Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 7,640
    Spellcheck - OK. Grammar check - Uhhh. :smile:
    iub13uwdumcd.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 647
    VAmLb.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,519
    CGTIII wrote: »
    VAmLb.jpg

zmeca810nwuj.jpg
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 647
    9462b386272333ab626c5ae3ab0e9b60.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 7,164
    7wljl7tcmd3g.jpg
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,631
    Does this fall under “distracted driving”? :D
    Some pretty sick pics. It would be a lot of fun to fly one of those planes... once you learn how to not die, of course. :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,299
    Couple of hats in a small hat collection I have. B)
    1frxt1wgabpt.png
    6api3b7zf2uj.png
    bc64iy7inzfl.png
    91caeoyi5wip.png
    2e8v3lccw135.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nice caps! Looks like you have the same m&m collection we have!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
    Deer hit by car almost hits cyclist! Video is out there too! Poor deer!
    cu8cuq4va9lx.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Tony M wrote: »
    Couple of hats in a small hat collection I have. B)
    1frxt1wgabpt.png
    6api3b7zf2uj.png
    bc64iy7inzfl.png
    91caeoyi5wip.png
    2e8v3lccw135.png

You need this vintage one I have listed on eBay:ta8jpm4ue6cm.jpeg

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 2,173
    edited October 2018
    About six years ago, I purchased a couple of antique mid-century industrial chairs to go along with my tanker desk of the same age. I started restoring the chairs soon after, but never finished. After six years, I finally started back on the main chair.

It’s a General Fireproofing Goodform chair, roughly 70-years old. It’s been a complete restoration, with hours of cleaning, polishing, and painting. To make matters difficult, I never took pictures before disassembly, so i didn’t know how to reassemble it or where every screw and bolt went (which was likely the reason I never finished). After researching other pictures and testing, I’ve figured out where everything goes. I’m going to purchase some new screws and bolts today to replace the old ones, and then it’s off to get reupholstered. The matching task chair will get reupholstered at the same time.

The first two pictures are the before pictures.

ald8c4mza6yn.jpeg
    sj8861csf55w.jpeg
    h9710s7av1z4.jpeg
    di0pkjc3y146.jpeg
    edited October 2018
    I saw one of those rolling desk chairs at Good will years ago and it was in MINT cond. Padding and all. It was military green or grey and the price was 30.00. I almost bought it! it was VERY comfortable to sit it!

GW usually doesn't price things that high but during that time, the person/s pricing was/were out of control and drove a bunch of us away. Yard sales were the place to go if we wanted to find a deal during that year or two.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,429
    Beautiful chairs John.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • Refinished Goodform chairs can sell for hundreds, so I’m looking forward to finally enjoying them!

I purchased the very first Goodform model (from the 30s) and sold it to a guy in Brooklyn. I made a nice profit on it!
    edited October 2018
    That is awesome, and quite touching. Gives me hope in the American Spirit! Thanks for sharing that Tony!
    Love those chairs @John Megadeth ! Those babies are built like tanks! 70 years old! My current POS office chair fell apart (pneumatic cylinder) had to be replaced after a year!
    edited October 2018
    I saw people pulling over ONLY when I moved down to Fredericksburg VA. in "75". I'd never seen the respect for a funeral procession like that.

I pull over almost always when I can without causing a road hazard to the others who wouldn't know what I and others still do when we can.

But I've never seen a person get out of their vehicle like this photo shows. Service men and women have high RESPECT for their Country and fellow servers through and through!

And they all serve to do many things like protect this Country and the people who love this Country. Also to protect this planet the best they can from ruthless dictators and rouge regimes killing innocent people.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,333
    8xkcfys4onll.jpeg

My cat leaving disappointed that no one wanted to play with him
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,943
    edited October 2018
    "It's Wild effing Kingdom out there, Jim!" ;)

Too bad the kitteh's not a bobcat.
    (EDIT: too bad from the kitteh's perspective , I mean)
  • verb wrote: »
    Love those chairs @John Megadeth ! Those babies are built like tanks! 70 years old! My current POS office chair fell apart (pneumatic cylinder) had to be replaced after a year!

Yeah, I love them, and love bringing them back to life.

I checked the date stamped on the bottom of the chair I'm working on now, and it was manufactured in October of 1963, so though not quite 70-years old, it's 55 this month!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,631
    Garbage can would be about the only thing I'd use it for... ;)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,229
    I would change it to: "BEATS AUDIO - FOR GARBAGE ONLY" :p
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,631
    Jstas wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been posted yet but made me laugh.

q4ztv6x8jlcs.jpg

Haha... don't throw trash into it because it's already full!!
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• MilitoMilito Posts: 584
    edited October 2018
    Messed up, see below.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Fios.