Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Nice Polk 5.1 package for $125. RTi8s, FXi3s, CSi3, PSW404. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers/6764919752.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that didn't last 4 hours! :p:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIII
    Hope it was someone here. :-)
    @joecoulson - Did you have/take a day off?

• ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    Thank you for all the information and advice guys..
    Was planning on going and looking at the 3.1Tl's on my unexpected but welcome day off Unfortunately its raining here in the beautiful Mojave desert today...
    Itll have to wait till the weekend.
  • ddog
    3zgognezf0qf.jpg
    How about these... $100
  • Tony M
    I liked/loved the pair I owned years ago. The guy who bought them couldn't believe the sound that come from them.
    I sold mine for 100 or 80 but that was like 10 years ago. Let me check...

100.00 and sold them on 19th of Feb. 2009. :D

They were in great condition too.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Currently I've got a set of rta8t's in rosewood that I picked up for 30 bucks. Oh and a black pair of rta8tl's that I picked up for another 5 bucks. :D

Shuddup!!!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    ddog wrote: »
    Supposedly this are unmolested...

Go get them so we can help you with molesting them...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ddog
    audioluvr wrote: »

I'm having a hard time choosing between the 3.1's or a beautiful set of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures...
    Same price....hummm
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471

I'm having a hard time choosing between the 3.1's or a beautiful set of Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures...
    Same price....hummm

By both we'll help spend YOUR money we's good at that
  • ddog
    Lol... believe me I'm thinking about doing just that.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Very different type of speaker vandy is a bit more laid back. Very plesant sounding and a bit picky on placement as well as tilt.

What kind of music are you into?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I've had ears on the 2Ce's. My SDA 1C's would wipe the floor with them. The 3.1's could be one step above that. Just my opinion...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ddog
    erniejade wrote: »
    Very different type of speaker vandy is a bit more laid back. Very plesant sounding and a bit picky on placement as well as tilt.

What kind of music are you into?

I listen to most everything if it sounds good. I don't spend much time with rap tho...

I've only owned for a brief period a set of Vandersteen model 4...these were made for a very short time and were replaced by the current Quattro 4. The Model 4 was a bigger version of the 3 and had the dual 12" woofers in the bottom also had external crossover. I bought them for a steal and sold them for a killing.. I didn't get much time with them or really run them on all the different amps I have but I really did like what I heard tho.

Now for Polks I own/d all the monitors up to the 10's and the RTI11TL's that I use as a center channel speaker/s in my theater.

I've always wanted the spend some time with the SDA/SRS and likewise the Vandersteen's.
    These will be in my two channel room only and for music.
    Right now I have a set of Thiel 1.6's in there and like them but they won't t be replacing my Mirage om'6...
    I run the OM5's in the theater....absolutely wonderful speakers.
  • ddog
    I've had ears on the 2Ce's. My SDA 1C's would wipe the floor with them. The 3.1's could be one step above that. Just my opinion...

Good to know... I might just pick up booth sets and live with them for awhile to see which I prefer.
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    kmeek wrote: »
    I don't know if these have been reported yet or not (no affiliation). I noticed these came up on the Phoenix Offerup. About 3 miles from where I work. Look like 1.2tl's with a Sunfire receiver. Assuming it is a package deal. I'd be interested if I didn't already have a pair........ ;)

Check out this Vintage carver sunfire ultimate receiver and polk SDA 1.2s for $1500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Nmqw3SismS

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

It looks like these sold yesterday, did anybody here get them? :(

@la2vegas, I was going to ask the same thing.

He still has the Carver for sale by itself for $550.00 so either he decided to keep the speakers for himself or I'd hate to think the alternative if he sold the speakers by themselves what he ended up getting for them since he only wanted $1500 for the speaker receiver combo......
  • Tony M
    darn cherry pickers. >:)
  • CGTIII
    Peerless tweeter from Polk speaker. "Excellent working condition." No affiliation.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-Tweeter/273602388997

• lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    edited December 2018

Good to know... I might just pick up booth sets and live with them for awhile to see which I prefer.

Do it! Curious to hear what you think, but my two cents, my 3.1TLs have wiped the floor with everything else I've had, multiple Vandersteens included ... after hearing mine, a friend got his own 3.1TLs to replace his 2Ci's and hasn't looked back once.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • erniejade
    lawdogg wrote: »

Do it! Curious to hear what you think, but my two cents, my 3.1TLs have wiped the floor with everything else I've had, multiple Vandersteens included ... after hearing mine, a friend got his own 3.1TLs to replace his 2Ci's and hasn't looked back once.

Any mods done tl the 3.1's?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade

Was supposed to say to. Not tl lol. Auto correct!!
  • erniejade
    Yep. That is definitely the phrase here!
  • lawdogg
    edited December 2018

Only mod is upgraded to RD0198s. I actually bought all the caps & resistors to re-do the crossovers a few years ago and they're still in the box since I've never really been dissatisfied with the sound, at all.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471

Only mod is upgraded to RD0198s. I actually bought all the caps & resistors to re-do the crossovers a few years ago and they're still in the box since I've never really been dissatisfied with the sound, at all.

Until you go ahead and do it then you'll be asking yourself "why did I wait so long".
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314

There is sooo much more potential left in the 3.1's when you upgrade those dated caps/resistors!

pitdogg2 wrote: »

Until you go ahead and do it then you'll be asking yourself "why did I wait so long".

Truth...

• lawdogg
    Polk 3.1tl's in Chicago for $595, no affiliation and unfortunately no pictures either. https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/polk-reference-speakers/6765008274.html
    By the way his $4000 when new is a bit of a stretch. :#

Well, $1000 each in 1989-1991 is about $4k for a pair in 2018 money!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

• Thanks for the heads up on the 3.1. I might have to check them out
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    teamjhertz wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on the 3.1. I might have to check them out

Get 'em by the weekend... looks like the seller is knocking $150 off the $495 price until 12/15!