Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• ddogddog Posts: 213
    edited December 2018
    Sorry pitdogg2.. is saw that you had already answered my question just after I posted...
    I'm kinda slow..lol

I have and have had quite a few models of polka speakers but never SDA's.
    Always wanted a set but I'm trying to figure out what model to start with..
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,350
    ddog wrote: »
    Sorry pitdogg2.. is saw that you had already answered my question just after I posted...
    I'm kinda slow..lol

I have and have had quite a few models of polka speakers but never SDA's.
    Always wanted a set but I'm trying to figure out what model to start with..

Those 3.1 TLs would be a good start. I enjoyed mine. The only reason they left my house is I was able to move up to 2.3TLs.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    edited December 2018
    3.1TL's:
    I paid $365 for mine about 4 months ago. Had one blown tweeter so I upgraded them to the newer RD0198-1's with the club polk price. Also it didn't have the interconnect cable. Verdict I love them they don't take up the footprint of the big boys but the mid and upper range separation is unreal. Only slight downside is the 12" Bass is not the same as the big 15" passives but it's nothing a good subwoofer can't rectify. If I ever get to old to keep all my Polk's they'd be the last pair I'd probably give up......
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,350
    You got those at a great price.
    Supposedly this are unmolested...
    Can you tell from the picture if this is true..
    What tweeter that is..
    What series they are...and so on..
    These ventage Polks are confusing..lol

The SL3000 Tweeter.
    indyhawg wrote: »
    You got those at a great price.

The guy I bought them from got them free while cleaning out a foreclosed house. :#
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 661
    Nice Polk 5.1 package for $125. RTi8s, FXi3s, CSi3, PSW404. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers/6764919752.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,365
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that didn't last 4 hours! :p:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Hope it was someone here. :-)
    @joecoulson - Did you have/take a day off?

Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    Thank you for all the information and advice guys..
    Was planning on going and looking at the 3.1Tl's on my unexpected but welcome day off Unfortunately its raining here in the beautiful Mojave desert today...
    Itll have to wait till the weekend.
    3zgognezf0qf.jpg
    How about these... $100
    I liked/loved the pair I owned years ago. The guy who bought them couldn't believe the sound that come from them.
    I sold mine for 100 or 80 but that was like 10 years ago. Let me check...

100.00 and sold them on 19th of Feb. 2009. :D

They were in great condition too.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,775
    Currently I've got a set of rta8t's in rosewood that I picked up for 30 bucks. Oh and a black pair of rta8tl's that I picked up for another 5 bucks. :D
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,766
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Currently I've got a set of rta8t's in rosewood that I picked up for 30 bucks. Oh and a black pair of rta8tl's that I picked up for another 5 bucks. :D

Shuddup!!!
    kmeek wrote: »
    I don't know if these have been reported yet or not (no affiliation). I noticed these came up on the Phoenix Offerup. About 3 miles from where I work. Look like 1.2tl's with a Sunfire receiver. Assuming it is a package deal. I'd be interested if I didn't already have a pair........ ;)

Check out this Vintage carver sunfire ultimate receiver and polk SDA 1.2s for $1500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Nmqw3SismS

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

It looks like these sold yesterday, did anybody here get them? :(
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,425

Go get them so we can help you with molesting them...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    In The Market For A New Pre...
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    audioluvr wrote: »

I'm having a hard time choosing between the 3.1's or a beautiful set of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures...
    Same price....hummm
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,876

I'm having a hard time choosing between the 3.1's or a beautiful set of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures...
    Same price....hummm

By both we'll help spend YOUR money we's good at that
    Lol... believe me I'm thinking about doing just that.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,104
    Very different type of speaker vandy is a bit more laid back. Very plesant sounding and a bit picky on placement as well as tilt.

What kind of music are you into?
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,425
    I've had ears on the 2Ce's. My SDA 1C's would wipe the floor with them. The 3.1's could be one step above that. Just my opinion...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    In The Market For A New Pre...
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    erniejade wrote: »
    Very different type of speaker vandy is a bit more laid back. Very plesant sounding and a bit picky on placement as well as tilt.

What kind of music are you into?

I listen to most everything if it sounds good. I don't spend much time with rap tho...

I've only owned for a brief period a set of Vandersteen model 4...these were made for a very short time and were replaced by the current Quattro 4. The Model 4 was a bigger version of the 3 and had the dual 12" woofers in the bottom also had external crossover. I bought them for a steal and sold them for a killing.. I didn't get much time with them or really run them on all the different amps I have but I really did like what I heard tho.

Now for Polks I own/d all the monitors up to the 10's and the RTI11TL's that I use as a center channel speaker/s in my theater.

I've always wanted the spend some time with the SDA/SRS and likewise the Vandersteen's.
    These will be in my two channel room only and for music.
    Right now I have a set of Thiel 1.6's in there and like them but they won't t be replacing my Mirage om'6...
    I run the OM5's in the theater....absolutely wonderful speakers.
    I've had ears on the 2Ce's. My SDA 1C's would wipe the floor with them. The 3.1's could be one step above that. Just my opinion...

Good to know... I might just pick up booth sets and live with them for awhile to see which I prefer.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    kmeek wrote: »
    I don't know if these have been reported yet or not (no affiliation). I noticed these came up on the Phoenix Offerup. About 3 miles from where I work. Look like 1.2tl's with a Sunfire receiver. Assuming it is a package deal. I'd be interested if I didn't already have a pair........ ;)

Check out this Vintage carver sunfire ultimate receiver and polk SDA 1.2s for $1500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Nmqw3SismS

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

It looks like these sold yesterday, did anybody here get them? :(

@la2vegas, I was going to ask the same thing.

He still has the Carver for sale by itself for $550.00 so either he decided to keep the speakers for himself or I'd hate to think the alternative if he sold the speakers by themselves what he ended up getting for them since he only wanted $1500 for the speaker receiver combo......
    darn cherry pickers. >:)
    Tony M wrote: »
    darn cherry pickers. >:)

Hey, I take offense to that. :D
    Peerless tweeter from Polk speaker. "Excellent working condition." No affiliation.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-Tweeter/273602388997

Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
  • lawdogglawdogg Posts: 348
    edited December 2018

Good to know... I might just pick up booth sets and live with them for awhile to see which I prefer.

Do it! Curious to hear what you think, but my two cents, my 3.1TLs have wiped the floor with everything else I've had, multiple Vandersteens included ... after hearing mine, a friend got his own 3.1TLs to replace his 2Ci's and hasn't looked back once.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,104
    lawdogg wrote: »

Do it! Curious to hear what you think, but my two cents, my 3.1TLs have wiped the floor with everything else I've had, multiple Vandersteens included ... after hearing mine, a friend got his own 3.1TLs to replace his 2Ci's and hasn't looked back once.

Any mods done tl the 3.1's?
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

erniejade wrote: »
    lawdogg wrote: »

Any mods done tl the 3.1's?

The 3.1's are all tl'd.