Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

1146147149151152221

Comments

  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    erniejade wrote: »
    For 89$ and the peerless tweets, good deal i think

    That's the SL2500 tweeter... Monitor 7. Still good for the asking price.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    LoStrings wrote: »

    The holy Grail for me... Why so far away!? :s
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    kmeek wrote: »
    Saw these on Craigslist. No affiation.

    Don't know anything on the Series 2 speakers. Any heads up on Series 2?

    https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/d/old-school-polk-audio-monitor/6675399530.html

    ygjp1j00da7g.jpg

    So much want, the M12s are impossible to find.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,628
    Monitor 5 & 10, Ashburn, Va. Doesn't say they come with or without the grills...no affil.

    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/polk-monitor-10-polk-monitor-5/6680501381.html
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,751
    Are the Monitor 12’s especially good? I didn’t even know they exist before now. Are they just valuable because they are unobtanium?
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Are the Monitor 12’s especially good? I didn’t even know they exist before now. Are they just valuable because they are unobtanium?

    Never had a listen, but they are unobtainium, using similar passives as the 3.1s
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,266
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Are the Monitor 12’s especially good? I didn’t even know they exist before now. Are they just valuable because they are unobtanium?

    Nope they are not.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,751
    FestYboy wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Are the Monitor 12’s especially good? I didn’t even know they exist before now. Are they just valuable because they are unobtanium?

    Never had a listen, but they are unobtainium, using similar passives as the 3.1s

    I did a bit of research on them, and they sound like nice speakers, but a lot of people seem to think that they are boomy. Better placement needed, perhaps? :smile:
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 361
    Don’t need. Want. Great price! No affiliation...
    Polk Audio Sda 2
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/53345028
    kgdeqg3l91v0.jpeg
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL

    Repair pile:
    (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

    Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (2x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (4x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA CRS, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s)

    ...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 361
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Wow! You always show up with some nice deals.
    I’m really torn - great price, but I already have a pair of SDA 2's and KG4's in the queue for repair/refurbish. Just don’t need them. Still...
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL

    Repair pile:
    (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

    Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (2x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (4x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, SDA CRS, SDA 2, SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s)

    ...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    Dooooo eeeettttt
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,137
    JayMX wrote: »
    Don’t need. Want. Great price! No affiliation...
    Polk Audio Sda 2
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/53345028
    kgdeqg3l91v0.jpeg
    3mgkecmsonm2.jpeg


    Didn’t need but wanted these so I made it happen. Get them. :) Impressive little Speakers.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought

    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

    Backups 2.3tl, 3.1tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    FestYboy wrote: »
    LoStrings wrote: »

    The holy Grail for me... Why so far away!? :s

    8 hundie? Good price?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,101
    JayMX wrote: »
    Don’t need. Want. Great price! No affiliation...
    Polk Audio Sda 2
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/53345028
    kgdeqg3l91v0.jpeg

    Would like to own these, but logistics won't allow it.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    LoStrings wrote: »

    3.1TL’s
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    verb wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    LoStrings wrote: »

    The holy Grail for me... Why so far away!? :s

    8 hundie? Good price?

    It's a good price when there's none available... It's realistically the largest SDA I can use in my house without choking them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    la2vegas wrote: »
    The all black studios. They do look handsome, I should know. I have mine just like those.

    Dog. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 5,698
    If anyone wants the 2.3tl that are in oak lawn thats between chicago and Minnesota, l can help.
    T+A PA 1530R,Wireworld Silver Eclipse SC, Tyler Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Border Patrol SE-I

    Have but haven't used in a while: Cayin SCD50T, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,121
    ^^ I didn't see the listing for those.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 2,020
    Any Uber drivers want to deliver the 3.1's to OKC?
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,101
    xschop wrote: »
    Any Uber drivers want to deliver the 3.1's to OKC?

    I'm about half way between Chicago and OKC in Columbia, Missouri. I would be happy to hold them for you if someone can get them here...
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    Yes..."hold them here"..., that's it...."hold"...
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    xschop wrote: »
    Any Uber drivers want to deliver the 3.1's to OKC?

    You might need the Uber XL for those! :D
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,101
    edited August 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Yes..."hold them here"..., that's it...."hold"...

    So, Is there something wrong with offering to "hold" or "store" a set of speakers for another member?
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,857
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Yes..."hold them here"..., that's it...."hold"...

    So, Is there something wrong with offering to "hold" or "store" or "house" a set of speakers for another member?

    Lol, absolutely not, I was just picturing Mr. Burns....

    I should have inserted an emoji.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 2,020
    kmeek wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »
    Any Uber drivers want to deliver the 3.1's to OKC?

    You might need the Uber XL for those! :D
    Not sure what Uber XL is. Morning humor on my end but thanks for the offer Mike. Maybe a Greyhound bus trip in order lol.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 5,578
    edited August 2018
    xschop wrote: »
    Maybe a Greyhound....

    Uh oh. I know what the next line of song lyrics is.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,101
    xschop wrote: »
    kmeek wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »
    Any Uber drivers want to deliver the 3.1's to OKC?

    You might need the Uber XL for those! :D
    Not sure what Uber XL is. Morning humor on my end but thanks for the offer Mike. Maybe a Greyhound bus trip in order lol.

    lol, just remember the "Polk Express" has come through before!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,671
    edited August 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Yes..."hold them here"..., that's it...."hold"...

    So, Is there something wrong with offering to "hold" or "store" a set of speakers for another member?

    I do it all the time!
    All my stuff is at other people's houses....
  • Nhpenn
    Nhpenn Posts: 56
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Quick question. Has anyone purchased items on Goodwills' auction site?
    I'm trying to gather info on a possible purchase.

    My brother bought a pair of oakely sunglasses, not really audio related but it was off their site