Northern CA Wildfire

Options

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yep, always classy and hilarious to joke about catastrophic loss of life on a grandiose scale in a state that you don't live in.

Not really, more so curiosity on my part. Like, knowing all the catastrophic possibilities that could befall you, yet still choose to live there or choose not to do what you can to prevent things that are within your power to do so.

Kinda like living in New Orleans, knowing your gonna get flooded out every time a hurricane rushes up the Gulf. These aren't one-off catastrophic events, they occur often, every year, they don't blindside anyone.

Obviously you can't do anything about mother nature, but you can with the forest fires, right ? To some degree anyway. Shouldn't have to be a fight to secure some common sense approaches to secure the safety of people living out there is all I'm saying.

Maybe I just don't get the logic. For instance, building tunnels in the most active earthquake zone in the country. It will be a huge catastrophe when people die in the underground subway system in San Fran if a big one hits. Gee, nobody saw that one coming eh ?

I'm not making fun of the death and destruction, just the decision making.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yep, always classy and hilarious to joke about catastrophic loss of life on a grandiose scale in a state that you don't live in.

How dare you call my prayers a joke?

Oh and I am in California, I don't call it livin though.
    Post edited by afterburnt on
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

How dare you call my prayers a joke?

Oh and I am in California, I don't call it livin though.

I agree...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    It sucks when life and property are lost.

Hey I'm all in for jokes and laughing at things, why not. Lighten it up a bit. Or maybe I'm twisted a bit. I've learned to laugh or look the other way when I don't like someones humor. Too old to get offended anymore. As for joking about a major disaster that has yet to happen, I've heard it all some funny some not so.

The southern end of the San Andreas has a lot of thermal vents. They even use some to generate power.
    https://epod.usra.edu/blog/2015/11/geothermal-hot-spots-in-southern-california-volcanoes.html
    http://www.thinkgeoenergy.com/australian-investors-dreaming-big-on-geothermal-development-at-the-salton-sea/

One reason I heard why they are not doing anything to the Salton Sea is they are scared of setting off the San Andreas.

Disaster on the west coast is a question of when not if. How bad is anybody guess. Seattle sits under Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker to the north keeps blowing steam. South we have Mammoth, Lassen and Shasta to name a few.

Now if you want to hear offensive comments PM me and I'll tell you what my son said about the step monster having my dad cremated against our wishes.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Yep, the Cascades are very active, silent but deadly.

a lot like Russ.... no?
  • tonyb
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

a lot like Russ.... no?

Don't know about that man, deadly...yes, silent....not so much. He can put an SVS to shame on occasion. May even be the only human ever to register on the Richter scale.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited November 2018
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

a lot like Russ.... no?

Don't know about that man, deadly...yes, silent....not so much. He can put an SVS to shame on occasion. May even be the only human ever to register on the Rect um scale.

fixed it fer ya B)B)

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    It sucks when life and property are lost.

Hey I'm all in for jokes and laughing at things, why not. Lighten it up a bit. Or maybe I'm twisted a bit. I've learned to laugh or look the other way when I don't like someones humor. Too old to get offended anymore. As for joking about a major disaster that has yet to happen, I've heard it all some funny some not so.

The southern end of the San Andreas has a lot of thermal vents. They even use some to generate power.
    https://epod.usra.edu/blog/2015/11/geothermal-hot-spots-in-southern-california-volcanoes.html
    http://www.thinkgeoenergy.com/australian-investors-dreaming-big-on-geothermal-development-at-the-salton-sea/

One reason I heard why they are not doing anything to the Salton Sea is they are scared of setting off the San Andreas.

Disaster on the west coast is a question of when not if. How bad is anybody guess. Seattle sits under Mt. Rainier, Mt. Baker to the north keeps blowing steam. South we have Mammoth, Lassen and Shasta to name a few.

Now if you want to hear offensive comments PM me and I'll tell you what my son said about the step monster having my dad cremated against our wishes.

You should have heard what they said about the horse I rode in on!
  • mrloren
    Options

a lot like Russ.... no?

Don't know about that man, deadly...yes, silent....not so much. He can put an SVS to shame on occasion. May even be the only human ever to register on the Richter scale.

