Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    CGTIII wrote: »
    RTi12s claimed flawless with CSiA6 asking $500. Demo offered. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/ele/d/polk-audio-rti12-stereo-home/6656043339.html

Oh common! Why can't they be closer!?!

I feel for ya. Really, I do. :'( Maybe one day though.

I had to drive 5 miles to get mine. What a long trip! :'(

Shut up Tony.... :s

Why ya gotta be so mean!
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,932
    I hope one day you get the chance to purchase a set for 1/2 what I paid and you only have to drive 1 mile to get them. :)B):p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,900
    Looks like there are a few pair of SDAs hiding in these pictures...

Not sure if any of you Florida Polkies know of this place...

https://treasure.craigslist.org/ele/d/back-to-old-schoolsale/6649742073.html
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,720
    scubalab wrote: »

I don’t know where that is, but I wanna go! But according to my mom, Vero Beach is 4 hours away.
    signature is in the spoiler window :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,988
    you have a license go get some "milk" Micah.....
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    you have a license go get some "milk" Micah.....

I only have a permit :disappointed:
    And my parents would kill me. And I couldn’t pay for gas.
    So basically, I would get a ticket, then get in huge trouble, and then be in debt for gas. As much as it would be awesome, I don’t think it’s worth it. :confused:
    Martin Logan LX16s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 CD player and Audio Technica cartridge courtesy of Drew/Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 816
    JayMX wrote: »
    more SRS 2's - blade blade, great deal. not mine. very tempted. don't need them though... curious if the drivers are the real polk replacements or if they're something else...
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/53042767
    qrfkzgqr2bp4.jpg
    They're two nice 15" passive radiators....

Good point @pitdogg2. Considering they're Frankenpolks, not the most sought after SRS, would cost quite a bit to get back to stock or more to upgrade...those SW-150's are a steal at the current $250 price. I have way more than that invested in all the upgrades for my 1.2tl's.

Tell me, would you pay $125 for a replacement PR if yours was unrepairable? Guaranteed, you'd make your money back if someone needs it. Potentially, even more. Heck, I'd pay $250 for 1 SW-150 if one of mine was blown. I've made 4 major moves in the past 10 years, so I have 2 saved for a rainy day (one is not perfect).

I'm not into cannibalizing a perfectly good set of speakers but perhaps someone can get them into the CP family for a rainy day. I'm not near the seller...otherwise I'd buy into this insurance plan :) . Folks, these are unobtainium!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: Core Power Technologies Deep Core, EQUI=CORE 1800 Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends FLAC Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
    Yuuuup dat be what i say man....
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 705
    edited August 2018
    scubalab wrote: »

That could be a stock picture from the store. I would for sure call first and then check pricing. Midwest speaker often uses a stock picture for similar adds, sometimes the speakers in the picture were sold long ago. Using the same picture helps in advertising and search engine results. It keeps things trending. The pictures do change, but often overlap to keep the trends and associations with search engines. They usually have current pics for specific items.

The pricing can be high as well. That is not to say some deals can't be had, and they do sell the speakers eventually. I think some haggling is involved.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,191
    Look to be monitor 7's along with some miscellaneous audio gear for not a lot of scratch. https://boise.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-speakers-stereo/6613380364.html3o37iuwh2el4.jpg
    No affiliation.
    There will be a lot of death, unfortunately. But a lot less death than if this wasn't done.
    But there will be death.

Donald Trump 4/4/20
    Monitor 4's with the ever popular peerless tweets. Oh how I wish these were closer. No affiliation. klyc9k4osbje.jpghttps://boise.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-monitor-4/6662309231.html
    There will be a lot of death, unfortunately. But a lot less death than if this wasn't done.
    But there will be death.

Donald Trump 4/4/20
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Look to be monitor 7's along with some miscellaneous audio gear for not a lot of scratch. https://boise.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-speakers-stereo/6613380364.html3o37iuwh2el4.jpg
    No affiliation.

That Yamaha looks real nice... wish I lived closer.
    Look to be monitor 7's in Northern California for 50 bucks, no affiliation. arcyvyhzj8h5.jpghttps://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/d/2-speakers/6663234248.html
    But there will be death.

Donald Trump 4/4/20
    Updated pic without the grills. Sl2000's, sigh, but overall the 7's look quite nice for 50 clams.
    But there will be death.

Donald Trump 4/4/20
    Forgot to post the pic.8kunhgkb4hp2.jpg
    But there will be death.

Donald Trump 4/4/20
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,554
    Those look super clean. A steal @ 50 clams.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,486
    edited August 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »

Awww, they are so cute at that age. To bad they grow up so fast B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Clipdat wrote: »

What model tweeter is this? I've not seen that type before. Looks a bit like a semi horn loaded SL-2500.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,554
    Somebody painted them black as well.
    edited August 2018
    Sl1500 i believe they are mylar
    Sl1500 i believe they are mylar

Good to know.
    Just out of interest, would they be replaced by the RD-0194, 0198, or just not be replaced?
    edited August 2018
    194 but the 194 face plate is more than likely larger.

The RD-0194 is NOT a direct replacement.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,837
    If I'm not mistaken, the sl1500 is the series replacement for the tri-force tweet.
    But there will be death.

Donald Trump 4/4/20
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,486
    Great deal on those...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,111
    I picked up a pair of these last weekend with the al-1 cable with them. Great sounding speakers.The cabinets need work but they sound great.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009-B&W Cdm1nt, Cdm Center Channel
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    la2vegas wrote: »

Practically in my back yard.....

Fortunately I already have a pair already and don't have the budget for a 2nd pair at this time. Would be a nice pair for someone to pick up though and hopefully they are pin/blade speakers and not blade/blade...