Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I'm an owner of the Packers. Lol. Can't remember when, but somewhere down the line I bought a share of stock. It is correct that it is not an investment as that term is commonly used. The stock pays no dividend, the stock cannot be traded except back to the team at the same price, and the board of directors runs the show - there is a "stockholder meeting" that thousands of people attend at Lambeau Field but its a dog and pony show. The team only offered stock rarely in its history, but when they rebuilt Lambeau Field they funded it through stock sales which may be when I acquired it, and I believe teekay is also correct that in 2011 they offered some more stock. If I was smart, I'd print up some business cards with my name and "NFL Owner" or some such thing on there. Then I could pull out the cards in a bar and act like all those '70's rockers trying to convince young chicks that they used to be lead singer in a hot rock band.
  • Rogers injury may only get worse as the season progresses. He would not have been carted off if there was nothing there. I suspect he will be hobbled most of, if not all season, and a few teams will exploit that weakness.

Thank you for the prognosis Dr John
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    MCL sprains don’t easily heal themselves without rest....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Interesting, never knew that about the Packers. In any event, whoever signed the deal with Rogers had some skid marks in their shorts last night.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Rogers is 59-8 at home. Think about it 59-8! Pack play the number one D from last year next weekend. The Viks. He will have his hands full again. Clay Mathews laid a cheap shot late hit on the QB. Paybacks a ****. Yes my Bears could not keep up second half. New Coach. New QB. Lots of exciting skilled players on the team. They can only get better. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    That hit by Mathews should draw a suspension and a hefty fine.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    tonyb wrote: »
    Interesting, never knew that about the Packers. In any event, whoever signed the deal with Rogers had some skid marks in their shorts last night.

That "deal" with Rodgers exemplifies the lunacy of these recent guaranteed contracts. During the very first game into a GUANTEED $100 MILLION contract, he's carted off the field and it looks like he's maybe out indefinitely. He came back in the second half last night, but what if he hadn't and it was career ending? The team would owe $100 million for less than two quarters of a game of football. I wouldn't be betting that Rodgers is going to be completing anything near four years the way things are. These staggering guarantees are going to leave more than skid marks before they're done. And Rodgers was still under contract for another two years when they signed this new deal. Would seem they'd want to see how Rodgers held up for awhile considering how serious an injury he sustained just last year which cost the Packers their season.
  • nooshinjohn
    Teams take out insurance policies to protect them on that kind of loss,but somebody would still be paying for sure, usually the little guy in the form of higher rates somewhere else.

• dromunds
    Good point, but someone has to pay the premium even if its insured - and in the meantime, the team has insufficient money for other players - in the Packers case wouldn't it make sense for the team to have a great O-line to protect your $100 Million investment? Yet, their 1st team O-line got a medieval @ss-whooping by the Bears - granted the Bears have one of the best D-lines around - but the point is the Packers starting O-line is nothing to brag about with a couple significant weak links, and are themselves the definition of walking wounded. If one of the starters goes down, there is no depth. Then what happens to your $100 guaranteed?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    It's always about the money. Would the Packers still fill the stadium, sell merchandise without Rogers at the clip they do now ? Lets face it, without Rogers, they are a mediocre team.

Packs line is getting up there in age though. Bad thing about football, the older you are, the more experienced, the better your judgements on the field. By that time though your body is starting to tell you enough already.

Very few players have youth and super star status at the same time. When they do, one of the 2 gives out shortly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited September 2018
    Does anybody know how the Vikings are doing?
  • Dabutcher
    Overtime 29-29
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Looks like the Packers and their one legged quarterback got ROBBED by the zebras.
  • nooshinjohn
    Plenty of bad calls to go around in that one...

• krazypolk
    edited September 2018
    Plenty of bad calls to go around in that one...

Please, they got ROBBED!
    Don't give me that there were a lot of bad calls bull.
  • nooshinjohn
    And the Pack was given a free first down when Davante Adams ran off another 11 yards after his knee was clearly down and he was touched by a Vikings defender. There were so many missed calls and calls made that were highly questionable. Officiating this year is a joke.

• The game was effectively over on that bogus roughing the passer charged to Mathews. Period.
  • nooshinjohn
    And the Vikings got charged for a bogus roughing the passer call earlier in the game, on almost exactly the same type of hit. I agree the Mathews call was BS, but at least the officiating was consistently bad.

Bottom line is the league needs to fix this problem.

• krazypolk
    edited September 2018
    Are you kidding, I know you're not pretending that both of those two plays had the same magnitude in the game.

I know you're a Viking homer but come on.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2018
    I am saying they were exactly the same type of call. Obviously the Mathews call had a greater impact, as I am not that stupid. All I am saying is that officiating crew sucked and nothing more.

The NFL has a real and growing problem on it's hands and they need to fix it, or this is going to get worse.

• I am saying they were exactly the same type of call. Obviously the Mathews call had a greater impact, as I am not that stupid. All I am saying is that officiating crew sucked and nothing more.

The NFL has a real and growing problem on it's hands and they need to fix it, or this is going to get worse.

Great. Now to get you to admit that the Packers got ROBBED!
  • nooshinjohn
    Why do you want to create an argument where more exists? As a lifelong Vikings fan, the last thing I will ever do is grab a prayer mat, look to the east and pray to Lambeau.

• So asking for honesty is creating an argument?
    Sorry you feel that way.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Go Jaguars! Way to stay aggressive. IMO the only way to beat NE.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • nooshinjohn
    krazypolk wrote: »
    So asking for honesty is creating an argument?
    Sorry you feel that way.

In none of my posts did I ever not say that the Packers got the shaft. You inferred that when I said the officiating sucked all around. I was never dishonest about it either.

• Dabutcher
    Year in , year out. Packers get more “Home Cookin” than any other team in the NFL. Sniveling about bad play calling in nonsensical! Packers did not play well enough today to win. Simple as that. Go Bears! Peace. D
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited September 2018
    Im predicting Mike Ditka will come out of retirement and replace Mile Tomlin of the Steelers. BTW....does anyone care about the Sunday Night game???
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I care! :|
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2018
    @Dabutcher.... I agree 100%. Any team that surrenders 22 points in the 4th quarter deserves a loss IMHO. And any team with Super Bowl aspirations that moves up in the draft to grab a rookie kicker rather than field a proven talent also does not deserve a win if they are relying on his leg to win games. Stevie Wonder could have made that last one.

Both teams got better than what they deserved, but again, just my opinion.