LSiM 707 and 705 on sale @ Adorama in cherry

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    I love the boxes they use... To order that box would be hundreds... It's almost like a bonus lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    VR3 wrote: »
    I love the boxes they use... To order that box would be hundreds... It's almost like a bonus lol
    That's true Trey. I mean, I may actually be able to ship different speakers using the outer boxes and some closed cell foam packing material.
    DSkip wrote: »
    Congrats Victor!
    Thanks Skip :)

I will report back after I open them up and check them out.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I've always wanted to try out the 705 or 707 floor standers.
    Who lives near me with a pair ? 19021 Zip code here.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Sweet !!
    Now get an SVS to pair them with!
    Love mine.
  • halo
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sweet !!
    Now get an SVS to pair them with!
    Love mine.

Apartment dweller here. No subs for now, especially the SVS kind. lol.

I loved the 20-39 PCi I had a few years back; it was a beast!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    New deal is up on the black ones. Peace. D8xojd7apzqp7.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    The LSiM’s have a great lower end IMO!! They Made my RTiA’s seem weak...
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Dang I thought I got a deal at $1500 for the pair.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    I keep adding these to my cart but I have no need for them. At these prices they are so tempting. Almost wish I had another room but I am glad I don't. From everything I have read these can be boomy if too close to walls. Not ideal for my HT setup. Plus I already have plenty of subwoofers in the room. I know the 705's are the sweet spot for this line but my OCD wants to have all the drivers size match 706/703's.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Lol that's hilarious

But in all seriousness. I've priced boxes that size and they literally cost 400 to be custom made
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • halo
    VR3 wrote: »
    Lol that's hilarious

But in all seriousness. I've priced boxes that size and they literally cost 400 to be custom made

I'm sure they get a deal when they buy in bulk.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    mantis wrote: »
    I've always wanted to try out the 705 or 707 floor standers.

Me too. I have 705s in my home theater. 707s are arriving next week.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    I went to their website yesterday. It appears the deal is over.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Dabutcher
    Two ebony LSiM 707 can still be had for sale price. You need to add to cart,enter shipping info and summertime promo code and they drop down to 1K price. Not trying to spend anyone’s money here ,but sale is still on boys. Peace. Df15yp7ptgn5n.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • heiney9
    I looked and looked to enter the Summertime promo and it gave me no place to enter it. Maybe I didn't go far enough.

Thanks
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    So the only way to know if something qualifies is go all the way through the process? I just tried with 705's and no dice
  • Dabutcher
    Only ones that qualify on the new deal are these in photo. Still active. I tried it. Peace. D6xtmd8ia96wy.png
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    heiney9 wrote: »
    So the only way to know if something qualifies is go all the way through the process? I just tried with 705's and no dice

You have to enter your shipping info first, and then a link appears under the "Payment" section asking "Do you have a gift card or promo code?" Click on that link and then two boxes appear for you to enter a gift card or promo code.

I just tried it for a single pair of LSiM 707s and the promo code did not work.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • heiney9
    edited July 2018
    It appears it's only working for the "pair" of 707's shown on the website. No biggie, they have sales like this all the time. I don't NEED a pair of 705's, but for less than $1K shipped, that's a helluva deal. Too good to pass up for a brand new pair, even though I have no place to use them.

Realistically, they would probably never dethrone my modded 1C's, but I'm a sucker for a good deal. I'll leave the cash in the audio fund to grow so I can get a Pass XA25 amp. That's where I need to focus my next audio purchase. So, it's probably best this didn't work out.

H9
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    I am going to keep trying to resist but if not does anyone know what the tweeter height on the 705's and 707's?
    If it has been posted I can't seem to find it anywhere here or from various other internet searches. Thanks in advance.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • ab0tj
    ab0tj Posts: 40
    Got my 705's set up and working on the break-in before I make any judgements on the sound. If anyone in Western CO wants a listen, let me know.
    Marantz SR6012, Parasound HCA-2200II, LSiM705 L/R, S35 center (yeah, I know...), 2x PSW505
  • halo
    ab0tj wrote: »
    Got my 705's set up and working on the break-in before I make any judgements on the sound. If anyone in Western CO wants a listen, let me know.

Pics or it didn't happen! lol :)
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited July 2018
    halo wrote: »
    Ok fine :D
    0bwe89c0bc10.jpg

My next audio investment is a nice TV stand so I can organize all this stuff better...

Nice setup, Nothing wrong with an S35 it fits in a lot of places a bigger center won't.

You could always build a stand or check with some local cabinet makers and see if they will build one for you. Get a stand to hold a CSiA6 or LSIM 706.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • ab0tj
    edited July 2018
    mrloren wrote: »
    Nice setup, Nothing wrong with an S35 it fits in a lot of places a bigger center won't.

You could always build a stand or check with some local cabinet makers and see if they will build one for you. Get a stand to hold a CSiA6 or LSIM 706.
    Thanks! I'm getting there... Just noticed the picture makes it look like everything is about to fall over, but I think my camera must just have a bit of fisheye going on because its really not like that :D

I really like the form factor of the S35, and it works well enough for the amount of movie watching I do. I do get a lot of flack for it not being "timbre matched" but I'm more concerned with 2ch sound anyway. Hell, I don't even have surrounds anymore! But it would be nice to get it up off the floor a bit more. It was up where the Marantz is now, until I got an amp and had to reshuffle everything :)

Marantz SR6012, Parasound HCA-2200II, LSiM705 L/R, S35 center (yeah, I know...), 2x PSW505
  • halo
    Ok fine :D
    0bwe89c0bc10.jpg

My next audio investment is a nice TV stand so I can organize all this stuff better...

Looks good to me! Nice setup :smile:
  • ab0tj
    Looks good to me! Nice setup :smile:
    Thanks! Sounds good too... I had a friend over and he said "yeah, but how do they sound with the subs off?" and, well, they already were. I'm excited to see how they sound after they get some break-in time on them.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Pull them off that back wall some. At least 12”. They would have a noticeable increase in sound quality.
  • ab0tj
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Pull them off that back wall some. At least 12”. They would have a noticeable increase in sound quality.
    Hmm.... I just got out the tape measure and turns out they were right at 12" off the wall. I pulled them out a couple more inches and that actually does seem to have made a difference. I will be messing around with placement for a while now... :D