Personal Home Theater build, updated whenever

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    thank you sir. It was kind of a last minute decision, looks cool but will add a lot of durability to a high traffic area of the house
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Very, very nice!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Is that an adjustable lally column through your countertop?!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Sure is. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. Right? ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Looking good! Love the waterfall on the granite? top. And the tile work! Well done!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • VR3
    It is a temporary or permanent support post. It will be covered when everything is done, will look good

Thanks guys!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tony M
    I knew it would. Can you get some strips of that countertop material to incase it?

Backsplash strips maybe? I don't know... :|
  • VR3
    I'm thinking the bottom half and back side of cabinets on the living room side will be random rock, similar color to countertops and the top half maybe white casing so it blend in

• Tony M
    I like that idea a lot. B)
  • VR3
    Almost rr1dll0w7g7vgw.jpg
    Ady to start on the ceiling... Although that little cubby is going to be a pita to finish mudding
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    You have to be nearing the 1/2 life of that drywall.
    Just use a 4” nap and forgo the mudding.
    Your wife couldn’t even pick matching curtains.....geesh.

:D

Was the section in the back of the alcove an after thought? You are absolutely right. That area will be a beach! Fortunately, it will be hidden behind what we can assume are electronics.

As always Hurry Up!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • VR3
    The alcove is procrastination at its finest lol

The wife wanted the kitchen done first... What can I say
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    VR3 wrote: »
    What can I say
    Whatever she tells you...and no more.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 721
    That's a great Kitchen space! I love all the recessed lighting amongst everything else.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • VR3
    edited July 2018
    Thank you, @lightman1 spoiled me years ago
  • VR3
    Haven't quite made it to the sanding stage... But I'm very closeivarlx1t74sm.jpg
  • VR3
    Will be able to start priming this week, maybe paint this weekend... Will see! kaqp77y5iddo.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    That's gonna be sweet

Bless the wife for putting up with the mess ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Thanks man

She went two years without a kitchen sink and cooked on a portable stove top, she's a keeper lol

1 year for me! Gutted the kitchen over a year ago. I had to set up a little cooking area with a inductive hot plate, toaster oven, mini fridge, coffee maker, etc. Kitchen is fully functional now, just have to finish the crown moldings, baseboards, and other minor stuff. Did the under cabinet lights today!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • VR3
    That's awesome man, it definitely takes time.

Mine was a little involved as I did the living room at the same time...

Over the past 4 years I did the following -

Gutted kitchen and living room.

Moved master bedroom door
    relocated laundry room
    added half bath (next project to complete)
    added coat closet
    built double closets for master
    added a pantry
    removed the corner that divided kitchen and living room and put the bar
    knocked down 5,000 pound chimney and added pop out for HT equipment
    New kitchen
    new living room

Basically redid the floor plan a little, which was sorely needed
  • VR3
    Primed the entire room last night... Time willing will have the first coat for the ceiling tonight
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Posting here so I can follow. I love a good HT build. Looks great
  • VR3
    Starting to get real, one more roll coat

hj3q8gvmsurk.jpg
    mbva72g96wjv.jpg

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Thanks man
    She went two years without a kitchen sink and cooked on a portable stove top, she's a keeper lol
    Man, I'm year three in my house and purchased materials at the beginning. I still have some paint, floors, kitchen counters, and master bath to complete. The master bath has been out of commission for most of the time here. The plan is to finish it this weekend. Your journey is inspiring. Great work, and both our better half's are great for being patient. Well, mine has damn near cursed me out a couple of times....but , all great things will come in time.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Tony M

hj3q8gvmsurk.jpg
    mbva72g96wjv.jpg

Looking GREAT Trey! ;)

What is the square hole in the floor of the recessed area for?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Tony M wrote: »

hj3q8gvmsurk.jpg
    mbva72g96wjv.jpg

Looking GREAT Trey! ;)

What is the square hole in the floor of the recessed area for?

It appears to be for running wire
  • VR3
    Thanks guys

Yes that is run wire, I'll make a Panel to cover it with a few thru plates but I wanted it removable
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Thanks guys

Yes that is run wire, I'll make a Panel to cover it with a few thru plates but I wanted it removable

Just use these:

61xuc68yqXL._SL1500_.jpg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    I may use a floor box of sorts...

Some of the wire is 3/4 inch thick