Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 8,013
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,106
    I love my walnut ones,even though they are in the closet. :#
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,015
    Any particular reason that my post about a pair of AR-2ax was removed? Are OfferUp links not allowed?
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,739
    edited November 2018
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Any particular reason that my post about a pair of AR-2ax was removed? Are OfferUp links not allowed?

You're in the wrong thread lol

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/50838/looking-for-misc-audio-deals-of-the-day-updated-info-here#latest

Come on man lol
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,015
    edited November 2018
    Doh! :# Sorry guys! And that was even BEFORE any tequila! Carry on.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,737
    la2vegas wrote: »
    dkfreebird wrote: »

Quiet, both of you!
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,737
    dkfreebird wrote: »

My 3.1's are in the middle of the living as I was in the midst of rearranging when I was struck by a severe case of the lazys.
  • Hey gang. This looks like a sweet deal in the Twin Cities area. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ele/d/polk-speakers-and-velodyne/6758246809.html
    iu703rbtfkt2.png
    Polk SDA SRS
    Yamaha M-65 (2x, bi-amped)
    Pioneer Elite SC-99
    Oppo UDP-203
    Polk CS350 center
    Polk MC-60 4x Atmos
    Polk AB700 4X surround
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,641
    edited November 2018
    Hey gang. This looks like a sweet deal in the Twin Cities area. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ele/d/polk-speakers-and-velodyne/6758246809.html
    iu703rbtfkt2.png

$325 for all of them!? :o wrong side of the country, and no funds in sight... :(
    P.S. before anyone tells me I should get a job, I'm going to once I have my actual drivers license, but I can't get to anywhere to work without one. :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 660
    CS-350LS for $100 shipped. Claims good condition, then great condition. One negative feedback out of two items doesn't inspire confidence. There is eBay's Money Back Guarantee, if that's a help. Caveat Emptor. No affiliation.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-Center-Channel-CS-350LS-Speaker/332923088056
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    I don't know if these have been reported yet or not (no affiliation). I noticed these came up on the Phoenix Offerup. About 3 miles from where I work. Look like 1.2tl's with a Sunfire receiver. Assuming it is a package deal. I'd be interested if I didn't already have a pair........ ;)

Check out this Vintage carver sunfire ultimate receiver and polk SDA 1.2s for $1500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Nmqw3SismS

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg
    kmeek wrote: »
    I don't know if these have been reported yet or not (no affiliation). I noticed these came up on the Phoenix Offerup. About 3 miles from where I work. Look like 1.2tl's with a Sunfire receiver. Assuming it is a package deal. I'd be interested if I didn't already have a pair........ ;)

Check out this Vintage carver sunfire ultimate receiver and polk SDA 1.2s for $1500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Nmqw3SismS

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

Ad looks like it makes it a package deal for both items. I'll take the 1.2's and hope for a lower price without the receiver.
    My latest acquisition. Nothing fancy I know, but the price was right. I didn't get them for a song but I did get them for a hundred dollars.

See I'm out of the loop a couple of weeks and look what I missed...... :D

I'd say that's a great find at a great price. I thought my p/b's for $200 was a smoking deal......

I have the oak 3.1's. Love them (what I am currently cranking in the small room). :)
  • la2vegas wrote: »

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

Ad looks like it makes it a package deal for both items. I'll take the 1.2's and hope for a lower price without the receiver.

They are 1.2 TL's since they have the SL 3000 tweeter. Looks like a great deal.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    Do the tops look an odd color, or is it just a bad pic?
    They look black.... And a bad pick.
    Does anyone know if they ever made black factory panels for the 1.2's? I don't know on this one?
    They look like a bad refinish job to me.
    edited December 2018

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

Only reason I mentioned they are most likely TL's is one only hopes that someone didn't just try and update SL2000's to 3000's thinking that would work. Serial and model numbers and/or crossover board would put that to rest.....
  • ddogddog Posts: 213
    Regardless... in my obsidian theater the black tops would work perfect for me...
    Is someone going to pick these up or am I going to have to make a road trip...?
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,932
    edited December 2018

1vu7uo01h19w.jpg

Only reason I mentioned they are most likely TL's is one only hopes that someone didn't just try and update SL2000's to 3000's thinking that would work. Serial and model numbers and/or crossover board would put that to rest.....

Possible but probably unlikely since they would need to change out all the negative tweeter wire connectors (at the tweeter itself) to larger ones in order to accommodate the SL3000. In addition to that, they would need to use a Molex tool to remove and swap the + and - wires at the tweeter harness. But yes, you're correct, anything is possible if one tries to deceive so further verification is needed.

I noticed that the crossover plate is a 1.2TL crossover plate, so I highly doubt they would acquire a pair of those just to deceive. If they were trying to pull a fast one, their asking price is set way too low! 1500.00 with the Sunfire receiver is a heckuva deal.
    Post edited by michaeljhsda2 on
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    Contacted the seller through offerup, he confirmed that both, receiver and speakers are included in the price. I asked further questions, however he is very slow in responding.
    0edonswiotsl.jpg
    What can you guys tell me about these speakers?
    And do you think $750 is a good price?
    edited December 2018
    ddog wrote: »
    0edonswiotsl.jpg
    What can you guys tell me about these speakers?
    And do you think $750 is a good price?

3.1tl might be a little high but few were made and location and condition plays a huge part. Many like them a lot. I however have never heard a pair.
    Go get them
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,737
    I've been on the hunt for a pair for over a year now.... If you have the chance, pounce, but don't pay that much, come in at 600 and go from there.
    Supposedly this are unmolested...
    Can you tell from the picture if this is true..
    What tweeter that is..
    What series they are...and so on..
    These ventage Polks are confusing..lol