has all the optional boards hope it sounds as good as the bat combo

Looks like a fine Co. and Integrated design, inside and out!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • bikerboy
    Ultrarendu into usb. TiVo, blue ray , tuner also into dac. Eros phono all connect. Three boxes for one .
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    disadvantage is if you have to send it in to repair 1 box, you send in all 3.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • bikerboy
    True 🤞🤞
  • bikerboy
    I'll start a new thread when I get it running
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking?
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • bikerboy
    It is used.