Northern CA Wildfire

Options
12346»

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Well, it is supposed to start raining tomorrow. First time since April, I believe. It should clear the air in the Bay Area, put the fires out, and create a super big mess. It will hard to search for bodies in all the muck. Just a big mess all around. Good luck to those displaced and living in tents.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Sheriff Joe, can't believe no one has dispatched that POS yet.
    You have sunk to a new low....
    I don’t agree with much of what he has done as Sheriff, but to be an advocate for his murder is beyond the pale.

All I have to say is if you weren't in Arizona during his long tenure you don't feel the effects of his ways and won't understand how bad of a person he really was. I don't wish the death of any man, its simply not my place to do so but I wish he stayed in prison where he belonged.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Back to the topic, hoping for some rain in CA like predicted. Don't know much about transmission lines so I wont comment. ;)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Back to the topic, hoping for some rain in CA like predicted. Don't know much about transmission lines so I wont comment. ;)

Please, don't let that stop you. There is google, you can become an expert in minutes.... :D .
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Ikea Swedish meatballs give me the trots. Obviously racist meatballs.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    I know a bit about transmission lines.

ee8w5m1n0240.jpg
  • motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Ikea Swedish meatballs give me the trots. Obviously racist meatballs.

deleted
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Well I'm happy to hear that the fires are getting under control. @Clipdat @afterburnt @nooshinjohn and all of our California Polkie brothers and sisters! Good to hear you've all fared well!

Edited to include @la2vegas - how could I forget!

I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB back in the day, it seemed to me that the brush fires were a commonplace event during the dry season. I for one, not being a native, could never get used to that. One year, there was a brush fire that came within 50 yards of my home. 40 ft high flames, OMG, we had to evacuate, but the house was spared.

I'll never forget that. I feel for you guys, having to endure that every year.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB

WAIT!!!....you were in Vandenberg?!?!?!?!?! :o

6r09juppzn1s.jpg
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Well I'm happy to hear that the fires are getting under control. @Clipdat @afterburnt @nooshinjohn and all of our California Polkie brothers and sisters! Good to hear you've all fared well!

Edited to include @la2vegas - how could I forget!

I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB back in the day, it seemed to me that the brush fires were a commonplace event during the dry season. I for one, not being a native, could never get used to that. One year, there was a brush fire that came within 50 yards of my home. 40 ft high flames, OMG, we had to evacuate, but the house was spared.

I'll never forget that. I feel for you guys, having to endure that every year.

It's all year now and I live in the belly of the beast. Anytime that Devil Wind blows I got a little nervous. It took about ten years not to totally freak out. Must have been around 08 when I went toe to toe with the beast. Worse than being shot at.
  • verb
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB

WAIT!!!....you were in Vandenberg?!?!?!?!?! :o

6r09juppzn1s.jpg

Hehe! I’m the guy in blue. Not! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    It’s amazing how we all get used to the threat of natural disasters. Here in the Midwest we have our tornadoes, Eastern and Southern coastal regions the hurricanes.

You guys have the fires and earthquakes. Oh my!

In Michigan we had not quite a tornado pass over the old house (90mph winds). It lasted about 10 seconds. Lots of trees down, shingles and siding blown off, what a mess.

What strikes me is that most folks never really prepare. Whether it be a rendezvous point, supplies, etc. The monthly siren exercise in every community IMO should be a time of reflection about preparedness.

Yeah I’m a little bit of a prepper! :)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I'm a prepper too....I get the hellout of here ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @verb I am prepared for nuclear winter but not wildfires, I can't cook that fast.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    It’s amazing how we all get used to the threat of natural disasters. Here in the Midwest we have our tornadoes, Eastern and Southern coastal regions the hurricanes.

You guys have the fires and earthquakes. Oh my!

In Michigan we had not quite a tornado pass over the old house (90mph winds). It lasted about 10 seconds. Lots of trees down, shingles and siding blown off, what a mess.

What strikes me is that most folks never really prepare. Whether it be a rendezvous point, supplies, etc. The monthly siren exercise in every community IMO should be a time of reflection about preparedness.

Yeah I’m a little bit of a prepper! :)

At least you get a warning.

Earthquake, only warning is dogs will start to bark about 10 seconds before. It's a get out of the house or building.

These fires there is warning but it comes so quick it's hard to get out. I have a few friends that live in the back country of San Diego County. 03 and 07 they only had time to dress and split.

I have a little prep. We keep the SUV at over 1/2 tank all the time. min of 3 cases of water and I spent a little coin on the freeze-dried food buckets. Got like a two week supply for 6 people.

The southwest power outage a few years ago, now that was interesting. I filled every bucket I could as with the tubs. Wife asked why, no power sooner or later no water. My cell was going off with family and friends not knowing what to do for food. Gee use a lighter and light the stove or BBQ. Lucky the power was back on in 12 hours for most of the county.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I always keep my tank at least half full, in case I have to flee to Mexico to avoid capture.
  • Viking64
    Options
    I always keep my tank at least half full, in case I have to flee to Mexico to avoid capture.

"There must have been a door there in the wall when I came in."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gKKqZ5e5Hw
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Started raining today, and is supposed to rain for a few more days. The air has cleaned up, and hopefully fire season is over this year. Of course, the rain makes life even more miserable for those whose homes were destroyed.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Started raining today, and is supposed to rain for a few more days. The air has cleaned up, and hopefully fire season is over this year. Of course, the rain makes life even more miserable for those whose homes were destroyed.

As the rains flow, I'm sure the roads etc get messy from the fire debris and soot???
    I'm sorry for those who endured loss, and hope the rains don't come all at once, we know how that feels.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    edited November 2018
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

As the rains flow, I'm sure the roads etc get messy from the fire debris and soot???

And hill sides

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Amazing, I can breathe again. Incredible.

Take it from someone who just endured air much worse than Beijing's for the last 12 days and felt the negative health effects from it, you should NEVER take breathing clean air for granted! Holy cow.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    I’m sure the paper will have some articles about that. They have shown how the hills are being prepped to reduce the, more than likely, mud slides.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Amazing, I can breathe again. Incredible.

Take it from someone who just endured air much worse than Beijing's for the last 12 days and felt the negative health effects from it, you should NEVER take breathing clean air for granted! Holy cow.

Wait mind blown ..... there's clean air out there..... where like way northern Cali?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Light rains here tonight as well, and expected to push through without to much drama...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

"There must have been a door there in the wall when I came in."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gKKqZ5e5Hw

I don't think I've seen that video before. Is that around the time The Wall was recorded? I'm tired right now. I could Google it but maybe tomorrow sometime for sure. Sounded like Roger Waters speaking in that video.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.