Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• That sounds feasible.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Early Monitors? "MR31377" - Anyone collecting these?
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/528973513/
    e268c1704b814e50a5a732fdb52ab35a.jpg
    be1b36fc98dd4a599e2ec8da8f82edda.jpg

Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Early Monitors? "MR31377" - Anyone collecting these?
    https://offerup.com/item/detail/528973513/
    e268c1704b814e50a5a732fdb52ab35a.jpg
    be1b36fc98dd4a599e2ec8da8f82edda.jpg

Those look like circa 1992 monitors that do eke in the forum just picked up. Not a very desirable looking speaker imho...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Nhpenn wrote: »

Seems like only slipped magnets in one speaker... notice there is no fuse in the holder in the back of the one speaker.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Seems like only slipped magnets in one speaker... notice there is no fuse in the holder in the back of the one speaker.

And the fuse holders seem real clean. Like new clean.
  • mlistens03
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Doesn’t seem like a common thing on Polk’s, stored well I guess.
    Or are you implying that someone removed the fuse to make people think that it isn’t broken?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

Or are you implying that someone removed the fuse to make people think that it isn’t broken?

I simply implied that it looks new.
  • mlistens03

I simply implied that it looks new.

Ok. I thought that’s what you meant, but I wasn’t sure. :)
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Monitor 10Bs with receiver and CD player. Philadelphia. $125
    https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-floor-speakers-with/6705519206.html

One tweeter looks to be shot but $125 for an instant garage rig sounds like a deal.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    With some nice floor stands too. :p 100.00 should get them.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2018
    SDA SRS's 12 hundie. About a 3 hour drive for me one way. Oh man!
    ulkp8pt5tnj2.png
    Post edited by verb on
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Do it Dave... if you have a BIG room for them to breathe their magic in. Also if you do, that seller should knock a lot of $ off for what you'll have to do to travel that far. Maybe 200.00 off? ;)

I drove 2-1/2 hrs. one way for my newest Turntable. It was a beautiful day trip for us too. The Lady knocked 50.00 off the 250.00 price. :)
  • verb
    edited September 2018
    Enabler! :smile: I did call the guy and asked for more pics to get an idea of what generation these babies are.

Tony you and I are aligned - I offered him $1000 pending my inspection and he accepted. Tentatively I'll be heading out there on Sunday. They are on hold for me until then.

Serial numbers are 3418, 3930 but I have found after searching a bit that the numbers are useless cause there is no database (public at least) that will tell which generation they are. I may pull a MW off while I'm there just to confirm, but if they are truly are minty I'll get em!

He is the original owner, has not played them in quite some time, but cosmetically they are in excellent condition. We'll see!

Now I just have to break the news to the Mrs that we're taking a road trip! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Sounds like a plan, this will be a long week for you my friend.
  • Tony M
    verb wrote: »
    Enabler! :smile: I did call the guy and asked for more pics to get an idea of what generation these babies are.

Tony you and I are aligned - I offered him $1000 pending my inspection and he accepted. Tentatively I'll be heading out there on Sunday. They are on hold for me until then.

Serial numbers are 3418, 3930 but I have found after searching a bit that the numbers are useless cause there is no database (public at least) that will tell which generation they are. I may pull a MW off while I'm there just to confirm, but if they are truly are minty I'll get em!

He is the original owner, has not played them in quite some time, but cosmetically they are in excellent condition. We'll see!

Now I just have to break the news to the Mrs that we're taking a road trip! :smile:

That's great! :):p

I thought my wife would say "see ya when you get back", but she said it had been a while for us doing that road trip thing for stereo stuff and she would love to go if the weather was going to be nice. We stopped for breakfast and stopped for lunch to get a sausage dog to eat driving back home. It was a great 7 hr. round trip. ;):)

It was to New Bern NC.. The town that got a massive storm surge from Hurricane Florence. I saw on the news where we walked and talked and hung out for a while by the shore being under 6' of water down there and 1' to 2' where I roamed looking for an outlet outside the Convention Center parking lot and by a side street gazebo.

I think you're jumping past the SRS2's aren't you? If you have the spacious room, you probably won't care about the 1/2 size speakers like I and others have. I think I have the room,( if I clean it out ) an 18x21 with 10' walls and cathedral ceiling to accommodate those BIG BOYS. I'd have to get experienced members to inform me on the good room size matching opinions. My SRS2's definitely fill my room to rock concert levels, but maybe the BIG BOYS would fill it easier.

Billy Idol on the BIG BOYS...OH YEA! B):p

I also told the Lady with the Turntable if it called for rain the day we were to meet (Sat.), I'd like to make the trip on another day. Maybe Sunday. She fully understood, concerning my age and all, and agreed happily...LOL. I hate driving in the rain on long road trips!

You certainly have the electronics to power those BIG BOYS now don't you. B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Dave's on a spending spree lately!
  • Tony M
    edited September 2018
    If the prices are low enough and if we have the space and $$$, a lot of us will go on a spending spree for sure. :p:D
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Dave's on a spending spree lately!

Drew you gotta celebrate a little bit with your new job and hopefully signing bonus! :smile:
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited September 2018
    Drew you gotta celebrate a little bit with your new job and hopefully signing bonus! :smile:

I thought about picking up a SA-14S1 or a KI Pearl, but honestly my components are fine right now. The main thing limiting my system is the space that it's in.

So yeah, I'm going to stick with this current set of components for now, as I know the real limiting factor is the room. I can always upgrade my source/preamp at some point in the future. :)
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225

Do you know if they have the blade/blade or pin/blade interconnect plug?

Also hopefully the owner can help you load them up. Those bad boys are heavy!!! Good luck on your quest... :)
  • verb
    He’s gonna send some more pics. If blade/blade from what I understand then early SRS’s.
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    @verb, You would be correct!

If you haven't checked it out yet take a look at Gimpod's site on Polk Speaker Identification:

http://www.gimpod.com/sda-id.html
  • verb
    kmeek wrote: »
    @verb, You would be correct!

If you haven't checked it out yet take a look at Gimpod's site on Polk Speaker Identification:

http://www.gimpod.com/sda-id.html

Hehe. I’m not that smart! That’s where I got the info! :smile:
  • https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/d/polk-sda-srs-2-speakers-pair/6706675115.html

Polk sda srs 2.3s right? Says sda-srs 2 but they're 2.3s. Seems like a fair price.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/d/polk-sda-srs-2-speakers-pair/6706675115.html

Polk sda srs 2.3s right? Says sda-srs 2 but they're 2.3s. Seems like a fair price.

If you don't, I will.... Just saying
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/msg/d/polk-sda-srs-2-speakers-pair/6706675115.html

If you don't, I will.... Just saying

Go for it