Personal Home Theater build, updated whenever

124»

Comments

• VR3VR3 Posts: 22,386
    I may use a floor box of sorts...

Some of the wire is 3/4 inch thick
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    jmk9047kb269.jpgg0yod71vbbdn.jpg

- Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    I'm playing the center and surrounds right now, sounding good

I modified the center with Mr 50 resistors, clarity cap mr and cmr, will be Curtis to see how it performs
    - Not Tom

Temp setup (hopefully obvious) but all in all I am impressed with the initial results. Cant dial in much with everything on the floor and restricted menu without a screen

ao9xmox1t89m.jpg
    - Not Tom

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 958
    From experience doing a HT build out 10 years ago, you are going to live in that room for a week straight after it’s finished. So exciting. Congrats sir.
    edited August 12
    Thank you, it's addictive

I'm watching a movie now and it's intense... Whole structure shifted
    - Not Tom

All I can say is thank you to everyone who planted the infinite baffle subwoofer bug....

Surpassed every expectation, never experienced a sub like it and I've heard some of the best...
    - Not Tom

• WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,208
    That's what I've heard about IB. From my SQ car audio days, some of the more accurate sub bass systems I've heard were IB. I met the late Tom Nousaine years ago but never got to listen to his massive IB system. The system used eight 15" TC Sounds drivers in the basement, it may have been expanded at some point I think? For years I said I was going to try to set up a demo of his system. I passes his town everyday on my way to and from work, damn!

I've though about doing one in the basement myself...but too chicken to cut into the floor.

Enjoy that build! but, stop watching movies and get back to work before procrastination sets in. LOL!

Looking good man!
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    Thank you sir

The IB set up is worth it, cut pots of holes in the floor and make it work! It's amazing

I cut in my floor boxes for the speaker wire runs.. The boxes also hold an outlet in their own box... Did this in the event I ever want to run powered towers for fun or whatever8n2nk0cbv0aw.jpg
    - Not Tom

Looking to have the doors on tomorrow... All you will see are 2 speakers and a TV...

rl6vqlkku8vw.jpg
    - Not Tom

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,929
    So much better than the first time we rebuilt that living room.
    Thank you kind sir

And yes, getting rid of that chimney and doing the pop out... Worth it

We ran 14 outlets in the cubby plus one at each main... So we are juiced up with 60 amps of Russ current
    - Not Tom

• gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,268
    Nice work.

Bet you're glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel...def long time coming.
    Thank youthink the wife is angrier now than before because I keep watching movies lol
    - Not Tom

edited August 19
    I like the look. Random accident the guides match the Utopias.. Hahai do have ventilation in the rack, two fans mounted over amp and receiver venting upwards...

The black box you can see below the TV is an exhaust fan pushing air out into the room

sxx4uaa0aal8.jpg
    - Not Tom

edited September 8
    Hard to tell but the whole house is falling down right now.

One thing is for sure, I reconfigured the rack where all of the gear is back facing back And using .5 meter interconnects and being able to route cables where no power touches low voltage... Pretty awesome

Different pair of Utopias in this pic

9vpd2x9y6ood.jpg
    - Not Tom

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,848
    Blinds.....I miss the towels. :(

Looks great! Is that "The Delorean" doing a burnout by a fountain?!
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Yes! The race scene is incredible!

Thank you
    - Not Tom

Granite platforms really brought the tweeter height to a good point

e7cybc0pqt4y.jpg
    - Not Tom

124»