Personal Home Theater build, updated whenever

gutted the room, knocked down the chimney, in wall home theater rack, framed for future 70" TV, in ceiling center and surrounds, Definitive BP8060ST mains with Atmos tops, no electronics selected gxspakcim5ty.jpg
Tmze3g4qjnwr8.jpg
892rdmk2gx2h.jpgu2k44p14v1c0.jpg
y2lynghvnpxc.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    The third pic looks like a scene from an Arnold movie.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    I'd like to have Arnold, me and two other Sledge hammers and about 6,000 pounds of bricks!! :P
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Looking good @VR3

Glad to see your still around, even if your just being the creepy neighbor lurking in the shadows and peeking in the windows occasionally :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Sheetrock hoist....possibly one of "the" best purchases i have ever made at a whopping $120.

WHat are your plans with Mr. Pole?

Do you have poly on top of your kraft faced insulation? That's an extra step which isn't necessary.

MO FOTOS PEAS!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • VR3
    edited September 2016
    I am actually remodeling my kitchen at the same time and there is to be a corner separating the rooms that was removed. That pole will be moved, it's just temporarily placed right now n but will be placed going through a future bar/table then encased in random rock out some type of veneer.

The way my house is framed, it doesn't really allow the Kraft faced insulation to form a vapor barrier, Lots of oversized cavities, undersized cavities, boards ruining at angles, etc etc so I cut slits in the facing and simply applied a 6 mil barrier through the whole room. Excessive but it works
  • mrbiron
    Kitchen....i thought you did your kitchen already?
    There can't be much left in that house to change...
  • VR3
    edited September 2016
    I had never really updated anything in the kitchen beyond some minor wood working and paint.

In the kitchen, I relocated the master bedroom door from being in the kitchen to the hallway, then I used that old doorway to frame in a pantry. The washer and dryer use to be in the kitchen in a little room, I tore out the room and moved those appliances to the back of the house where there is a perfect spot for them.avo4if66cbig.jpg
    dsd7vhtgy3du.jpg
    u4qow680ppbd.jpg
    In the master bedroom I sealed off the old closets then built new master closets in the bedroom. Those old master closets, I punched out the wall another 10" in the living room and will make that a coat closet and half bathroom.
    vb7e7v2a7okn.jpg
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Love the tile work Trey!

I built an in-wall equipment rack in our HT and love the space savings!

1c7s8d96r8es.jpg

Also, all I could think of when I saw the fourth pic in your first post was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6xC8KM-jk

Oh YEAH!

Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming!
  • VR3
    Slowly making progress - once I have the sheetrock up on the right wall, will be moving back into the kitchen area...

My right shoulder is still recovering from the accident and those 5/8" sheetrock sheets are killing meb0a4xg5nbbsd.jpg
    gwccdglpnkfn.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Looks good, Trey. The fireplace chimney is gone?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Hope it's not too late on the framing... I would increase the opening for the tv to take a 75 inch panel. Nobody is going to produce 70" anymore. Just heard this last week while shopping with my wife for a new tv in the living room.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Hey Russ! Are you still in NC? We need to grab a drink or something! Yes! That 10,00 chimney is gone, level earth where she once stood!

Thanks guys! :)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Looking good!!!
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    How many pairs of Def Techs do you have??
    Looks like you're opening a showroom ;)
  • VR3
    Thanks guys :)

I have a pair of the 2000, 2002, 2006. I'm fixing up the 2002/2006 currently, new socks, refinished caps, changing filter caps on amp, binding post, removable power cord, crossovers, dynamat sub baskets
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Nice progress Trey!
  • VR3
    so this was actually part of the house remodel... getting tools to a place... disregard the mess, had to throw things back in before night fall hehe
    75mpzb0ofjlz.jpg
  • VR3
    I have been procrastinating quite a bit on this due to corner bead. I did a lot of research and had a hard as heck time finding one of the three wide leg corner beads I found in my research. The one place I found happened to have like 60 pieces of it from an order like 5 years ago that was never picked up... lucky me!

But I freaking love it, will be very hard for me to use standard metal corner bead again... mjudobmg7t5w.jpg
  • mrbiron
    HOLY HELL!!! The screws!!!!
    Did you do a load calc on the structure before installing that much metal? An easier way to install cornerbead is a staple gun.

Just an FYI ;)

Hurry up!
  • lightman1
    mrbiron wrote: »
    HOLY HELL!!! The screws!!!!
    Did you do a load calc on the structure before installing that much metal? An easier way to install cornerbead is a staple gun.

Just an FYI ;)

Hurry up!

Frederique...... I have personally helped the lad reframe a lot of that house. After seeing the amount of course thread screws he used, I bought hot stock in the manufacturer. I flipped it two months later at about 450%.
    Dude has a fastener fetish......
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2017
    He just likes scre-wing..... he's recently married and a man... so did you expect anything less @lightman1 @mrbiron
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    Hahaha...

My house was built in 1903... as such... it is as out of round, out of square, out of level as they come... and staples just wont cut it.

I also don't want any popped joints due to an infinite baffle subwoofer :p
  • EndersShadow
    ^Only one thing gonna be "popping" in that room.... and it aint no joints lol
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Trey's motto when it comes to screws?

If it requires one, place 20 in and around the same spot just to make sure.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Trey's motto when it comes to screws?

If it requires one, place 20 in and around the same spot just to make sure.

Tom

^^^^this is a true statement. Don't forget the two tubes of liquid nail on every corner post set or cabinet shelf.
  • EndersShadow
    Did he say "NAILED IT" each time? :wink:
  • VR3
    hahhaha!

You guys are a riot.

Tom... I'm gonna call you in for an inspection on the rock before I prime... just saying... :p
  • EndersShadow
    edited July 2017
    Trey... can I throw an idea out at you? Your room is PERFECT for this concept......

Instead of artwork in the middle imagine its your TV

IMG_0524.JPG?psid=1&width=319&height=240

IMG_0578.JPG?psid=1&width=319&height=240

That way you can install a nice PJ in ceiling to use at times (when good movies are playing) while using the 70" TV for normal stuff to save your PJ bulb...
  • VR3
    Nah, no projector for me. Too many windows, door is in the way of where the projector would go... cool concept though!