After a few brews and some of the local street tacos I've been known to ---- well let's just say not safe to be in the county. So please keep Russ out of SoCal.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    6r6my86mrrf7.jpg

You mean these buns?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    Options
    Ya know, I hate to give California any ideas, but....with all that Mexican food out there, a f a r t tax may be appropriate. May even surpass weed as a stream of collectable taxes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    Options
    Ya know, I hate to give California any ideas, but....with all that Mexican food out there, a f a r t tax may be appropriate. May even surpass weed as a stream of collectable taxes.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no ideas.
  • tonyb
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

Sounds a wee bit RACIST.

Comments like this should be kept to yourself or shared with only your racist circle of friends.

Of course....because only Mexicans eat Mexican food. Whatever your drinking tonight, I want some. :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Options

Sounds a wee bit RACIST.

Comments like this should be kept to yourself or shared with only your racist circle of friends.

I just made tacos and burritos at home....GASP!!!! maybe I should turn myself in to the "cultural appropriation police." (Insert several disdainful eye-rolls here)

I remember sending you a PM some time ago about a racist picture you posted to the forum and advising you to pull it before Ken did.

I am Tony's friend.. you calling me racist too? I guess you are calling 95% of this forum racist, because he has more friends here than you can fathom. Maybe you should stop associating with us then. You know where the exit is.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    What's racist about Mexican food making us flatulate? It's a fact. :D

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Sounds a wee bit RACIST.

Whoa bro get off your horse
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    What's racist about Mexican food making us flatulate? It's a fact. :D
    Even the Mexicans I know tell me that if you didn't have gas afterwards, you had bad food.

• codycatalist
    Options
    In the last week I have eaten Pasta La Espanol (Spanish Cake), Barbacoa, Birria and Cabeza. I don't see what the problem is here, i'm white as the background of this post and my WIFE is MEXICAN from MEXICO.

It ain't a problem unless you are looking for a problem, obviously itll be clear as day. Can Arizona get in on this f a r t tax? We could use the money to go towards a better education system.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Thanks @la2vegas now you made me hungry due to proof reading my post. Seriously though, nothing racist about what he said. The worst thing Tony said on this thread is "Sheriff Joe", I HATE reading that name. If you want to read about Racism go do research on the 300+ child endangerment/abuse/exual abuse cases that he let slide in El Mirage which is a lower income Hispanic neighborhood.

Yes I spelled that word wrong to avoid the forum popo.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Beans, beans, good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you...well you know.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Sheriff Joe, can't believe no one has dispatched that POS yet.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • codycatalist
    Options

Tell me about it.

• krazypolk
    Options

Hey come on now, I usually gauge a man by the company he keeps. So he picked up a jacket, big deal who hasn't.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You have sunk to a new low....
    I don’t agree with much of what he has done as Sheriff, but to be an advocate for his murder is beyond the pale.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Watch what you insinuate there buddy. I am not advocating anything such, just an observation. I am sure his enemies list is long.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Isn’t that exactly what would be said if a conservative said something similar? No politics, just asking.

Tony mentions Mexican food and flatulence in the same sentence and gets called racist... really? Did not see you say a word about that one.
    I am tired of labels like “racist”, “bigot”, “homophobe”, and the rest tossed at people without any regard whatsoever to the damage done to an innocent person.

When Tony can be called a racist, then by insinuation, every member here called the same, and you and others remain silent, offering no defense whatsoever of him and his character... your silence speaks volumes.

• motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Well no, I would of given that conservative an agree. I don't judge a man by his politics.

• motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Isn’t that exactly what would be said if a conservative said something similar? No politics, just asking.

Tony mentions Mexican food and flatulence in the same sentence and gets called racist... really? Did not see you say a word about that one.
    I am tired of labels like “racist”, “bigot”, “homophobe”, and the rest tossed at people without any regard whatsoever to the damage done to an innocent person.

When Tony can be called a racist, then by insinuation, every member here called the same, and you and others remain silent, offering no defense whatsoever of him and his character... your silence speaks volumes.

LOL, not my place to come to Tony's rescue, or anyone's for that fact. Tony can defend his own words, and I mine.

Actually I just barely skimmed over that, not much meat there. Seemed sorta silly to me. I bet Tony would agree?

• mrloren
    Options
    Gee people please lighten up would ya. Go watch Blazing Saddles or something.

But anything I eat gives me gas.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options

Sounds a wee bit RACIST.

Of course....because only Mexicans eat Mexican food. Whatever your drinking tonight, I want some. :D

Whatever he's drinking I don’t want any 'cause I don't want to turn into a fool.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk