Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    You Browns fans go to church every Sunday and pray for miracles....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Let's have Cincy and Clev finish 1-2 in the AFC Central this year!
  • deronb1 wrote: »
    Let's have Cincy and Clev finish 1-2 in the AFC Central this year!

And what have you been smoking?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    audioluvr wrote: »
    My top teams:
    #1 Vikings (where I was raised)
    #2 Bears (where I was born)
    #3 Seahawks (closest to my current home)

Surely the Vikes can win a Superbowl before I die of old age right??? The Cubbies did!

If the cubbies can win the world series...
    My bad.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    audioluvr wrote: »

If the cubbies can win the world series...
    My bad.
    Naw, no worries. We all knew what you meant. Just having a little late-night nonsense fun. :p

I can't believe that the Vikings have never won a Super Bowl with Fran Tarkenton. :o For a while in the mid 70s, it seemed that they were in it almost every year. Of course, being a Cowboys fan back then, I too had to suffer through too many Steelers titles. *Kicks astro-turf*
  • nooshinjohn
    As fate would have it, I don’t have to do anything to watch the game today, so I am watching the Vikes today... so far, not impressed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    So far the D looks good Treadwell on the other hand still sucks.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited September 2018
    Cousins to Diggs what a perfect thrown ball, once the offense gels look out!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • It's nice to see that father time still hasn't caught up with Tom Brady.
  • You Browns fans go to church every Sunday and pray for miracles....

Well if you watched the game you would agree, it was a glorious $#*+ show.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    The AFC Central is undefeated!
  • deronb1 wrote: »

For now.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Yeah, way to go Pitt, dropping 14 points AND not cleaning up in overtime... Not impressed. Jeremy has it right.
  • nooshinjohn
    You Browns fans go to church every Sunday and pray for miracles....

Well if you watched the game you would agree, it was a glorious $#*+ show.

No need to watch to know that was going to be the case

• krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited September 2018
    Question, during the Redskin game. Why did every Redskin that scored a touchdown kneel in the endzone?

PS, I didn't watch the game. I saw this in the highlights.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Go Bears!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Bears are actually looking like a football team tonight. Took out Rogers in the first quarter too.

My son in-laws team, the Bills....got clobbered somethin' fierce.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Dabutcher loves Da Bears! Go Bears! Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    Boy those Bears put on a clinic tonight. If snatching defeat from the jaws of victory were the object of the game, they just won that Lombardi. Too bad you have to play 60 minutes.

• nooshinjohn
    The Browns finally found a way to not lose. :p:p:p:p

• tonyb wrote: »
    Bears are actually looking like a football team tonight. Took out Rogers in the first quarter too.

My son in-laws team, the Bills....got clobbered somethin' fierce.

Well I didn't watch either game under the current state of affairs, but I did see the highlights. Which loss hurts more Tony? The bears are a sack of garbage, especially that swiss cheese so called defense. You're in for a long season
  • tonyb
    That secondary was just non existent. 20-3 in the third quarter and they blew it. Rogers was basically playing on one leg too.

After half time, GB adjusted, Bears didn't. Really bad play calling too and clock management late in the 4th quarter also. Symptoms of a rookie QB and coach.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Rodgers gave the Packer fans a scare.
  • tonyb
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

He gave the owners a bigger scare, considering he just signed that massive contract.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »

He gave the owners a bigger scare, considering he just signed that massive contract.

The Packers are publicly owned.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    deronb1 wrote: »

I can absolutely GUARANTEE there will be NO LOSSES in the AFC Central this entire NFL season!!

That's only because there is no AFC Central division...
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    tonyb wrote: »

The Packer fans are the owners - the team is a publicly-traded, non-profit corporation. Basically, you can own shares in the team that don't pay dividends and cannot be sold. Only the team can buy the shares, at a reduced rate. Yes, it's pretty much a deal that only looks inviting to big-time Pack fans. And yes, at the last public stock offering (2011), there was more demand than supply.

The real beauty of this ownership style is that under no foreseen circumstances could the team ever be moved to another (ie. bigger market, more profitable) city. The voting "owners" would never vote for it. Thus, keeping the Pack in the smallest (by a long ways) market city in the entire NFL.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I still can't get myself to turn on football, I was hoping I would get back to watching it, but decided playing the new Spider-Man PS4 Game was more interesting.. LOL!!

Seriously after not watching it last year I don't find myself really missing much, and find better things to do with my time...

I do wish you Vikings, Raiders, and Browns fans the best though.. :D
  • nooshinjohn
    Rogers injury may only get worse as the season progresses. He would not have been carted off if there was nothing there. I suspect he will be hobbled most of, if not all season, and a few teams will exploit that weakness.